Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

On 9/10/2022 at 11:34 PM, dante77 said:

How do these timesprime multiple subs in one sub packs work? They are cheap. Is there any catch? Do we have to use their app to watch a specific streaming service say Netflix? 

Let's say I buy from OTT play which is giving me 9 subscription which includes sony Liv and lionsgate play. Do I have to use OTT play app to watch Sony Liv? Or they give us coupon code? Or it's just a fancy scheme of sharing model? 

I have a times prime sub. No catch as such . you watch all ott content on the specific app, sony on sony's app , zee5 on zee's app.

you just have to download times prime app to activate every offer . that's it

On 9/10/2022 at 11:34 PM, dante77 said:

How do these timesprime multiple subs in one sub packs work? They are cheap. Is there any catch? Do we have to use their app to watch a specific streaming service say Netflix? 

Let's say I buy from OTT play which is giving me 9 subscription which includes sony Liv and lionsgate play. Do I have to use OTT play app to watch Sony Liv? Or they give us coupon code? Or it's just a fancy scheme of sharing model? 

I have a times prime sub. No catch as such . you watch all ott content on the specific app, sony on sony's app , zee5 on zee's app.

you just have to download times prime app to activate every offer . that's it

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

PSA: Voot select users can transfer their subscription to jio cinema premium. I just did mine. I got this on my WhatsApp.

First of all why the hell were you subscribed to Voot in the first place? 

Secondly, JioCinema is the current title holder of "Worst streaming app". Have you ever seen any movie on JioCinema? On TV they don't have resume feature and obviously their UI is clunky and unreliable. You press back by mistake and you find yourself seeking through the entire movie to resume watching! It also has these yellow seek bars where it is supposed to blank out and show nothing for few seconds making you think something happened to your TV. 

I hope nothing comes to JioCinema ever as it makes watching unbearable! 

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

My Hotstar is expiring in 3 days. Any good offer to get some discount? Last year it was fine as it had HBO plus cricket but now that both are gone deal with bare minimum sports, it is not exactly that much worth! So 1.5k gonna hurt 

What are you watching on hotstar?

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

First of all why the hell were you subscribed to Voot in the first place? 

Secondly, JioCinema is the current title holder of "Worst streaming app". Have you ever seen any movie on JioCinema? On TV they don't have resume feature and obviously their UI is clunky and unreliable. You press back by mistake and you find yourself seeking through the entire movie to resume watching! It also has these yellow seek bars where it is supposed to blank out and show nothing for few seconds making you think something happened to your TV. 

I hope nothing comes to JioCinema ever as it makes watching unbearable! 

Voot had some retired cricketers tournament which was exclusive so I subscribed.

Jio cinema has entire HBO and Peacock content now with more being added.

UI seems fine for me on TV. Watched Vikram Vedha for a bit. But stopped watching because movie is absolutely pathetic.

25 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Nothing. This is my major issue. I don't think it is worth it which is why I don't wanna spend 1.5k on it. But a new movie could come to any of the streaming service so you never know. 

No F1 also to justify the cost

18 hours ago, dante77 said:

Nothing. This is my major issue. I don't think it is worth it which is why I don't wanna spend 1.5k on it. But a new movie could come to any of the streaming service so you never know. 

Hotstar isn't worth it now.

No IPL. 

No hbo stuff which was my primary reason for having it.

No F1.

Won't resub once it ends in Nov. For couple of shows or movies it comes on there there is the high seas option.