The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Dude, where you found this.. cannot see this in the letter.. Is this on the website ? Not sure if EasyEMI is same as SmartEMI

It's from the website, but am pretty sure you would not be able to game the system so easily and am pretty sure you know this, but the guys who are on Manning the call centre would not be knowing all the fine print.

5 minutes ago, Madmage said:

It's from the website, but am pretty sure you would not be able to game the system so easily and am pretty sure you know this, but the guys who are on Manning the call centre would not be knowing all the fine print.

+100

Banks are in the business of money. Itna halwa hota toh :D

12 minutes ago, adity said:

12 bit vs 10 bit doesn't matter since the panel itself is 10 bit but yeah barring the minor image processing improvements, C9 is a better TV than CX. LG did quite a few cost cutting measures with 2020 models with DYS codec missing, only one type of stand given and HDMI bandwidth being reduced. 

Okay. Unfortunately finding a C9 is a treasure hunt.

I am having no luck finding the x9000h online in Bengaluru, or at least in my pincode! Amazon, shopatsc, reliance digital, chroma nothing. This weekend, I will be visiting the physical stores to check if they have it, though I don't have much hope. Maybe I should just get a 60-75k tv - how much worse could it be?

LG CX is just not in my budget, sadly.

5 minutes ago, bippukt said:

I am having no luck finding the x9000h online in Bengaluru, or at least in my pincode! Amazon, shopatsc, reliance digital, chroma nothing. This weekend, I will be visiting the physical stores to check if they have it, though I don't have much hope. Maybe I should just get a 60-75k tv - how much worse could it be?

LG CX is just not in my budget, sadly.

Difference between x90H and the lower end 80/70 is so much that I won't recommend getting the latter.

Try to find it in brick and mortars, otherwise I will suggest to just wait it out for Oct discount.

21 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Difference between x90H and the lower end 80/70 is so much that I won't recommend getting the latter.

Try to find it in brick and mortars, otherwise I will suggest to just wait it out for Oct discount.

Thanks for your reply. But man it is frustrating to have the cash ready but not able to get either the tv or the console you want :ranting:

Glasgow wants 55k for xsx and even mcubegames.in has increased from 55k to 58k to 59k now. And the government may increase import duty :wallbash:

Rant over.

Edited by bippukt

1 hour ago, bippukt said:

Thanks for your reply. But man it is frustrating to have the cash ready but not able to get either the tv or the console you want :ranting:

Glasgow wants 55k for xsx and even mcubegames.in has increased from 55k to 58k to 59k now. And the government may increase import duty :wallbash:

Rant over.

Few sellers were selling brand new sealed imported XSX for 52k. Not sure if they still are or have in stock.

10 hours ago, bippukt said:

Rant over.

Just wait a few months. What's the hurry. There aren't any decent games for it in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Karooo said:

Just wait a few months. What's the hurry. There aren't any decent games for it in the first place.

How much were you quoted for the SX the other day? Still 52 or has come down now?

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Wait whaaaa

Yeh Kab announce hua? 

It is not confirmed, but strongly speculated:

https://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/govt-may-raise-import-duties-by-5-10/article33603070.ece

2 hours ago, Karooo said:

I have found credible buyers for both my old tv and ps4 pro. Who knows if they will still be interested in a few months. Also, if I buy before 31st March, I can claim tax deduction under the LTC cash voucher scheme.

PS: Sony x9000h was available on Amazon in the morning, but they were asking 115k!:thumbdown:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bippukt said:

PS: Sony x9000h was available on Amazon in the morning, but they were asking 115k!:thumbdown:

It is available for me on Shop at SC now :wOOtjumpy:

Should I go for it or visit the stores over the weekend to look for better offers?

4 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Wait whaaaa

Yeh Kab announce hua? 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/indias-budget-seen-raising-import-duties-by-5-10-on-dozens-of-items-sources/articleshow/80330916.cms

@bippukt, 115k is a lot for a 55" x9000h. I bet you can get it down to 90-100k in store.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Keyofx said:

Sorry, 115k was on Amazon. On shopatsc, it was 105k. Still, will visit the nearby store just to be sure. Why spend 5k more if not needed.

• Like 1

Has anyone bought or knows about OnePlus TV Y series? I am thinking of buying 32" for one of the rooms. I was wondering about the picture and sound quality. I have never bought a Chinese branded television before so was wondering. I don't intend to game but stream movies / TV shows :) 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread