Official Nintendo Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, adity said:

I highly doubt it's 60 fps.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

30fps Doom is not Doom.

Also, Switch highest selling console in August NPD

https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/14/nintendo-switch-outsold-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-again-in-august/amp/

And this isn't even Mario month yet

Got one too! Nintendo virgin here, have no idea what I've gotten mysef into. :)  

Started with Zelda, my first ever Zelda game. Any suggestions on any quick pick up and ply fun games? Any good racing games? 

I like this portable thingy. I realised I wasn't getting any decent time to sit in front of the TV to play, and yet was playing more and more on my phone, specially while travelling. Hopefully the switch will keep me entertained.

Question: how do I change the a-b functionality? It's maddening.

The only thing I dislike so far is the absence of Bluetooth headset support. That's.. weird. 

Got the Nintendo Switch too, along with Zelda BoTW and Mario Kart 8. My first Zelda and Mario Kart game. Any tips for a newbie in both? Also, how do you get armor in Zelda? I've completed the Great Plateau section and all shrines only gave me weapons. I'm still stuck in the default armor I started the game with. Weapons have very low durability too it seems. All weapons (even shrine ones) break after some 4-5 foes. Any way to repair or preserve weapons?

Also it seems there is a secret Golf Game (NES Golf) built-in the Switch which was a tribute to Mr Iwata. This game it seems unlocks on July 11th with a "secret handshake" (which was Iwata's gesture in Nintendo Direct) 

Sourcehttps://kotaku.com/hackers-say-nintendo-swith-has-a-game-that-unlocks-on-1818587767

Edited by roun90

14 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Got the Nintendo Switch too, along with Zelda BoTW and Mario Kart 8. My first Zelda and Mario Kart game. Any tips for a newbie in both? Also, how do you get armor in Zelda? I've completed the Great Plateau section and all shrines only gave me weapons. I'm still stuck in the default armor I started the game with. Weapons have very low durability too it seems. All weapons (even shrine ones) break after some 4-5 foes. Any way to repair or preserve weapons?

Also it seems there is a secret Golf Game (NES Golf) built-in the Switch which was a tribute to Mr Iwata. This game it seems unlocks on July 11th with a "secret handshake" (which was Iwata's gesture in Nintendo Direct) 

Sourcehttps://kotaku.com/hackers-say-nintendo-swith-has-a-game-that-unlocks-on-1818587767

You should buy armor in shops in villages like Kakariko. You can also find armor in treasure chests but that happens rarely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Thank you; so armor sets from treasures are extremely limited then? Do armor sets have durability as well?

No, but they can be upgraded. If I say how it's a spoiler :)

Also, weapons are plentiful in the game. Don't worry about them breaking.

Edited by bowser

15 hours ago, achilles said:

Got one too! Nintendo virgin here, have no idea what I've gotten mysef into. :)  

Started with Zelda, my first ever Zelda game. Any suggestions on any quick pick up and ply fun games? Any good racing games? 

I like this portable thingy. I realised I wasn't getting any decent time to sit in front of the TV to play, and yet was playing more and more on my phone, specially while travelling. Hopefully the switch will keep me entertained.

Question: how do I change the a-b functionality? It's maddening.

The only thing I dislike so far is the absence of Bluetooth headset support. That's.. weird. 

Mario Kart 8 is insta-buy if you're looking for good pickup n play racing game. Also get Arms, loads of fun when playing with other people.

You can't change a-b functionality, it's been this way for nearly four decades. It's Sony who screwed the pooch in the west by reversing it. Don't let a Nintendo fanboy catch you asking about reversing a and b :P

You'll get used to it pretty quickly since it feels natural this way. At least you're switching between symbols on PS to letters on Nintendo. Think about people who constantly switch between Xbox and Nintendo :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Mario Kart 8 is insta-buy if you're looking for good pickup n play racing game. Also get Arms, loads of fun when playing with other people.

You can't change a-b functionality, it's been this way for nearly four decades. It's Sony who screwed the pooch in the west by reversing it. Don't let a Nintendo fanboy catch you asking about reversing a and b :P

You'll get used to it pretty quickly since it feels natural this way. At least you're switching between symbols on PS to letters on Nintendo. Think about people who constantly switch between Xbox and Nintendo :lol:

A little unsure about MK 8 because any kart racing games I've played like this one, I haven't enjoyed very much. 

I was was thinking about picking up Arms for the "couch fun with friends and fam" kinda thing but ended up picking 1-2 switch :doh: 

As for a-b, hmm. I'm just too used to the bottom button on the diamond being the action button, and the rightmost being back/drop/cancel. I remember even with 8-bit Mario, the lower button was jump, wasn it? It's too ingrained in my memory, and if I get used to this now, I could just all but pack my PlayStation. Anyway, in our text orientation of left to right, a comes before b and x comes before y. 

Zelda's keeping me busy so far. I'm about to reach this village. I find a few control issues with inventory management, and it gets frustrating if you combine it with the a-b I keep confusing. Heh. 

Also, I played Rayman Legends demo and that seems like a lot of fun. 

Any recommendations for a memory card? The 256 gig ones are kinda expensive.