Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

6 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Reheating pizza in microwave just straight up destroys the crust. It becomes all moist and loses its shape.

I still do it, cuz its hella convenient, but placing it on a pan and closing with some sort of lid should do the trick. 

this

Microwaves work by targeting the most volatile item which usually is moisture in the food.

When you place a pizza, all of the waves are absorbed by the moisture inside the pizza sauce, toppings and crust. That water quickly vaporizes and can either heat the toppings or can heat the crust. Most of the time, this steam is absorbed by the crust and hence it gets soggy.

By placing a mug of water, microwaves don't target the pizza directly. It does absorb microwaves but at a much slower rate.

While the water in the mug is quickly heating up and that is the heat which ends up heating the pizza.

This process happens before that comparatively larger mass of water (the mug) boils and starts turning to steam.

And hence, no soggy pizza.

That's the easy explanation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

keeping a glass of water with pizza helps with microwaving it ? interesting .... also, do share good recipe for homemade burgers if you've any .... i'm veggie so , only veg burgers .... :P

Make a mixture of boiled potatos. Be creative with the ingredients. 

Roast and properly dry some bread on tawa on low flame and grind it in a mixer. 

Make tikkis out of your potato mixture and cover it with the bread crumbs.

Shallow fry the tikkis golden brown. If you deep fry then ensure that the oil is super hot otherwise your tikkis will break if the oil is not hot enough.

Tandoori sauce from wingreens goes best with this type of veg burger. Put a tablespoon of it on the bun.

Put a slice of onion and tomato and half a cheese slice. 

Use English Oven burger buns if they are available near your place. They supply burger buns to Mc Donalds. 

Long story short.

Sauces are the soul of burgers. You find the right one and you will never eat a burger from outside. In my case it is the tandoori sauce from wingreens. 

Can't believe that pre covid it used to be on 50% discount all the time. now I hardly find it anywhere.

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Make a mixture of boiled potatos. Be creative with the ingredients. 

Roast and properly dry some bread on tawa on low flame and grind it in a mixer. 

Make tikkis out of your potato mixture and cover it with the bread crumbs.

Shallow fry the tikkis golden brown. If you deep fry then ensure that the oil is super hot otherwise your tikkis will break if the oil is not hot enough.

Tandoori sauce from wingreens goes best with this type of veg burger. Put a tablespoon of it on the bun.

Put a slice of onion and tomato and half a cheese slice. 

Use English Oven burger buns if they are available near your place. They supply burger buns to Mc Donalds. 

Long story short.

Sauces are the soul of burgers. You find the right one and you will never eat a burger from outside. In my case it is the tandoori sauce from wingreens. 

Can't believe that pre covid it used to be on 50% discount all the time. now I hardly find it anywhere.

Their peri-peri is also gold. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Animus said:

Ok, so this week was interesting.

Had unlimited home made pani puri after a long time (but bhaiya wala maza nahi aaya :P, none the less, I am no longer craving for pani puri)

IMG-20201009-WA0009.jpg

Whole cooked chicken

IMG20201016144911.jpg
IMG20201016132155.jpg

And finally Methi Tuna with lots of salad

IMG20201017150004.jpg
IMG20201017123931.jpg
IMG20201017123921.jpg
IMG20201017130325.jpg

The whole chicken looks great.

Humari to navratri shuru ho gayi :|

On 10/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, Ne0 said:

So anybody tried ordering good from Domino's/pizza hut in blr ? I'm really tempted to order online, but still scared a little.  How's been your experience of you ordered online ? What precautions to take ?

I ordered Dominos pizza and Mcd burgers (non veg) few times last month.

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Mutter paneer, got too spicy.

If it doesn't finish in lunch, would go buy some chicken for myself and add it into it so it balances.

edit : was finished, was liked very much by other.39a883d33c4e5bb1e397db97ff85897f.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

#1 You should shallow fry paneer cubes for perfect Mutter Paneer.

#2 Bit roo yellow and curry-ish for my liking. It should be more Red and dry-ish.

Will share pics when I make it next time.

Sri Krishna sweets in Pune makes heavenly Mutter Paneer. I never had Thar taste anywhere in India.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:52 PM, AtheK said:

Chicken reshmi masala cooked yesterday, just before navratri starts.

c2f91748d535933c35815d267ddf60c4.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Hot Damn!

I turned vegetarian in last year in March.

But man, I get serious chicken cravings.

This is like wow!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:27 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Pizza se yaad aaya that we had pizza today:

8bLrQzP.jpg

Used Wingreens Peri Peri dip as pizza sauce, along with garlic butter. Yum. 

Edit: Dlecta cheese >>>>>>>> Amul cheese. 

I will try this cheese next time.

Recently used Britannia’s Chizza, wasn’t half good as Amul’s.