The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

my immediate neighbors( literally the next flat, their door is right next to ours ) have [ C O R O N A ]  :arigato:

They keep their door open all day every day. :suicide:

My mother spied some guy in full PPE gear visiting their house 5 days before this news was official

FML.

Do you visit their house often? If not I dont think there is too much cause for concern. Doubt corona "floats" across open doors....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

My cousin, lives in Sec21 Jal Vayu, had the 'rona. Mild symptoms only. He only did home quarantine. No one else in the house got it. 

Although, he was doubtful about the testing... :p 

I just remembered. My first cousin sister's father in law is  ACP of some part of delhi. He was covid positive. Stays in Noida and was under home quarantine. Wasnt quarantined at an institution in Noida :P

Edited by Bhpian Bali

23 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I just remembered. My first cousin sister's father in law is  ACP of some part of delhi. He was covid positive. Stays in Noida and was under home quarantine. Wasnt quarantined at an institution in Noida :P

29 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

My cousin, lives in Sec21 Jal Vayu, had the 'rona. Mild symptoms only. He only did home quarantine. No one else in the house got it. 

Weird. My experience was different. 

Nevertheless, testing done. Negative. Whew. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Ok. Weird posting this on Twitter. Such a large corp should be negotiating directly with the MoHFW, not via Twitter. Looks like they are trying to increase their profits by sensitizing the people months ago about the cost. 

As you might know manufacturers are wasting crores on vaccines which might even get wasted, because they cannot wait for all trials to be completed.

He has put it out so state govts don't hassle them by purchasing through tender(heath is state subject). Then companies who have put no effort in RnD will be able to give much lesser quote....stealing the work of him and others.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Weird. My experience was different. 

Nevertheless, testing done. Negative. Whew. 

I totally understand your fear about it though. If i were in Noida, or even Gurgaon, I would be scared to get a test done as well. My aunt (in Gurgaon)  had fever a while back and the whole family was s**t scared of getting a test done. 

That is great news Bird man! :D

Edited by ayush12ice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

As you might know manufacturers are wasting crores on vaccines which might even get wasted, because they cannot wait for all trials to be completed.

He has put it out so state govts don't hassle them by purchasing through tender(heath is state subject). Then companies who have put no effort in RnD will be able to give much lesser quote....stealing the work of him and others.

SII is not involved in R&D AFAIK. 

They are vaccine manufacturers, and are involved in the P3 trial only. Says a lot that they didn't even pause the trial in India after an SAE was reported with Oxford AZ vaccine. Nor was DCGI informed till a show cause notice was served. 

Finally, SII is the only licensed manufacturer so far of 2 of the major vaccine candidates in India. Dr Reddy's has license for Sputnik only. Hence no question of external supply/tender. All these vaccines will be patented products. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

22 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

I totally understand your fear about it though. If i were in Noida, or even Gurgaon, I would be scared to get a test done as well. My aunt (in Gurgaon)  had fever a while back and the whole family was s**t scared of getting a test done. 

That is great news Bird man! :D

Haryana (and Delhi) have prescription free RTPCR testing and clear home quarantine instructions. 

If you check Noida DM's Twitter, his last post is signing an order for only institutional quarantine, clearly stating that they don't allow home quarantine. :wallbash:

Prescription is mandatory (inspite of central govt orders) and while it's not an issue for me, I can imagine people who just want to get tested have to go to multiple doctors to just get a RTPCR recommendation.

Then bigger challenge is home collection. All across Noida and Ghaziabad, the only pathlab offering home collection in reality (and not just on their site) is Max Lab. Literally called every other place offering RTPCR testing here, and all except Sharda and Yahtharth hospital insisted on getting admitted for 1 day in the hospital (effectively spending 15-20k), and only then they would test. 

The only other lab offering test - Saral - has such a piss poor dirty collection centre, in an enclosed room that you might just get COVID getting inside it. 

