StormShadow

~The TV Shows Thread~

Finished Mindhunter S2 and loved it!

I'd probably rate S1 slightly higher though because of how good Holden's character arc was in it.

Still, this is probably the only ongoing show that I can actually binge watch. I love plenty of other shows too but I don't think I've been able to watch more than 2 episodes of any of them on a single stretch.

It's just an utterly compelling show.

Hope Netflix renews it for a couple of more seasons :samui:

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finished Mindhunter S2 and loved it!

I'd probably rate S1 slightly higher though because of how good Holden's character arc was in it.

Still, this is probably the only ongoing show that I can actually binge watch. I love plenty of other shows too but I don't think I've been able to watch more than 2 episodes of any of them on a single stretch.

It's just an utterly compelling show.

Hope Netflix renews it for a couple of more seasons :samui:

Fincher has planned for 5 seasons. The guy is a sucker for serial killers.

Classic show though. 

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

In spite of the cringeworthy dialogue, this looks a whole lot better than the next skywalker [email protected] film.

Edited by kmkaks

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Not for me. Too much teen crap in a bad way and overall depressing/sad show. 

Heard season 2 was terrible as well. 

Okay, skipping it then. I don't mind a sad show but provided the melancholic premise is handled and executed well.

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's just another teen emo drama. Avoid. 

Done.

Any recommendations on some serious, pensive shows? I'm currently mid-way through Frontera Verde and absolutely loving it.

Edited by Black_Hawk

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Holy crap! That looks f**king amazing!

The production values seem to be excellent. It almost looks like a big budget movie.

And if there's one thing I loved about Rogue One and Solo, it was their grungy aesthetic. Really glad this is going for a similar look and feel.

Hope Hotstar brings it here Day 1.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Holy crap! That looks f**king amazing!

The production values seem to be excellent. It almost looks like a big budget movie.

And if there's one thing I loved about Rogue One and Solo, it was their grungy aesthetic. Really glad this is going for a similar look and feel.

Hope Hotstar brings it here Day 1.

Hotstar has a Disney tie in?

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

Hotstar has a Disney tie in?

Hotstar is owned by Disney so that makes sense. They can test waters with it and leverage the already existing licenses and brand recognition before launching their new service. I'm guessing they'll just end up rebranding it down the line.