The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

4 hours ago, funjabi said:

I tried doing some lumpsum investmeny yesterday through Kuvera. Money got deducted but it showed pending -_-

I hope it gets sorted before 2pm tomorrow. Else - it will all be waste.

It should get processed today and you'll get a confirmation tomorrow morning.

Boring budget :yawn:

30% tax on crypto is actually a good thing IMO, it means they are not looking to completely ban crypto anytime soon. Of course it is too much but at least they officially recognized it. I don't do crypto for now. Maybe will start doing in future. 

The budget was pretty horrible. FM spouting buzzwords without any substance (didn't catch any substantial capital allocation) like some startup founder. 

One thing is good is that at least she didn't do anything negative. As long as she stays useless and doesn't try to do anything it should be fine. 

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My GTT got rejected because Zerodha transferred funds back to bank. And now the stock has rebounded, what the hell is this.

Why would they do something like this. I can understand if they cut some fee as hidden charge but why would they revert it on bank. 

Must be something went wrong when adding funds. 

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Why would they do something like this. I can understand if they cut some fee as hidden charge but why would they revert it on bank. 

Must be something went wrong when adding funds. 

No. That's a part of the quarterly settlement.

Every broker has to follow this.

You must receive an email for the same.

They reverted the funds from my Zerodha Account to Bank, early morning and the GTT failed at 10. Bad luck.

32 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So every 3 months the unused funds with Zerodha are to be sent back to me? That's a decent rule I can get behind.

It’s 90 or 30 days.

That is, all the funds will be transferred back to your account every 90 days and in addition to that if your account doesn’t see any trading activity for a period of 30 days, free cash will be transferred back to the bank in this case too.

The settlement date is actually visible in Funds page on Console.

In my case, it was just bad luck.

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

So every 3 months the unused funds with Zerodha are to be sent back to me? That's a decent rule I can get behind.

The karvy fiasco brought a lot of regulations to protect retail investors funds. 

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

No. That's a part of the quarterly settlement.

Every broker has to follow this.

You must receive an email for the same.

They reverted the funds from my Zerodha Account to Bank, early morning and the GTT failed at 10. Bad luck.

Didn't know that. I just checked and I didn't receive any amount from Zerodha recently. Although, I did wonder why my amount is exactly 0. I mean I didn't have much funds but it couldn't have been zero. 

It says net settlement for equity in statement but that is for equity adjustment. I don't see any specific mail for this either, nor any money received in my account. 

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Didn't know that. I just checked and I didn't receive any amount from Zerodha recently. Although, I did wonder why my amount is exactly 0. I mean I didn't have much funds but it couldn't have been zero. 

It says net settlement for equity in statement but that is for equity adjustment. I don't see any specific mail for this either, nor any money received in my account. 

Check your bank statement. Although it should be given in Zerodha's too.