The Playstation 5 thread

30 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think future of gaming is via streaming 

so Sony needs to ramp up to be able to complete with Megatons like Amazon,M$ & Google 

I think Playstation 6 won’t be a reality 

This line of thought is what is causing the current :dance: Craigfinite and Halol :dance: on the green side

19 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Streaming is definitely the future 5-10 years down the line. Subscription is not, atleast for big ticket AAA titles. 

Sure is. I tried Nvidia Geforce on my Nvidia shield during free trials, it had huge input lag (mainly because no servers here) but the game looked better than than it looed onmy mid range gaming pc pc ?

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Streaming is definitely the future 5-10 years down the line. Subscription is not, atleast for big ticket AAA titles. 

Subscription w streaming can be viable if they charge some big bucks amount, like $60

current game streaming all is only for increasing install base, not actually making paisa

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Subscription w streaming can be viable if they charge some big bucks amount, like $60

current game streaming all is only for increasing install base, not actually making paisa

A multi tier subscription service or maybe pay to play model like google

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

A multi tier subscription service or maybe pay to play model like google

Yes, like if you play $10 you get the potato indie bhindi games and old games, if you pay full $60 you get all the latest and greatest AAA games

41 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You already got subs for EA and Ubi that includes everything day one, they're just smart enough to not put them on consoles because they know where the big bucks come from.

Seems like gaming will be like netflix/prime too. Subscribe to your favourite publisher's and play what they offer . And honestly it's going to be costlier than traditional gaming

48 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Is it true that Geforce Now allowed players to play any Steam games u owned through streaming but devs didnt like it and they pulled out of it ?

That's what I've read. I don't think it was the devs who pulled out but rather publishers (atleast for AAA). 

Check this: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-controversy-over-geforce-now-explained/#:~:text=Those things are still true,include the game at all.

Edited by l33tmaniac

26 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

That's what I've read. I don't think it was the devs who pulled out but rather publishers (atleast for AAA). 

Check this: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-controversy-over-geforce-now-explained/#:~:text=Those things are still true,include the game at all.

And we all know why the games were being pulled right? :D

1 hour ago, Walker said:

And we all know why the games were being pulled right? :D

Of course ? But its definitely not because of Gamepass. Only Sony is involved in anti consumer practices. MS? Pfft. No way.

Devs have no say once the game is completed. Publishers make all the choices.

nVidia lost publishers because they didn't get permission and allowed people to stream Steam games directly. 

Some of them have returned and some haven't. 

We may see larger publishers like Activision or Capcom, which pulled its games in December, trying to work out deals where they receive a chunk of the $5 per month Nvidia charges founders, or otherwise change the terms of the deal because GFN is no longer a free beta.

My biggest concern is the pricing of new games. Though it remains unchanged since PS3 gen for the US market at $60 and may continue next gen for some developers. But for India, it has jumped from 2.5k to 4K thanks to the weakening rupee. Any higher and demand will fall even further. 

Subscription and Gamepass may get more popular in India to get access to the latest games. 

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

My biggest concern is the pricing of new games. Though it remains unchanged since PS3 gen for the US market at $60 and may continue next gen for some developers. But for India, it has jumped from 2.5k to 4K thanks to the weakening rupee. Any higher and demand will fall even further. 

Subscription and Gamepass may get more popular in India to get access to the latest games. 

Your concern is valid, games have indeed become very expensive., especially in this generation. Buying used, reselling, sharing digital with close friends are the only options.

Gamepass has long way to go, library is not very strong.

19 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

If it jumps 70$ it will easily be 4500-5000 here which is Waaaaay too expensive. Only thing you can do is buy-play-sell. 

16 hours ago, Right said:

Gamepass has long way to go, library is not very strong.

Playstation should come something similar to gamepass with day 1 one access to all games. that might be something.

18 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Playstation should come something similar to gamepass with day 1 one access to all games. that might be something.

Unlikely, they will lose a lot of money because they have too many first-party titles, which sell quite well.

If they do equivalent of Gamepass, that will be mic-drop moment in gaming.

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Oh they have sh*t-tons of money but they're using it to money-hat 

maybe for plebs like us, in big company contexts sony is middle class.

Money hat is to get the early gen advantage, to make it harder for MS to fight back.

Having a GP like Langar of games for $1 needs lots of money, like Ambani or MS type money, no way Sony will do that.