We got it done from a Delhi based chain lab, and the owner said he has been trying to get a license for Noida, but the state has stopped giving out new testing licenses. 

f**king weird man. 

Home collection should be the norm, not an exception. Most swab collection centres are in small closed rooms, and you've to take off your mask for oral and nasal swabs, increasing your chances for getting the viri from somebody else who might have gone before you. Basic hygiene says home collection is just superior.  

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

SII is not involved in R&D AFAIK. 

They are vaccine manufacturers, and are involved in the P3 trial only. Says a lot that they didn't even pause the trial in India after an SAE was reported with Oxford AZ vaccine. Nor was DCGI informed till a show cause notice was served. 

Finally, SII is the only licensed manufacturer so far of 2 of the major vaccine candidates in India. Dr Reddy's has license for Sputnik only. Hence no question of external supply/tender. All these vaccines will be patented products. 

I think they are involved in RnD, but even if it is not true, they are just readying the supply even if trial fails/ Vaccine doesn't  get approval, so there is input cost at stake here.

#2 If I know the policy around "emergency measures"correctly, govt can override the patent or any such condition, even US president has such powers. Yes, govt probably will get sued over this, but courts will favour govt, our patent laws regarding "patent of process" will kick in.

You are subject matter expert on these things and I could be wrong, but what I see is a businessman who has taken a risk, and he might get screwed, and if succeeds then might gets screwed by govt.

9 hours ago, Right said:

I think they are involved in RnD, but even if it is not true, they are just readying the supply even if trial fails/ Vaccine doesn't  get approval, so there is input cost at stake here.

#2 If I know the policy around "emergency measures"correctly, govt can override the patent or any such condition, even US president has such powers. Yes, govt probably will get sued over this, but courts will favour govt, our patent laws regarding "patent of process" will kick in.

You are subject matter expert on these things and I could be wrong, but what I see is a businessman who has taken a risk, and he might get screwed, and if succeeds then might gets screwed by govt.

They haven't collaborated on R&D, but I get what you're trying to say. 

However, I don't think an Indian company has been forced so far so share parents (not sure), and the govt can't f**k with SII - them being the key to producing the sheer number of dosing needed. Most vaccines are super high margin products (and virtually having monopolistic control by pharma companies on who they want to distribute to). 

SII (and BB) have already produced possibly hundreds of thousands of doses of these vaccines in anticipation of gaining marker share, and so the moment either of these get approved, other players won't even have a chance to understand production, while the market will get flooded (in a controlled way) with the vaccine. 

Intresting times at play. 

18 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

my immediate neighbors( literally the next flat, their door is right next to ours ) have [ C O R O N A ]  :arigato:

They keep their door open all day every day. :suicide:FML.

f**k. I've been in the same boat. The authorities come and asked a bunch of questions to us. We don't even talk to our neighbours. I don't mean to be an a**hole, but don't wanna talk in COVID times. 

(The person who had didn't make it though, though he had seemed to recover)

12 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Thats minutes away from my place. Its like the hotspot for hanging out every evening, everybody's out now.

Will play more PS4 to divert my attention. 

18 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Thats minutes away from my place. Its like the hotspot for hanging out every evening, everybody's out now.

Will play more PS4 to divert my attention. 

About 5 mins away from my place too. 

26 minutes ago, adity said:

Bro don't believe WhatsApp forwards. Government doesn't have money to give GST funds to state governments you think they can afford 1.5 lakhs a patient. 

No whtsapp forward re.It is happening. Something fishy is definately happening. 

Heard this from far too many sources now. 

One of the friends friend, her father n mother had no symptoms but report positive. Taken to hospital for 4 days n sent back now. 

1 hour ago, hope said:

Yes but it should be home isolation for such patients unless case worsens. 

depends on the patients age. even asymptomatic pateients over the age of 55-65 are being told to get admitted in hospital as a precaution.

and i really really sure the central govt isnt paying the states any money per case, if that was true, we would have hit 10 lakh cases per day now. at worst maybw the hospital & municipal ward cartel making money.