The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

20 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No. We have burnt our hands with this before. Favipiravir, RemD, Toci, plasma. 

Everything has proven to be ineffective AFTER adequate trial. The pilot studies all claimed to have efficacy. 

A simple reason is any CT has vested interests, from the sponsor to the PI to all others involved in it. To ensure that data is not tainted, and adequate checks and balances have been maintained, it is published for the world read, comment, applaud or criticize. 

I agree that we cannot wait for peer review at this time, but basic data points should be posted via ICMR or MoHFW. The biggest challenge is that we know absolutely NOTHING about the data being touted. Most such trials use a very subjective scale for "cure", and are prone to severe investigator biases. 

Statistics has the power to make your poop a miracle cure, and hence we need to look at all aspects of the trial. Without that, it's he said she said. Bears no scientific credibility. 

Exactly.

Without any form of a real data proving the significance, this situation will escalate in a similar situation as RemD/Favi where will people start running for sachets of 2DG w/o even knowing if this drug works. Each sachet will be sold off for 10-20k.

Plus, I am not asking for full P3 peer reviewed data. Give me the study's data-points and results stating statistical significance over which DCGI approved the drug.

Just give me a pre-print, I am ready to forego peer-review.

And it's absolutely insane to imply that it being a "Desi" drug has anything to do with it. 

People believed in Coronil and got burnt. Rules are the same for everyone.

Anyone bringing nationality into this needs to find better meaning in life.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

.agree that we cannot wait for peer review at this time, but basic data points should be posted via ICMR or MoHFW. The biggest challenge is that we know absolutely NOTHING about the data being touted. Most such trials use a very subjective scale for "cure", and are prone to severe investigator biases. 

I think that they just lack a process to put the data out, DCGI website. Not that they want to conceal it, it will surface in a couple of days.

All your points taken, balanced scepticism is good, but blaming govt of "forcing untested drug on 1 billion" people is what this argument to its head. 

35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Sinovac is not allowed, only dgci approved vaccines can bid. 

The only state to allow Chinese vaccines so far is Tamil Nadu afaik. 

Sinovac is creating ground, just google Sinovac India.

GoI has approved all vaxx for import which passed certain trials and WHO approved ones. Sinovac can make its way in.

53 minutes ago, Right said:

Sinovac is creating ground, just google Sinovac India.

GoI has approved all vaxx for import which passed certain trials and WHO approved ones. Sinovac can make its way in.

Needs to be approved by ICMR and DCGI as well. Sinovac might not get that.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Needs to be approved by ICMR and DCGI as well. Sinovac might not get that.

I say every vaccine should be allowed in India. Only 2 vaccine for billion people is pathetic. 

Small country like Serbia got every vaccine approved for people to choose from.