PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

9 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

starfield and forza motorsport will easily score higher than horizon west and gt7 too. 

:rofl: confident about games which we know nothing of, leaving few concept arts, and are supposed to launch this year. 

Did stevivor visit you in your dreams and reveal their ratings? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horizon fw and gf7- present tense. We know what they are 

Games like Starfield, forza motorsports etc- pure imagination. We have 0 idea what they are and will be. Yet some are getting hyped up. 

Maybe an image shared by knackchap on this thread a couple of weeks ago fits perfectly for them...

Edited by radicaldude

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Are you new to gaming? 

xbox just released forza and halo with glowing reviews 2 months ago. Before that there was psychonauts ,flight simulator etc.

starfield and forza motorsport will easily score higher than horizon west and gt7 too. 

Been a gamer for years. Bought a Xbox 360 first before PS3 as it had an advantage in both quality and quantity of games. 

I am more interested in story based games like Gears and Halo so sports and simulator games are out for me. As of now, I am still holding out on a Series X because there is only one available game for me i.e Halo Infinite. People are jumping to conclusions about Starfield review ratings

11 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Horizon fw and gf7- present tense. We know what they are 

Games like Starfield, forza motorsports etc- pure imagination. We have 0 idea what they are and will be. Yet some are getting hyped up. 

Not to be pedantic, but doesn't that mean all of your views on any PS5 games are pure imagination/speculation since you haven't played any?

Most of the game purchases we do is based on reviews, which are subjective opinions of the reviewers. Why get butt hurt over a one-off mediocre review. People are entitled opinion, I have a few friends who only play Fifa, if they sit down to play anything else, they won't enjoy it and would say the game is bad. I align my game purchases based on previous experiences from the dev/publisher and reviews from sources I trust.

The ponies and TLOU2 reviews meme definitely has some truth to it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Been a gamer for years. Bought a Xbox 360 first before PS3 as it had an advantage in both quality and quantity of games. 

I am more interested in story based games like Gears and Halo so sports and simulator games are out for me. As of now, I am still holding out on a Series X because there is only one available game for me i.e Halo Infinite. People are jumping to conclusions about Starfield review ratings

Psychonauts 2, Ori from top of my head. Am sure there are more.

13 minutes ago, psinide said:

Not to be pedantic, but doesn't that mean all of your views on any PS5 games are pure imagination/speculation since you haven't played any?

Your notion that I don't have access to a ps5/ i don't play ps5 games is a figment of your imagination as well which has no touch with reality. That's all I have got to say on this topic. 

14 minutes ago, psinide said:

Most of the game purchases we do is based on reviews, which are subjective opinions of the reviewers. People are entitled opinion, I have a few friends who only play Fifa, 

What about games which dont even have a working trailer? Games like Starfield. Did you even read what I was reverting to? 

@triggr happy ss is of the opinion that Starfield would blow other games out of the water. A game which doesn't even have a proper in-game non cgi trailer. 

If this is not a hallucination at this point, i don't know what is. 

27 minutes ago, psinide said:

Most of the game purchases we do is based on reviews, which are subjective opinions of the reviewers. Why get butt hurt over a one-off mediocre review. People are entitled opinion, I have a few friends who only play Fifa, if they sit down to play anything else, they won't enjoy it and would say the game is bad. I align my game purchases based on previous experiences from the dev/publisher and reviews from sources I trust.

Ye sabh chod. When are you joining us for Halo next. @Assassins Creedis waiting. The commentary is better utilised on him :slugshoot:

• Sad 1

Your notion that I don't have access to a ps5/ i don't play ps5 games is a figment of your imagination as well which has no touch with reality. That's all I have got to say on this topic. 

You don't own a PS5, hence you have none, or irrelevant access to the PS5 games. Its a straightforward flow of thought. Spending a few hours on a console is different compared actually owning it and playing it continuously. Have you finished any game on the PS5? If anyone only played the first few hours of H:ZD, they would find the game extremely slow. The game opens up after you get to the desert. Hence their opinion on the game is limited and should be taken with a bucket load of salt.

What about games which dont even have a working trailer? Games like Starfield. Did you even read what I was reverting to? 

@triggr happy ss is of the opinion that Starfield would blow other games out of the water. A game which doesn't even have a proper in-game non cgi trailer. 

If this is not a hallucination at this point, i don't know what is. 

That is his opinion, which has been formed based on whatever material has been released so far, and may be his experience with the dev/publisher. An opinion he's entitled to, just like I thought Anthem was going to the next based thing after sliced read - since I played the demo/beta and trusted Bioware. Heck, I fast tracked my XSX purchase because I wanted to play Cyberpunk. I was harping on about these games to everyone I know, only to eat sh!t later. If that happens with Starfield, @triggr happy ss will eat sh!t later. 

14 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Ye sabh chod. When are you joining us for Halo next. @Assassins Creedis waiting. The commentary is better utilised on him :slugshoot:

Yaar, I can't do late nights cos of work. I can come on around 10ish tonight if all are game. 

But got treated as one, by spender. 

No physical release...no marketing...nothing. 

Do you have evidence that MS had a hand to play on the no physical release? AFAIK, the devs had promised physicals copies to their backers, and they received them. The 'carrot' of backers getting physical copies would have been moot if they released the game. They haven't ruled out the possibility of a physical release later.

4 minutes ago, psinide said:

You don't own a PS5, hence you have none, or irrelevant access to the PS5 games. Its a straightforward flow of thought. Spending a few hours on a console is different compared actually owning it and playing it continuously. 

@triggr happy ss

God damn! You need to visit a shrink asap. You are clearly suffering from mental constipation and verbal diahorrea. 

I have already made by stance clear several times before (regarding this topic). I'm not obligated to show you (or anyone from your camp) receipts of me owning the system, hence just for the sake of your comprehension (which seems to be extremely slow), let me repeat it again. I have access to and have played the marquee games on the ps5 system. 

Now how you make peace with the fact, i leave it to you. 

But please kindly don't bore me by quoting me first out of the blue and repeating the same thing over and over again. 

11 minutes ago, psinide said:

That is his opinion, which has been formed based on whatever material has been released so far, and may be his experience with the dev/publisher. An opinion he's entitled to, just like I thought Anthem was going to the next based thing after sliced read - since I played the demo/beta and trusted Bioware. Heck, I fast tracked my XSX purchase because I wanted to play Cyberpunk. I was harping on about these games to everyone I know, only to eat sh!t later. If that happens with Starfield, @triggr happy ss will eat sh!t later. 

He's entitled to put his opinion, so am I. My opinion (rather a fact at this moment) is that we know nothing, zero, zilch about Starfield. Hence making it a benchmark to compare other titles is nothing but giving in to hallucinations. 

11 minutes ago, psinide said:

Do you have evidence that MS had a hand to play on the no physical release? AFAIK, the devs had promised physicals copies to their backers, and they received them. The 'carrot' of backers getting physical copies would have been moot if they released the game. They haven't ruled out the possibility of a physical release later.

Just like other / most "indie" games which get a physical launch later. Games like kena, Sifu et al. Hence i said what I said. 

Just like other / most "indie" games which get a physical launch later. Games like kena, Sifu et al. Hence i said what I said. 

what are you talking about? Indie developers are independent… double fine is MS first party! 
hope that clears it for you..

• Haha 2