Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
  • In CY2021, Sony's Game & Network Services generated $24.87 billion in revenue, up 8.9% YoY.
  • The PlayStation 5 has sold in 17.3 million units as of December 31, 2021 according to Sony. 
  • This compares to 20.2 million for PlayStation 4 in the same timeframe, when launch aligned
  • PS5 has faced significant supply issues. It has been unable to keep up with PS4 despite demand

FKkfb92XsAM57wa?format=jpg&name=large

 

67.5% of all PlayStation games sold in 2021 were via digital download, compared to 62.9% in 2020.

 

In 2021: 294.1m units of software sold (-14.2% YoY)

  • 95.6m packaged units (-24.8% YoY)
  • 198.5m digital units (-7.9% YoY)
  • 37.3m first party games sold (-37.5% YoY)

What’s the source?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

At least we have the Day1 certificate to hold on to while crying if the console gets busted :D

 

Hmm, note, laminate the certificate. 

+ we can make an excuse for being the Mid gen refresh when it comes out in 2025

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Guest said:
  • In CY2021, Sony's Game & Network Services generated $24.87 billion in revenue, up 8.9% YoY.
  • The PlayStation 5 has sold in 17.3 million units as of December 31, 2021 according to Sony. 
  • This compares to 20.2 million for PlayStation 4 in the same timeframe, when launch aligned
  • PS5 has faced significant supply issues. It has been unable to keep up with PS4 despite demand

FKkfb92XsAM57wa?format=jpg&name=large

 

67.5% of all PlayStation games sold in 2021 were via digital download, compared to 62.9% in 2020.

 

In 2021: 294.1m units of software sold (-14.2% YoY)

  • 95.6m packaged units (-24.8% YoY)
  • 198.5m digital units (-7.9% YoY)
  • 37.3m first party games sold (-37.5% YoY)

Why is Joe a “guest”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rey said:

 

He left.

 

9 minutes ago, kruzzo said:

He quit the IVG discord too, left without a reason.

 

What happened?

What was his trigger?

 

Did he look at his steam backlog and went into sadness?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Right said:

 

 

What happened?

What was his trigger?

 

Did he look at his steam backlog and went into sadness?

 

 

 

I think he deactivated or unfriended on steam and PSN and everything too

 

Idk why, can anyone still contact him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Wow that’s not normal behavior. 

 

10 minutes ago, North said:

 

I think he deactivated or unfriended on steam and PSN and everything too

 

Idk why, can anyone still contact him?

 

Yeah, this is disturbing....someone know him personally should contact him and ask for wellbeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North said:

 

I think he deactivated or unfriended on steam and PSN and everything too

 

Idk why, can anyone still contact him?

 

56 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Unfriending on Steam and PSN is a bit too much. Seems like something serious.

 

I'm sure at least one of the other mods have him on whatsapp or something? 

 

He unfriended me on steam too watf.

 

Did some flame war happen overnight and mods did cleanup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

 

He unfriended me on steam too watf.

 

Did some flame war happen overnight and mods did cleanup?


Nothing happened 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every single detail for Sony Q3 2021.

 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-q3-fy2021-oct-dec-results-ps5-3-9m-ltd-17-3m-ps4-116-8m-record-year-for-playstation-2nd-highest-quarterly-revenue-in-history.547268/

Quote

 

Highlights :

Q3 FY21: Over ¥813.3bn / $7.15B Revenue and ¥92.9bn / $0.817B Profit between Oct-Dec 20212nd biggest Quarterly Revenue ever for PlayStation (and for any platform holder)Top 3 biggest Quarterly Revenue ever:

Sony Q3 FY20

Sony Q3 FY21

Sony Q3 FY18

Best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during Q3

3rd best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during any quarter

Hardware:

PS5 : 3.9m units / LTD: 17.3m

PS4 : 0.2m units / LTD: 116.8m

Software:PS4/PS5 : 92.7m games soldincluding 11.3m Sony-published games (vs 19.0m - Q3 FY20)

accounting for 12.2% of total games sold this Q3 FY21 (vs 18.2% - Q3 FY20)

Software digital ratio : 62%

PlayStation Store had its 2nd biggest Quarterly Revenue ever with more than ¥432.3bn / $3.80B(-0.1% YoY)

including Digital Software & Add-on content

PlayStation Software & Services saw their 2nd biggest Quarterly Revenue everwith more than ¥564.4bn / $4.96B (-2.9% YoY)

including Physical / Digital Software & Add-on content / Services

111m MAU (monthly active users)111m active users each spent about $42.37 on average on PSN during Q3 FY21

It includes Digital Software, Add-on and Services revenues

Updated FY2021 Forecast:

Decrease : ¥2730bn / $24.62B Revenue (vs ¥2900bn - Oct 2021 Forecast)

Increase : ¥345bn / $3.11B Profit (vs ¥325bn - Oct 2021 Forecast)It would be :

Biggest Revenue for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) in video game history

Best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...