The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

7 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

If you fancy the 12 with 128 gb, there's an 3k extra off on all CC's and DC's on top of the 72k price tag on Flipkart right now. 

I'd rather fight an angry lion in a phone booth than buy something from Flipkart

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

new iPhone 13 series line-up, and the 12 series has gotten slashed in price on apple's website.

if Pixel 5A doesn't come to India, might have to swing for one of these bad boys. 

in other days: got my phone fixed up for water damage, its working now. dude charged me 700, prolly got ripped off but can't be helped. 

Edited by North

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'd rather fight an angry lion in a phone booth than buy something from Flipkart

Never in my life I will buy a phone from Flipkart.

A few of my friends bought the S10+ in their yearly "sell previous flagships for cheap" sale.

And each one of them has had the same problem of screen going green and backlight dying.

They are just 1.5yr old and now will cost 15k to fix. It's also documented on Reddit.

Apparently the stock they were selling was defective to begin with.

1 hour ago, North said:

new iPhone 13 series line-up, and the 12 series has gotten slashed in price on apple's website.

if Pixel 5A doesn't come to India, might have to swing for one of these bad boys. 

in other days: got my phone fixed up for water damage, its working now. dude charged me 700, prolly got ripped off but can't be helped. 

12 series price slashed? Can't find it. 

On 9/14/2021 at 3:09 AM, VelivolusDas said:

With the Pixel 5a nowhere in sight for India, I ordered the Pixel 4a 5G for my wife for ₹40k.

-----

And, the ultimate test (for me) is pending too which can only be done tomorrow while I travel to work in a rickshaw in Mumbai traffic. If it passes that test, the buds are a win for me.

UPDATES:

- The phone arrived in absolutely proper condition (phew!). Only drawback is that it had the US-pin charger (since it's the international variant, obviously). It's not so much of an issue for me since I have Indian-pin Pixel chargers all over the house now. But yeah, if someone hasn't moved to Type-C, then they would have to shell out a bit more and get the charger. Vodafone India SIM works absolutely fine (another phew!), too.

Wife is pleased. Also, Ultrawide Pixel camera. :wub:

- The earbuds have passed the Rickshaw test for listening to music. Not so much for speaking while in a moving rickshaw in traffic.

33 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm confused. On the website is saying 64k for iphone 12 64gb. But I bought it on Amazon months ago for 47k. 

Is it not the same phone?? 

Privilege of buying from Apple site. :P

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Oh sh*t you guys sorry i'm a dumbf**k. I bought the iPhone 11, not 12. 

1 week vacation for incorrect information.

Lmao. No, the slashed pricing is only seen on Apple's website as of now. Physical stores will update the pricing soon as well. 

Spoke to a dude in Croma today. He said upto 5K discount can be expected in upcoming sales, effectively bringing price of base model iPhone 12  (64GB) to 60K.