The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Just wanted to ask around if anyone with an autoimmune disorder got vaccinated?

I haven't got a shot myself, have to ask my doctor but something or the other roadblock keeps coming up.

1 hour ago, harjas said:

I haven't got a shot myself, have to ask my doctor but something or the other roadblock keeps coming up.

I have arthritis. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis, asthama, bp, sugar and she is overweight too. both of us have taken our 2 doses.  go ahead. 

PS:- We have taken covishield 

1 hour ago, Right said:

While noone likes such emotional drama, COVID clearly spreads by air (lighter particles carried with breeze/wind), the officers aren't doing anything wrong. 

Guy could have just wore a mask and none of this would have happened. 

Let's not turn everything into a melodrama. 

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have arthritis. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis, asthama, bp, sugar and she is overweight too. both of us have taken our 2 doses.  go ahead. 

PS:- We have taken covishield 

58 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

One of my friend has sulfa allergy and they didn't give him the vaccine (covishield) and the doctor over there also told him to avoid covaxin and only go for pfizer or  moderna.

Alright, thank you, I'll consult my doc asap on which one to take

5 hours ago, harjas said:

My mom did. She suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. All good. Best to consult your doctor.

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

While noone likes such emotional drama, COVID clearly spreads by air (lighter particles carried with breeze/wind), the officers aren't doing anything wrong. 

Guy could have just wore a mask and none of this would have happened. 

Let's not turn everything into a melodrama. 

Punishment must fit the crime.

Or else it is abuse of power.

Make the man pay a fine, make him take covid test, ban him from the park, but don't have him handcuffed in front of daughter he is caring for.

This would be a trauma he and the daughter will have to live with rest of their lives.

Just now, Right said:

Punishment must fit the crime.

Or else it is abuse of power.

Make the man pay a fine, make him take covid test, ban him from the park, but don't have him handcuffed in front of daughter he is caring for.

This would be a trauma he and the daughter will have to live with rest of their lives.

Easy for us to say. 

That guy is not just putting his life at risk, but others too. When the law is clear, why is it so difficult to just wear a mask ?

50 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Easy for us to say. 

That guy is not just putting his life at risk, but others too. When the law is clear, why is it so difficult to just wear a mask ?

That if he is Covid +ve.

Would you arrest a man and put him in handcuffs because he is holding a kitchen-knife?

And you are totally not understanding tiny difference between Rule and the Law, and how procedural component of enforcement works.

Mask mandate is a rule, rule breaker will be warned/fined but not arrested. 

Rules/Law always have quantifiable punishment underlined, 500$ fine, 1-week in Jail etc, but enforcement of punishment lies with the courts, not police.

Several countries have made handcuffing illegal and even Australia states that not every person who is arrested need not to be handcuffed, though that has been left for beat cops to decide whom they consider a public risk and want to handcuff them. 
A man who is playing with his daughter in a park doesn't seem to fit the definition of dreaded criminal, does it?

42 minutes ago, Right said:

That if he is Covid +ve.

Would you arrest a man and put him in handcuffs because he is holding a kitchen-knife?

And you are totally not understanding tiny difference between Rule and the Law, and how procedural component of enforcement works.

Mask mandate is a rule, rule breaker will be warned/fined but not arrested. 

Rules/Law always have quantifiable punishment underlined, 500$ fine, 1-week in Jail etc, but enforcement of punishment lies with the courts, not police.

Several countries have made handcuffing illegal and even Australia states that not every person who is arrested need not to be handcuffed, though that has been left for beat cops to decide whom they consider a public risk and want to handcuff them. 
A man who is playing with his daughter in a park doesn't seem to fit the definition of dreaded criminal, does it?

This is what the article says...

The distressed father, 31, had been stopped by police on a walking path in Garrison Point Reserve, in George's Hall, about 2.20pm on Saturday.

Police alleged he became verbally abusive and aggressive toward the officers when they spoke to him about not wearing a mask.

'Officers warned the man on multiple occasions about his conduct before he was arrested,' NSW Police told Daily Mail Australia.

Source

46 minutes ago, Right said:

That if he is Covid +ve.

Also, WTF? A knife is considered a weapon and carrying it in public is illegal. So yes, you could be arrested for it.

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

This is what the article says...

Source

He became verbally abusive is the go to excuse for every single police officer in the world. Can't take their word at face value.

The punishment really seems extreme, although not sure why these idiots just don't wear a mask.

Just now, playstationdude said:

He became verbally abusive is the go to excuse for every single police officer in the world. Can't take their word at face value.

The punishment really seems extreme, although not sure why these idiots just don't wear a mask.

Sure but unless there's body cam footage etc. there's no way to know the real truth, is there? These incidents are plentiful in India as well.

12 hours ago, KnackChap said:

One of my friend has sulfa allergy and they didn't give him the vaccine (covishield) and the doctor over there also told him to avoid covaxin and only go for pfizer or  moderna.

I have sulfa allergy and took Covishield.

“People allergic to penicillin and sulfa in certain medicines can also go ahead with the vaccine as these are not linked to Covid-19 vaccine,”

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/worried-about-vax-side-effects-allergies-doctors-clear-the-air/articleshow/81903470.cms

Why is everyone debating police procedure in countries that are not india? In India, first they'd beat the f**k out of the father, and the kid would be lucky to walk away with only 5 kicks up the backside. 

9 hours ago, Right said:

That if he is Covid +ve.

That analogy is all sorts of wrong. Would you not arrest a man who is holding an AK47 in a park/market etc (well, except the US). 

9 hours ago, Right said:

By this logic, no one is a criminal. I mean, you can't identify criminals from their face, can you ? 

We are dealing with possibly what is one of the worst biological terrors to come out of China, causing millions of death, millions of morbidity, uncountable emotional scarring to kids and adults, lives destroyed etc etc. All we say is wear a goddamn mask - so seriously, f**k those people who don't wear them. Put them behind bars for all I care. It's been 18 months since this sh*t began. Far too long a time for people to not understand and follow simple rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1