Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Saw Hanu-man on Jio cinema. Still 10/10 on TV in 4K. Extremely fun and entertaining movie. Very good pacing. Not a dull moment. Last sequence is goosebumps inducing. Special effects are also pretty good considering the budget. Best superhero movie from India. Everyone must watch.

saw Bramayugam, it's slow, and the part where the fkr sings is cringeworthy (in Hindi, but the songs do have meaning innit, should've kept the singing short tho) other than that, MY GAWD! what a movie, right up there with Tumbbad :good: fab acting man, specially the villain, attention to details in every shot, to show the intensity of a burning coal presented in black and white, plus many other such details, beautifully shot (yup, it's BnW but still beautiful) 

a solid 8/10 :happydance:

2 hours ago, Pushy said:

saw Bramayugam, it's slow, and the part where the fkr sings is cringeworthy (in Hindi, but the songs do have meaning innit, should've kept the singing short tho) other than that, MY GAWD! what a movie, right up there with Tumbbad :good: fab acting man, specially the villain, attention to details in every shot, to show the intensity of a burning coal presented in black and white, plus many other such details, beautifully shot (yup, it's BnW but still beautiful) 

a solid 8/10 :happydance:

I watched in the original language with subs sometime back, it’s indeed a very good movie.  I didn’t like the ending so much though.  I felt Tumbadd had a more satisfactory conclusion.

Also if by villain, you meant mammotty , I thought he was the lead, brilliant performance from him !!

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

I watched in the original language with subs sometime back, it’s indeed a very good movie.  I didn’t like the ending so much though.  I felt Tumbadd had a more satisfactory conclusion.

Also if by villain, you meant mammotty , I thought he was the lead, brilliant performance from him !!

i thought he be villian, capturing houses n monsters! that old guy who drinks too much, that one right? f! need to rewatch. 

In Hindi, the scene, where that old man shouts at chef about why there ain't no food no more for him to eat, that dubbing seemed sh!t to me in Hindi.

45 minutes ago, Pushy said:

i thought he be villian, capturing houses n monsters! that old guy who drinks too much, that one right? f! need to rewatch. 

In Hindi, the scene, where that old man shouts at chef about why there ain't no food no more for him to eat, that dubbing seemed sh!t to me in Hindi.

I forgot the name of the character, yeah the old man/ owner of the house is Mammooty, he has lot of makeup on, even I found difficult to recognise him initially ! 

Come to think of it, I think I didn’t watch in the original language either, I think I watched in Kannada and the voice dubbing was quite good.  

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 1

Saw fighter on Netflix last week.  I felt the sfx was pretty good and some of the stunts - esp the aerial dogfights were choreographed quite well.  I think the movie could’ve been better with a lesser run time and lesser melodrama.  Overall I found it better than the Pathan/tiger movies.

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Saw fighter on Netflix last week.  I felt the sfx was pretty good and some of the stunts - esp the aerial dogfights were choreographed quite well.  I think the movie could’ve been better with a lesser run time and lesser melodrama.  Overall I found it better than the Pathan/tiger movies.

VFX was pretty good. Too much time spent on slo-mo characterization of Hrithik etc. Anil Kapoor is still the boss (and kinda still in Animal role). Dialogues between friends were....cringe. 

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

VFX was pretty good. Too much time spent on slo-mo characterization of Hrithik etc. Anil Kapoor is still the boss (and kinda still in Animal role). Dialogues between friends were....cringe. 

Also, I felt Deepika’s backstory was completely unnecessary. 

Saw Shaitaan, been a while since I've seen Maddy, and he done a good 1 here, but the movie in its entirety is lackluster in horror, i mean it's ok, could have been much since they had a very interesting topic at hand and could've been presented in a much more wilder way, this is like not even 1/10th of the potential of what could've been shown(just see hereditary or was it pet cemetary? ) .

Ajay devgan had the budget, had a veteran to portray villain, still failed. 

People say till intermission its good and then falls flat, i say, it isn't good, its mediocre till interval and then bottoms out. I was hyped for this 1, but it fell flat on me :samui:

4/10 (3 for movie, 1 for Maddy)

10 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Kong Godzilla at interval - pacing and action are superb 👌 

I liked the kong vs Godzilla Better. This is good to but felt too many elements at play!

Also guys don't sleep on MADGAON EXPRESS ABSOLUTE BANGER OF A MOVIE. Haven't had a comedy movie this good since fhir Hera pheri 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:45 PM, rushab oswal said:

I liked the kong vs Godzilla Better. This is good to but felt too many elements at play!

Also guys don't sleep on MADGAON EXPRESS ABSOLUTE BANGER OF A MOVIE. Haven't had a comedy movie this good since fhir Hera pheri 

Bit overrated. Yes its good, but not a laugh riot.  Godzilla x King Kong was okay. Humor fell completely flat. 

On 3/30/2024 at 1:25 PM, Pushy said:

Saw Shaitaan, been a while since I've seen Maddy, and he done a good 1 here, but the movie in its entirety is lackluster in horror, i mean it's ok, could have been much since they had a very interesting topic at hand and could've been presented in a much more wilder way, this is like not even 1/10th of the potential of what could've been shown(just see hereditary or was it pet cemetary? ) .

Ajay devgan had the budget, had a veteran to portray villain, still failed. 

People say till intermission its good and then falls flat, i say, it isn't good, its mediocre till interval and then bottoms out. I was hyped for this 1, but it fell flat on me :samui:

4/10 (3 for movie, 1 for Maddy)

First half was good but it sh*t the bed in second half. Just became generic black magic movie. 

• Like 1