Coronavirus

hope

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Once countrywide testing opens up in large quantities, the jump in infected cases will make Italy blush. That 200 number is incredibly deceptive.

Couldn't agree more. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I need to got to the mandi tomorrow to buy tomato :p

A handkerchief on the face would be enough to save me and handwash when I recah home after an hour ?

I have been buying from a standalone vendor, avoid bheed totally bro. 

50 minutes ago, hope said:

I have been buying from a standalone vendor, avoid bheed totally bro. 

The vendor beside me sells stale Vegetables at inflated prices.

This might go on for a month at least I think, but since the news of nearby people being infected has been growing I am hesitant now, although I am of the type if it happens it will happen but need to suppress that, don't know.

Wednesday I did go to the mutton market and it was entirely empty due to the corona fear but vegetable market did have plenty of people.

Travelled 110 km on cycle as well yesterday which isn't bad as thought there would not be any contact but ended up having contact with a dentist on the way with a selfie.

(Worth a concern as doctors are most at risk)

Edited by GunnerY2J

55 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I need to got to the mandi tomorrow to buy tomato :p

A handkerchief on the face would be enough to save me and handwash when I recah home after an hour ?

What will the handkerchief do?

22 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

The same what a mask does ?

But can you make sure that handkerchief will make as good of a seal? Why take the risk?

Just go to some hospital chemist near you and get N95 mask for decent price.

35 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Schools and colleges are closed till 31st March in Delhi (and other parts of India).

With the way this is heading, we expecting an extension? 

Yes, contingency plans being set up in my college in form of an online live teaching portal.

Classes suspended indefinitely in IIT Hyderabad and Guwahati.

But hope that it situation recovers, this downtime will have an impact on all students especially the ones who were graduating with their degrees.

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

But can you make sure that handkerchief will make as good of a seal? Why take the risk?

Just go to some hospital chemist near you and get N95 mask for decent price.

Yes, I wasn't sure but assumed they do the same job.

Can the mask be used multiple times ? 

And what is their price (below 100-150 ?)

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, I wasn't sure but assumed they do the same job.

Can the mask be used multiple times ? 

And what is their price (below 100-150 ?)

There are many masks available.

Generally you will get the ones which don't have a respirator built in (respirator is not really necessary) and they suggest to change it after a week, although you can wash it with water and alcohol based solution. The doctor told me I could wash it until it doesn't start breaking down.

In my area, hospital chemists have non respirator ones for 200 and respirator ones for 250. Private chemists selling for 300-500.

You can get one which is designed for being reusable but costs a bit more, 600-700 or so. 

But please, do get a mask and not think about the price, even 200 will last you good time if yoy don't step out much. Your health comes first.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Handkerchief is basically useless from what i have been reading. Get your self n95/n99 mask and gloves to go with. And don’t touch your face frequently. 

Others might be able to guide you better.

N95 is basically a triple layered handkerchief with standards for thickness and criss cross of threads.

But for making one out of your own will take much more effort each time you go out.

Handkerchief is better than not covering your mouth at all. There are two main ways virus transmits. One is in the form of cough and sneeze droplets (which the handkerchief can stop) and the other is tiny virus particles (aerosols). These can penetrate normal masks or even hankies so you will need N95 mask to stop them. Handkerchief is fine for the most part as majority of transmission is through droplets.

Also, virus can enter the body through your eyes so eye cover is essential for full protection. 

• Like 1