RAGE

Brink

Forza 4

Dirt 3

NFS:Shift 2

&

Few more ?

:panic:

Sam worthington :doh: i mean really.. ? black ops was an amazing game with awesome campaign, no doubt but the main guy had no personality.. he was just another dudebro no. 45 with an ability to pull trigger and affinity with kicking a*s. It was Rezonav's show all the way in Black ops, if anything you are better off arguing Gary Oldman for playing the russian from that game. I fail to see how worthington in any way deserves to be even nominated.. let alone win.

Are you joking? Worthington's VO was spot on. Oldman was great, but case in point, he wasn't on the nominee list, so let's keep that aside, or rather keep him aside. Watch Worthington's voice over during the interrogation sequences, his flashback voices, between the game etc. I fail to understand what was wrong with it? Sure there are other character in it with a splendid voice job, but we aren't comparing them against each other now, are we? My case was against Neil Patrick Harris getting the award for voicing the amazing Spider-Man. Play the game, check the over-all impact of his VA and then we can continue.

While I havent played the spiderman's game yet Nph is a good choice, have heard his previous VOs and going by them (specially spiderman tv series of 03) he is awesome.

The game's script isn't high on production values, nor are the dialogues. There are a few wise-a*s comments which do sound funny, but it doesn't really click to the point that you want to hand him an award for it. Heck, I find his role as Barney outrageously hilarious in HIMYM. If he was nominated for being a funny character and winning for THAT, I wouldn't even raise a finger.

90% is an estimation hence i put the word 'probably' but its hardly ridiculous. I made that based on the fact that out of 20+ people of my xbox live friends list noone ever played the single player on COD. I never said people dont play single player i said that people dont buy COD for its single player - they buy it for its MP - read my post. Also if you think what made modern warfare a hit was its single player - well you are wrong.

If you go by the people on YOUR list who haven't played COD SP, then I guess we are using relative facts out here, which is hardly worth consideration. As for your original post, let's rewind and reflect on it, Shall we?

do they think that people buy COD games for its single player or what :lol:. Prob 90% of the people never even play single player let alone know who voice acted in it

What does this indicate? You are assuming people that "people" buy it only for MP OR majority to play MP. Well, it could be true till some extent, but how do you know that they haven't already played the SP, enjoyed it (or hated it) and then moved on to MP? Ask anyone who have bought COD: BO on this forum and hasn't played the SP? You'll probably find 1, which is again an assumption. Although MP does form a larger aspect post the SP's completion, it's incorrect to make a statement like "90% people never even play single player let alone who voice acted in it" based on the stats you pulled off your XBL friends list. Call of Duty games have always been a great blend of SP and MP experience. So for those who enjoy the SP campaign and have identified some key characters who have made impact with their voice acting, would certainly want those VA's to get their due credit. :)

Are you joking? Worthington's VO was spot on. Oldman was great, but case in point, he wasn't on the nominee list, so let's keep that aside, or rather keep him aside. Watch Worthington's voice over during the interrogation sequences, his flashback voices, between the game etc. I fail to understand what was wrong with it? Sure there are other character in it with a splendid voice job, but we aren't comparing them against each other now, are we? My case was against Neil Patrick Harris getting the award for voicing the amazing Spider-Man. Play the game, check the over-all impact of his VA and then we can continue.

Oldman was nominated.

And I agree Worthington did a good job, eventhough he slipped off his accent a bit too much. In the end what matters is whether he was able to portray the character in a good way or not & I think he was.

Archived