Jump to content

PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

Switch or Series S would be my suggestion. No need to go last gen for ps or xbox. It's painful.

 

23 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Got it. Thanks!

 

Also one last thing- xbox one or xbox one S? 

 

Yes, Series S also would be great and future proof but will cost u 10-12K more.. a pre-owned version is on gameloot for 30K

 

https://gameloot.in/shop/microsoft-xbox-series-s-pre-owned/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

 

Yes, Series S also would be great and future proof but will cost u 10-12K more.. a pre-owned version is on gameloot for 30K

 

https://gameloot.in/shop/microsoft-xbox-series-s-pre-owned/

It is available for 35K on some websites such as flipkart. 

 

Will it play gamepass wala battleground? Of course will make sure he gets scammed by ms as usual for 39 months. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Switch or Series S would be my suggestion. No need to go last gen for ps or xbox. It's painful.

 

This. @kaka_messi just get an XSS, scammed GP and lock your kid in the room for 36 months. You're all set. :P

 

Kidding aside, don't bother with old gen.

 

 

Edited by TRMNTR
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys for a 10 years old kid, who has only played games on phone, what would be better; Switch, xbox last gen or PS4? Need the best at the cheapest price. 

 

His only condition is it that should connect to TV which i believe is possible in all.

 

Don't give him Switch or Switch Lite unless you want him addicted to gaming 24/7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

Jim Ryan coming for Don Mattricks crown for most ridiculed executive.

Yeaaah, No.

 

Jim might run his mouth, but he won't get to Don's crown until his decisions cause halving of console sales and setting PS back by a generation.

For now, PS5 is Sony's fastest selling console (faster than 3 highest selling consoles ever - PS2/PS4/PS1) and despite the chip shortages. All while MS is lagging with a lil over half the number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Yeaaah, No.

 

Jim might run his mouth, but he won't get to Don's crown until his decisions cause halving of console sales and setting PS back by a generation.

For now, PS5 is Sony's fastest selling console (faster than 3 highest selling consoles ever - PS2/PS4/PS1) and despite the chip shortages. All while MS is lagging with a lil over half the number.

 

That setback was good for MS. 

 

They bounced back really well this gen.

 

But good sales despite questionable decisions means the trend will continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AnK said:

 

NXG has recorded average resolution as 1782p for SX & 1728p for PS5 

 

The Spanish channel coincides while also highlighting how reflections are much better on PS5 

Something Digital Foundry spoke nothing of. 


Pretty much the opposite is being noticed here with BF2042,

Slight higher average resolution on PS5 & better reflection on SX  

 

 

At this point it’s pretty much proven to be give & take nitpicks between the two consoles. 
 

It’s sad really for few of those who were harping all around the internet with the power advantage of SX over PS5 leading up to the launch. 
 

But it has been what it is since both came out & created the usual loyalist

heartbreak ? 

Edited by AnK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

That setback was good for MS. 

 

They bounced back really well this gen.

 

But good sales despite questionable decisions means the trend will continue.

No doubt the setback was good, less 'TV' and more 'games'.

 

But some miniscule questionable decisions are incomparable to the blunders of Don.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What exactly questionable decisions are we talking about?!?

 

The $10 charge to upgrade select few games?!?

Or his decision to turn GT7 into cross-gen after announcing next gen exclusivity?!?

 

 

These are not really questionable decisions from a business point of view. 
 

Specially when there is no one in the market who is ready with the risk of true next gen exclusives & some are charging full MRP for next gen ports with no upgrade path. 
 

& Playstation as a platform has like top 7 rated out of 10 titles with next gen versions exclusively.


If not opening his locker¬†of freebies like the competition (only to be labelled as a ‚Äúbounce back‚ÄĚ)¬†is being considered a questionable decision then I really pity on the sense & sensibility of some of the fanboys who think that businesses are a joke where one should follow a path just cos the other see‚Äôs potential in some futuristic event yet to take place.¬†

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

What exactly questionable decisions are we talking about?!?

 

The $10 charge to upgrade select few games?!?

Or his decision to turn GT7 into cross-gen after announcing next gen exclusivity?!?

 

 

These are not really questionable decisions from a business point of view. 
 

Specially when there is no one in the market who is ready with the risk of true next gen exclusives & some are charging full MRP for next gen ports with no upgrade path. 
 

& Playstation as a platform has like top 7 rated out of 10 titles with next gen versions exclusively.


If not opening his locker¬†of freebies like the competition (only to be labelled as a ‚Äúbounce back‚ÄĚ)¬†is being considered a questionable decision then I really pity on the sense & sensibility of some of the fanboys who think that businesses are a joke where one should follow a path just cos the other see‚Äôs potential in some futuristic event yet to take place.¬†

 

Most of the upgrades re-releases are selling well. So, it doesn't matter what select few on the internet spout. System is selling well, games are selling well, and they are being praised. That is the whole crux of the situation

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

No doubt the setback was good, less 'TV' and more 'games'.

 

But some miniscule questionable decisions are incomparable to the blunders of Don.

 

These are his views on backwards compatibility.

 

"That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

 

https://www.vg247.com/why-would-anybody-play-this-says-sonys-jim-ryan-about-backwards-compatibility

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

 

These are his views on backwards compatibility.

 

"That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

 

https://www.vg247.com/why-would-anybody-play-this-says-sonys-jim-ryan-about-backwards-compatibility

 

 

His views doesn't matter. PS4 didn't have BC and no surprise he said that to downplay the requirement for it. PS5 has full-fledged BC. Executives are known to downplay stuff their product don't have, nothing new. 

Edited by Sach4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

 

His views doesn't matter. PS4 didn't have BC and no surprise he said that to downplay the requirement for it. PS5 has full-fledged BC. Executives are known to downplay stuff their product doesn't have, nothing new. 

 

If your system doesn't have it, just insult the feature. 

 

Sounds genius. 

 

By the way, PS3 and Vita card payments to be discontinued as well. 

 

https://www.techspot.com/news/91588-sony-removing-payment-options-ps3-vita-stores-month.html

Edited by Vaibhavp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

 

If your system doesn't have it, just insult the feature. 

 

Sounds genius. 

 

By the way

 

https://www.techspot.com/news/91588-sony-removing-payment-options-ps3-vita-stores-month.html

 

It doesn't matter what dumb thing he says. It would have mattered if PS5 wasn't BC. As long as his 'dumb statements' don't reflect in the product quality and success, its nothing more than fodder for fanboys for this thread/topic.

 

Makes sense, considering they are in the process of closing both the stores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

Also, saying BC isn't used much or people don't use it as much as it would seem is not an insult. Its a fact, after first two years of a console gen has passed. When he said that, we were already 4-5 years past PS4's launch.

 

That also means you loose access to classics like Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, Chrono Trigger etc.

 

I am really itching for a Contra like game these days. Planning to install  Hard Corps: Uprising.

 

One doesn't play retro games all the time. But option should be there. I haven't played Castlevania SOTN yet. I can do that with BC when mood strikes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vaibhavp said:

 

That also means you loose access to classics like Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, Chrono Trigger etc.

 

I am really itching for a Contra like game these days. Planning to install  Hard Corps: Uprising.

 

One doesn't play retro games all the time. But option should be there. I haven't played Castlevania SOTN yet. I can do that with BC when mood strikes.

 

I never said that BC and specifically preservation of old games isn't important and necessary. I was merely pointing how, in the grand scheme of things, once 2-3 years have passed, BC isn't as important as people would like to believe. It wasn't for PS3 (when it had BC and was removed in revisions) and Wii U and had no bearing on the success of PS4 and Switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...