The Playstation 5 thread

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

PS4 Pro also has 4K HDR UI.

PS4 Pro UI was 4K, but not HDR. There was signal switching while starting an HDR enabled game, my screen would go blank for a moment at the start with Ni No Kuni 2 and Tomb Raider Shadow.

Edited by gecko89

3 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Was it native 4K?

Yeah native 4K. It has additional 1GB memory just for UI.

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

PS4 Pro UI was 4K, but not HDR. There was switching while starting an HDR enabled game, my screen would go blank for a moment at the start with Ni No Kuni 2 and Tomb Raider Shadow.

Yeah but if you hit PS button while playing HDR game the UI will stay in HDR mode. It doesn't run in HDR by default though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kkapoorr said:

Does anyone have UPS recommendations for the PS5? Like what sort of a model should I select for it? Don't need to play on the UPS, should be enough to turn the PS5 off safely.

Thanks in advance guys!

APC 1100VA if you using it just for the Ps5.

If you are using a TV and Ps5, 1500VA. Won't be that cheap though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I just did the math, buying 2 separate 1100 va is actually cheaper than buying 1 1500va APC :mellow:

Not sure whats extra in 1500va

BX1100C doesn't have the screen to show remaining capacity while BR1000G does. Comes out cheaper in the case of the former, plus you can get them cheaper offline.

But main thing is that you will have to make space for 2 UPS and in the long run, that won't be worth it. Atleast not in the neighborhood of 2 grand.

29 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah but if you hit PS button while playing HDR game the UI will stay in HDR mode. It doesn't run in HDR by default though.

Yeah, and exiting game would change the signal back to Non-HDR with that blue screen for a second or two.

That's not the case with PS5, no switching, no blue screen and UI is in HDR mode by default, whether in an HDR game or not.

40 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

APC 1100VA if you using it just for the Ps5.

If you are using a TV and Ps5, 1500VA. Won't be that cheap though.

M using 600VA one right now. It provides back up for TV, if i connect ps5 also to it then some heavy games like demon souls n ghost makes it go beeping however gts,etc work just fine along with TV.

Shouldnt 1100VA one be enough for TV and PS5. I just need the time to turn it off.

12 minutes ago, hope said:

M using 600VA one right now. It provides back up for TV, if i connect ps5 also to it then some heavy games like demon souls n ghost makes it go beeping however gts,etc work just fine along with TV.

Shouldnt 1100VA one be enough for TV and PS5. I just need the time to turn it off.

My suggestion would be to get line interactive UPS. Something on these lines: BVX900LI-IN. These are better than power saving UPS and less expensive than online UPS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hope said:

TV+Ps5 can reach 500-520W which is within range of 1100VA but TV can spike much higher and triggering the safety in the UPS. So better to have a decent headroom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

13k currently. They were going for 11k? IIRC in dec

6 hours ago, kunjanp said:

11k is the lowest they have gone for.

Ended up ordering quantum 400. Don't care much for wireless for gaming. It seems to be the exact same headset as 600 except for being wired, but its 5k cheaper so went for it. 

Edited by playstationdude

Played some warzone, destruction and FIFA 21 and towards the end when I boot up Fifa 21 the fan did kick in. It wasn’t loud and Infact was hardly noticeable but I could hear the it kick in.

With PS4 games however the fan remains as silent as it is I’m on the Home Screen with no game running in the background.

Also, I do hear the coil whine (or whatever that sound is. It sounds like a refrigerator) [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Angad. said:

Also, I do hear the coil whine (or whatever that sound is. It sounds like a refrigerator) emoji51.png

Same but only if I get to close..

Also kept the console on rest mode whole night. No issues here. Only it won't read the disc after its back on. Have to remove and insert again.. 

Also storage already full:wallbash::wallbash:

9 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Same but only if I get to close..

Also kept the console on rest mode whole night. No issues here. Only it won't read the disc after its back on. Have to remove and insert again.. 

Also storage already full:wallbash::wallbash:

images-jpeg-72.jpg

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

That's what warranty is there for. Jo Hona he abhi hojaye :boxing:

Bhai but mat le aise risk. There's likely no replacements available with the service centres and they know jack about repairing anyways. :fear1: