The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

43 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Guys, 

Slavia v/s the 5th gen Honda City? Looking at only petrol trop end manual variants. 

Does Skoda have good after sales now? Along with a decent repair network? 

Wait for VW Virtus.

I don't understand the hate for AT.

For me it absolutely doesn't make sense for manual transmission because of the fear of replacement.

If the company is not changing it within warranty then the company is scum but haven't really seen my friends facing any issues. And nowadays, lag is minimal too.

Can't give up quality of life benefits of AT and generally the extended features, just because of fear of cost. If that's the case then it doesn't even make sense to buy a car because at the end it's a liability anyway.

If you want to drive a manual then that's a completely different topic.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't understand the hate for AT.

For me it absolutely doesn't make sense for manual transmission because of the fear of replacement.

If the company is not changing it within warranty then the company is scum but haven't really seen my friends facing any issues. And nowadays, lag is minimal too.

Can't give up quality of life benefits of AT and generally the extended features, just because of fear of cost. If that's the case then it doesn't even make sense to buy a car because at the end it's a liability anyway.

If you want to drive a manual then that's a completely different topic.

He's not talking about AT. He's talking about AMT which sucks a*s. 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Guys, 

Slavia v/s the 5th gen Honda City? Looking at only petrol trop end manual variants. 

Autocar have done a review between them on YouTube. Watch that.

Personally I never recommend anyone VAG group car. The service is always suspectible and there are more disgruntled customers than satisfied ones. Honda is quite reliable with my own experience of owning Honda City for 7 years. 

If you are looking at Honda City then why not go for Honda City hybrid. It's much better and the FE is brilliant. 

If you are fine with VAG group then wait for Virtus as well which looks better than Slavia. 

16 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Personally I never recommend anyone VAG group car. The service is always suspectible and there are more disgruntled customers than satisfied ones. Honda is quite reliable with my own experience of owning Honda City for 7 years. 

If you are looking at Honda City then why not go for Honda City hybrid. It's much better and the FE is brilliant. 

If you are fine with VAG group then wait for Virtus as well which looks better than Slavia. 

Haven't had issue with VW service per se.

And once warranty is over, you can pretty much get it serviced from anywhere.

I would also recommend Hybrid City over normal one, unofficial bookings are open.

Civic Hybrid 2022 would have been great if only they released it in India.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wait for VW Virtus.

Hmm didn't about that. I'll see if it launches soon, my target is to book around June, depending on return to office.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Yup, that's why I want the Honda. I know it's reliability is going to be better than the Euro ones, plus cheaper to maintain.

Not the hybrid since that's going to be out of my budget...

41 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Haven't had issue with VW service per se.

And once warranty is over, you can pretty much get it serviced from anywhere.

I would also recommend Hybrid City over normal one, unofficial bookings are open.

Civic Hybrid 2022 would have been great if only they released it in India.

How costly is the official service compared to a Honda / Hyundai?

13 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hmm didn't about that. I'll see if it launches soon, my target is to book around June, depending on return to office.

Yup, that's why I want the Honda. I know it's reliability is going to be better than the Euro ones, plus cheaper to maintain.

Not the hybrid since that's going to be out of my budget...

How costly is the official service compared to a Honda / Hyundai?

If you want the official service then don't get VW. It's gonna be expensive.

AMC helps but only for a bit.

But third party service is pretty easy and reliable to get.

21 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Guys, 

Honda makes pretty reliable vehicle. Also they are not that expensive to maintain. My cousin's 2005 city still works great. VW group cars are still pretty expensive to maintain. But keeping maintenance aside, Slavia is better car than city in terms of performance, extra ground clearance is Slavia comes in handy on Indian road conditions. Also, for some reason, honda infotainment systems are straight up garbage. 

1 hour ago, TheGothamChampion said:

Also, for some reason, honda infotainment systems are straight up garbage. 

Yup, and their rear camera is bad (probably VGA) on the 5th gen city. Absolutely shite. 

Edited by LordSpymaster

Guys - is anyone registered on team bhp here ? I need to get a VIN decoded, and the usual sites are not helpful. 

They have a thread where certain members help in decoding: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-251.html

Please let me know, will PM the VIN number. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Guys - is anyone registered on team bhp here ? I need to get a VIN decoded, and the usual sites are not helpful. 

They have a thread where certain members help in decoding: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-251.html

@AtheK

30 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I can help you!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Send it to me

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Honda City hybrid launch is today. Rumoured to skip a spare tyre and be about 2L above the top variant. 

dafaq! Not even a spacesaver?

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Honda City hybrid launch is today. Rumoured to skip a spare tyre and be about 2L above the top variant. 

"It will be expensive at an expected price of around Rs 19 lakh, though it still lacks a good central touchscreen and is missing features like connected tech, wireless charging, wireless Apple CarPlay (and Android Auto) and cooled seats. "

From Autocar's test drive in Bangkok.

I won't pay 20L for a car which does not include these features.

• 3 weeks later...