Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

STICK3Rboy

34 minutes ago, roun90 said:

What processor are you using? Ubisoft has history of putting a lot of the load on the CPU instead of GPU. The guy is using i7 7700K which is a fast CPU. If your CPU is crap or mid-range, you will get poor frames, even if you are using a powerful GPU. 

Ryzen 3700X. Game is barely using 35% of it. If you  see the next post about DSOgaming, you'll realize that the number by reviewer is actually faulty. DSO conducted benchmarks and they averaged about the same as my system.

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think Ezio trilogy was the only period when AC as a franchise had any meaning to it 

AC1 & AC3 just because it was tied in with the Ezio/Desmond story arc 

BlackFlag onwards this series has no meaning to it 

just going on & on coz they have an engine & design that ppl are used to & will keep coming back just like CoD 

really this series is for brain dead ppl who have nothing better to do or don’t have patience to adapt to new game designs like Witcher,Horizon or other open world RPG’s 

Cmon dude. Its fine if it is not your cup of team but there is no need for such statements and generalizations. There are many people on this forum who liked previous two AC games and they might like this one as well. 

new game designs like Witcher,Horizon or other open world RPG’s 

None of those games have anything "new" or better than AC games. 

They are all more of the same with some changes in combat/story. Witcher 3 open world is garbage and filled with clutter worse than Ubisoft games. The combat is also mediocre at best. People overlook at the game because it has other parts which shine so much better than AC games do (characters and story). 

AC just has way bigger world/map than HZD/Witcher. Valhalla isn't cluttered like previous games nor feels like a checklist. People who have played it are very happy with it so far. 

it’s for ppl who have too much time & keep coming back for more of the same 

How is that a bad thing? People who like the game getting more value for their money. People who don't like it, will play once and done or not buy. 

I don't play AC games for story, I leave that part to other games :D What Ubisoft lacks in story, they make up for it with their incredible research and world building. I use AC as a way of virtual tourism to see the distant places of the past. You just have to appreciate the level of detail they put into it. Specially in these pandemic days where not a lot of travel is possible, AC atleast gives you some virtual time out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AnK said:

I think Ezio trilogy was the only period when AC as a franchise had any meaning to it 

AC1 & AC3 just because it was tied in with the Ezio/Desmond story arc 

BlackFlag onwards this series has no meaning to it 

just going on & on coz they have an engine & design that ppl are used to & will keep coming back just like CoD 

really this series is for brain dead ppl who have nothing better to do or don’t have patience to adapt to new game designs like Witcher,Horizon or other open world RPG’s 

I like AC games and trust me, I am not brain dead :lol:  I agree that its not AC anymore and is another RPG with mythical elements but these games are really fun atleast to me.

@OT, downloading it. Have to make some time to start it though. 

Just now, AnK said:

I am only talking about the Story elements of the games going beyond AC3 

It was a kick a*s Sci-fi adventure till then & suddenly it went lame over stretching it & then boom 

in comes Gods,Goddesses & Magic

4d3c8b502289e65d46316bc608c3a2e0.gif

Yeah, i don't know why they still keep around the animus stuff. Its a horrible distraction and I hate it. However I enjoyed Odyssey even with all the level gating and what not. 

I wish Ubisoft diverge a bit from Assassins Creed and make a RPG withtout AC branding. Then they can jump deep into Magic and gods stuff. Animus in AC is holding them back. They can't explain it if they jump too deep into magic. So all they can do is to just touch upon those topics at surface level. 

6 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

I wish Ubisoft diverge a bit from Assassins Creed and make a RPG withtout AC branding. Then they can jump deep into Magic and gods stuff. Animus in AC is holding them back. They can't explain it if they jump too deep into magic. So all they can do is to just touch upon those topics at surface level. 

I think that's what they're trying to do with Immortals.

UBISOFT’S ASSASSIN’S CREED VALHALLA DELIVERS MASSIVE DAY ONE PLAYER ENGAGEMENT

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Doubles Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Players on Launch Day

“We are humbled by the reception from the players and extremely proud of what our teams have accomplished with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which builds on the amazing success of its predecessors,” said Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft co-founder and CEO. “In the context of COVID-19, shipping Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on no less than seven platforms is an incredible achievement for all of the teams involved around the world. We are excited to greet players on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with a game that unleashes the power of the new hardware. This paves the way for an exciting holiday, with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla set to be one of this season’s biggest hits.” 

The successful launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla once again demonstrates Ubisoft’s achievement in continuing to drive the franchise forward. Since Assassin’s Creed Origins, Ubisoft set to reinvent the Assassin’s Creed experience starting with fight and player progression in Assassin’s Creed Origins and a brand-new take on narrative choice in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla builds on these two games to offer the ultimate Assassin’s Creed experience, one that will delight both longtime fans and newcomers to the franchise.

On 11/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, dylanjosh said:

I spent 20 odd hours in Odyssey and felt the same. I am never buying an AC game till they reinvent the formula. I just feel like throwing up when they show gameplay where the player shoots the bird in the air to scan the area or climbs a tower to synchronise. f**k that sh*t. Enough is enough.