Sign in to follow this  

Guys - the RE 2 remake is now available for ₹989/- on steam. Just wanted to know from folks here that - yes, I know that this is a good game; but have never played any game of RE series earlier. Am more into single player shooters like doom, Wolfenstein, metro series. So will purchasing this game make sense and that too on a PC. I know that this game has lot of positive reviews but am still on edge, given I only like few horror games like the evil within 2.

5 minutes ago, stingray said:

Guys - the RE 2 remake is now available for ₹989/- on steam. Just wanted to know from folks here that - yes, I know that this is a good game; but have never played any game of RE series earlier. Am more into single player shooters like doom, Wolfenstein, metro series. So will purchasing this game make sense and that too on a PC. I know that this game has lot of positive reviews but am still on edge, given I only like few horror games like the evil within 2.

Keep in mind that this isn't a shooter game but survival, the shooting sections are good but not par with doom, wolfenstein level. Also the game has a lot of backtracking and replaying to get the true ending. 

All is in a good way, the game runs great, have good branching story. Re3 remake is coming it's very much related to it i think. 989 for this game is a good deal imo. 

Damn !! Looks like no one played this game here ? Or atleast didnt discuss? Bought this on IVG around Jan and started just last week as part of backlog clearance.. 

I have played RE7 and looks like they went back to RE roots with that..RE2 plays exactly same with lot of indoors..

Finally got rid of Tyrant and out of the police station now... I was really dreading at the end before leaving the station.. I had saved when my life was in 'danger' with no recovery around I kept dying dying with a single blow from a zombie or Tyrant..

Hell Yeah this is survival horror, I hardly had bullets left and these mofo Zombies atleast take 4 bullets from handgun and they again wake up... shot gun bullets are very scarce as well...  after some story scenes playing as Ada now.. not sure how much more of time game is left from here, will play as Claire if any different...

Edited by Assassins Creed

51 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Damn !! Looks like no one played this game here ? Or atleast didnt discuss? Bought this on IVG around Jan and started just last week as part of backlog clearance.. 

I have played RE7 and looks like they went back to RE roots with that..RE2 plays exactly same with lot of indoors..

Finally got rid of Tyrant and out of the police station now... I was really dreading at the end before leaving the station.. I had saved when my life was in 'danger' with no recovery around I kept dying dying with a single blow from a zombie or Tyrant..

Hell Yeah this is survival horror, I hardly had bullets left and these mofo Zombies atleast take 4 bullets from handgun and they again wake up... shot gun bullets are very scarce as well...  after some story scenes playing as Ada now.. not sure how much more of time game is left from here, will play as Claire if any different...

We lost a lot in the snap. 

Done with Leon story !! Tyrant saala gave night mare...

I know the game is survival horror but the health items are so so scarce that too in normal mode.. I was limping in many parts of the game :( RE7 was so much better may be we couldn’t see limping in FPS..

Is Claire story almost same with same bosses ? 

I haven’t played RE1, so Ada first comes in RE2?

Done with Claire campaign too, would have definitely missed something if hadn’t played..

I thought after exiting RPD the story may be similar but really nice twist and separate storyline for Claire. The absolute surprise was waiting in the end when I though almost that game over and let’s go home, really enjoyed nailing the last boss much better than Leon end Boss..

RE3 Next, but gotta wait until LOU2 is finished..

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

RE3 Next, but gotta wait until LOU2 is finished..

But RE3 is definitely not worth buying for 3.5K if you are buying/playing on Console. 6-7hours for story. Not hating just saying lol. 

But RE3 is definitely not worth buying for 3.5K if you are buying/playing on Console. 6-7hours for story. Not hating just saying lol. 
The game can be completed under 5 hours and that too without rushing it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I finished this game in hardcore mode with both Leon and Claire yesterday. During the first play-through, Mr. X was a very intimidating figure. But with each play-through, he became less and less imposing and later, just a gimmick since by then, I knew those events which trigger our first face-off with him in both scenarios. So, I just grab, all the essential items and clear the areas which would become my gateway route just in case I have to. Back-tracking in RPD is just that much easy once you know the lay-out. Visually this game is very pleasing with the mods. Initially the yellow tint was very hard to ignore but thanks to mods, it became quite stunning.