PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 minute ago, adity said:

Managed to sell Tlou 2 for 2.6k on olx. Its such a pain though. Like 7 people discussed the location and everything and at the end they're like ill pay 1800. So annoying. Then this guy came along and he just bought it without any machmach. I gave him a discount without asking, lol. 

Should have just called up CEX and told them to pick from your place. They issue a 2.8k voucher or 2.4k cash. 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Cex is not open in Mumbai. It was the first thing I checked. Also they're giving 2k cash and 2.3 voucher. 

Even I thought they were closed but I was browsing my nearest store and they had 4+ copies of tlou 2 so I called them and they do home delivery even though the malls are closed (atleast the Ghatkopar one does).

I also got 2.8k for tlou 2 a couple days ago, must've reduced it. 

IMG-20200728-WA0011_1.jpg

38 minutes ago, adity said:

Managed to sell Tlou 2 for 2.6k on olx. Its such a pain though. Like 7 people discussed the location and everything and at the end they're like ill pay 1800. So annoying. Then this guy came along and he just bought it without any machmach. I gave him a discount without asking, lol. 

Yep. I've had similar experiences on OLX. Some people will initiate, do payment and pickup within few hours. Others will take a week to dilly-dallying. Uusally these are the people who will backout too. Guess they must be searching for better pricing .

How did you manage to sell during lockdown? Did you physically meet them?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

I think people lowball on Olx just for the heck of it, just to irritate or maybe they're just passing time window shopping...because they definitely don't want to buy the product. Even if one agrees to 10k for a brand new phone, they'll find some caveat not to buy.

17 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Try selling a mobile there, people will offer 8-10k for your iPhone over there. 

:D So true.

I bought MotoG long back, I needed a second phone so picked it up from online only sale for 12k.

But i found it slow for liking so I decided to sell it within a month. Guy came to my society, saw the phone and said "3k?"

I was like FOGUG.

And OLX is kind of platform where both buyer and seller can be frauds

I mean there is possibility  of a fraud buyer running into a fraud seller....

Edited by Right
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

How did you manage to sell during lockdown? Did you physically meet them?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

I think people lowball on Olx just for the heck of it, just to irritate or maybe they're just passing time window shopping...because they definitely don't want to buy the product. Even if one agrees to 10k for a brand new phone, they'll find some caveat not to buy.

6 minutes ago, Right said:

:D So true.

I bought MotoG long back, I needed a second phone so picked it up from online only sale for 12k.

But i found it slow for liking so I decided to sell it within a month. Guy came to my society, saw the phone and said "3k?"

I was like FOGUG.

And OLX is kind of platform where both buyer and seller can be frauds

I mean there is possibility  of a fraud buyer running into a fraud seller....

I guess for people here selling some item === "hehe, he's obviously desperate, lemme lowball to get it for an unrealistically cheap amount hehe"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Right said:

Guy came to my society, saw the phone and said "3k?"

I was like FOGUG.

Oh yea they do that too. Ask for low price at the very last step. Some guy asked me to make my GPU less by Rs 1k. (was selling for 15k)

I made it less :fear:

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Oh yea they do that too. Ask for low price at the very last step. Some guy asked me to make my GPU less by Rs 1k. (was selling for 15k)

I made it less :fear:

The lowballing in person is the most shittiest part.

You have taken time out to meet this guy,

he sees your item and makes faces like

how shitty choice you have made by buying this crap and that  he is doing you a favour by taking it off your hands

OR why do you need money.....

and then he makes that lowballing offer with a glee....

Aah I have seen that....

I so so wanted to slap that guy who wanted my phone for quarter the price I bought for, just a month before.

Edited by Right
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

The lowballing in person is the most shittiest part.

You have taken time out to meet this guy,

he sees your item and makes faces like

how shitty choice you have made by buying this crap and that  he is doing you a favour by taking it off your hands

OR why do you need money.....

and then he makes that lowballing offer with a glee....

Aah I have seen that....

I so so wanted to slap that guy who was wanted my phone for quarter the price I bought for, just a month ago.

Smartasses think this is all 4D Chess mind games they are playing with you, to lowball, but in reality it  just serves to piss you off and not want to sell to the character in the end :P

• Like 2

I prefer to have fun with lowballers but I can see how annoying it can be if you are really trying to get rid of something. Had some real interesting conversations with lowballers all the while laughing my a*s off while I'm sure they were too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Yeah @sshats offer 12000 and 13000 for ps4 pro. 

I sold a Samsung soundbar off OLX once.

The buyer came to my place, liked it and we agreed on the price too, he asked me if I could deliver it to his place.

After setting it up at his place, he paid me 1000 rs lesser than the price we had agreed on and said he had no more cash.

I got so pissed off that I flipped him off and walked out.

Edited by kmkaks

4 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

You showed the guy the middle in his own house!

Bravo!

Did he run behind you.....said sorry or anything?

But hes a smooth bastid really....he did this sh*t after you delivered it at his place.

Edited by Right

13 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

I sold a Samsung soundbar off OLX once.

The buyer came to my place, liked it and we agreed on the price too, he asked me if I could deliver it to his place.

After setting it up at his place, he paid me 1000 rs lesser than the price we had agreed on and said he had no more cash.

Typical OLX folks. 

Lesson for everyone: Nothing should leave your house without full payment. 

I think it should've been very easy problem to solve.

Like potential buyer should deposit quarter to full amount in OLX escrow. 

And based on Seller's feedback escrow is released back to buyer or there is deduction.

But like every ecom company OLX doesn't want Seller to be protected, only the buyers.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

I prefer to have fun with lowballers but I can see how annoying it can be if you are really trying to get rid of something. Had some real interesting conversations with lowballers all the while laughing my a*s off while I'm sure they were too. 

Didn't you post your story in the Lowball thread?

Don't remember it now, but that sh*t was funny lol