The Last of Us : Part II

PS Fan

11 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Well, I don't care for agenda or sh*t like that when the game looks and plays so well! Dayum, this beats RdR 2! I know this is not open world but the AI and the animations more than make up for it! Neil Druckman is definitely an Auteur, up there among the best.

Plus,  I trust John Lineman more than any other reviewer out there.

What else do you expect at ND? they are the most talented studios out there, and the best among Sony's first party ones, they have all the technical skill needed to make game engines optimized for PS consoles, and also artistically also they have the best animators and 3D modelers, texture artists etc as we have seen from UC and TLOU.

Druckmann, Amy Henning etc just have an over arching manager role, it is their faceless underling devs and 3d artists etc that make you ooh and aah at UC and TLOU environments, animations, gameplay, lighting etc.

ND also is the same studio that made a proper SDK for the PS3's cell processor architecture, at the time when 3rd party devs were doing unending rand-rona about how the PS3 is "hard to program" for, and that was why they weren't porting their games over to it.

L Tlou is nothing like UC, I dont enjoy UC gameplay that much but TLOU gameplay is excellent and very different.. I will compare with good RE games but not UC or any fast paced action shooter as its very slow paced stealth focused action game.

You can fine tune the difficulty sliders to get it to play like Uncharted (minus the whip). Set resource scarcity to minimum, damage taken minimum while damage dealt max, mark every enemy on the map and then go mad with your unbreakable melee weapon.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Actually his twitter was full of, "yeah we knew this was going to be overrated" "thanks for saving me $60" etc so he said listen to other reviews before making your decision. 

The twitter has been incredibly toxic toward LoU2 since the leaks, and they all pooled around SkillUp's negative review tweet like a circlejerk. Probably found their safe space :lol: 

99% of them are incels that are salty cause they can't jerk off to hot lesbians. 

Apparently realistic looking people wearing normal clothes is a "political agenda".

3 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

99% of them are incels that are salty cause they can't jerk off to hot lesbians. 

Apparently realistic looking people wearing normal clothes is a "political agenda".

What? So people wanted sexy ladies doing sexy time in this game and are mad that they aren't getting it?

33 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

What? So people wanted sexy ladies doing sexy time in this game and are mad that they aren't getting it?

I know. Its shocking that lingerie and pillow fights are not a part of a post apocalyptic setting. That would have been non political and not having an agenda. 

Anything else though, SJW politics reeeeeeee.

I am not sure why every debate on internet ends up turning into a right vs. wrong debate. Everyone has the right to voice their personal opinion and every opinion should be respected even if you don't agree with it. I have observed comments where people are making fun of others for criticizing or applauding the game.  Like or dislike is always very subjective and it doesn't make you right or wrong.

24 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I am not sure why every debate on internet ends up turning into a right vs. wrong debate. Everyone has the right to voice their personal opinion and every opinion should be respected even if you don't agree with it. I have observed comments where people are making fun of others for criticizing or applauding the game.  Like or dislike is always very subjective and it doesn't make you right or wrong.

There's some sad homophobic stuff flung around by certain people (in addition to Ellie being lesbian). Once you guys finish the game you can visit the spoiler thread and see what was all that about.

More than le incels i think it is the xbox walas and $500 PC master race walas making all spicy comments against this game, they literally can't buy/play this anyway, so might as well sh*t on it.

Whatever political spectrum you are on, this game is the last technical and artistic( i don't mean the edgy story ofc :rofl: but other things, animations, AI, environment design etc ) master piece PS4 exclusive, coming from the very best Sony Studio, If you're a PS4 owner( with deep pockets for 4k price ) it is hard not to buy and play this game. 

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

I was weak and glanced till Joel and

Hide contents

bb

in the OP. Did I ruin it for myself? 

Well the reviewers said half of those spoilers are fake and other half are only tiny portion of the entire plot, so who know? The videos are obviously not fake, but whatever text excerpt 4chan extracted from it is mostly fanfiction. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

There's some sad homophobic stuff flung around by certain people (in addition to Ellie being lesbian). Once you guys finish the game you can visit the spoiler thread and see what was all that about.

I feel it is not fair to judge the game through the sexual orientation of characters. I have seen some of the leaks and discussions. However, a few critics have raised a interesting point regarding the irrational / inconsistent behavior (wrt previous game) of the characters to justify the vision of ND. I am not how true it is but I would be certainly disappointed if this is the case. I feel TLOU's game play was mediocre at best. I fell in love with the game due to its story, character and the overall journey. So, if it was a creative choice and vision of ND to change their behavior, I can respect it but I won't agree with it. Anyways, we will get to know more once the game comes out. I already have a lot of back log so not planning to play anytime soon.

Edited by TheMonark
Edits

7 hours ago, adity said:

Yup lot more tactical since you can't take a lot of damage and less bullets. Plus you also have so many tools like nailbomb, molotov, distracting items, bow and arrow and what not.

Yup. Its insta death if u get caught by those clickers unless you got Shiv ready 

But real pain in the a*s enemies are dogs based on previews i read. I wonder how aggressive they will be on Survivor coz i will go for platinum. I platinum last game as well.

Edited by WhiteWolf

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yup. Its insta death if u get caught by those clickers unless you got Shiv ready 

But real pain in the a*s enemies are dogs based on previews i read. I wonder how aggressive they will be on Survivor coz i will go for platinum. I platinum last game as well.

Ye praishchit hai kya xbot hone ke paap ka :rofl:

ND games hardest to plat because meme difficulty related trophies.

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ye praishchit hai kya xbot hone ke paap ka :rofl:

ND games hardest to plat because meme difficulty related trophies.

ND games are easy overall, just survivor in Tlou requires lot of patience and on top of it you have overly aggressive enemies which makes things bit more harder. 

My hardest platinum was Blood borne on PS.  Chalice dungeon bosses were ridiculous especially Abhorrent beast. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

They add the difficulty and it's trophies via updates later. 

Nah trophy list is already leaked and no difficulty trophies. They can't add trophies via patch unless its a DLC because it'll screw up disk only users who don't update.

• Thanks 1