PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

The problem with that is Sony hasn't unveiled prices yet, only speculated to be expensive.

What if MS unveil console on 23rd, announce preorders for September release and couple months later Sony bamboozled MA, PS5 comes out 100$ cheaper than Series X.

MS will be f**ked over if that happens in my opinion, despite the initial sales.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

MS can outprice Sony all day. If they announce series x for 399 to 450 Sony has no leeway whatsover for undercutting them.

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

MS can outprice Sony all day. If they announce series x for 399 to 450 Sony has no leeway whatsover for undercutting them.

PS5 actually has a lower BoM, from $20 to $60 cheaper. I mean, these guys sold PS3 at $300 loss when the whole company was in a way worse situation. The loss they took on 20GB model alone was more than the cost of entire X360 arcade console :lol: If they want to undercut it, they can do it. But I don't think they will, maybe not with the disk version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Either tencent or sony 

The Board announces that on 10 July 2020 (before trading hours), Mr. Yuk and the Company entered into an exclusivity agreement (the “Privatization Exclusivity Agreement”) with Tencent Mobility Limited (the “Potential Acquiror”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tencent Holdings Limited, a company whose shares are listed on the Stock Exchange (stock code: 700), regarding a possible acquisition and privatization of the Company (the “Possible Privatization”). 

Has anybody here used the Remote Play feature extensively? 

My TV is giving me problems, and I was wondering if I can get away with using my laptop screen for now.....

I've tried using it, and I can do the bare minimum but there's quite a bit of lag even in the home screen. Haven't even tried playing a game as that would be completely unusable.

I have pretty good internet, so not sure if this is how it is, or there's something I can do to make it better.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please do share. Not sure if the TV problem can be resolved anytime soon, and don't want to completely quit playing.

17 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Has anybody here used the Remote Play feature extensively? 

My TV is giving me problems, and I was wondering if I can get away with using my laptop screen for now.....

I've tried using it, and I can do the bare minimum but there's quite a bit of lag even in the home screen. Haven't even tried playing a game as that would be completely unusable.

I have pretty good internet, so not sure if this is how it is, or there's something I can do to make it better.

If anybody has any other suggestions, please do share. Not sure if the TV problem can be resolved anytime soon, and don't want to completely quit playing.

I have not used it myself but I assume it works on a local connection. So your internet does not affect anything, it's the capability of your router. If lot of devices are connected to it, you will naturally get delay. Also, check for interfering networks which may be cluttering up the same band and channels.  

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

I have not used it myself but I assume it works on a local connection. So your internet does not affect anything, it's the capability of your router. If lot of devices are connected to it, you will naturally get delay. Also, check for interfering networks which may be cluttering up the same band and channels.  

Okay. I'll see what I can do about minimising the delay.

Also, I think with remote play you can play anywhere as long as your PS4 in on and logged on to the internet. I don't think its over your home network, because I saw some Youtube video where the dude was button mashing away on Mortal Kombat sitting in a KFC.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, CarbonCore said:

1S and 1X were already discontinued on Amazon and Gamestop online stores, but retail also discontinuing it is something new. Maybe they'll launch next-gen in a month or two :P

Its been a week and I don't see no restocking of Xbox One consoles on BestBuy.

Its either supply chain is broken for them or they are upto something....

US store:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fs=saas&id=pcat17071&iht=y&intl=nosplash&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&nrp=15&qp=category_facet%3DXbox One Consoles~pcmcat303600050004&saas=saas&sc=Global&st=xbox one&type=page&usc=All Categories

44 minutes ago, Right said:

Its been a week and I don't see no restocking of Xbox One consoles on BestBuy.

Its either supply chain is broken for them or they are upto something....

US store:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fs=saas&id=pcat17071&iht=y&intl=nosplash&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&nrp=15&qp=category_facet%3DXbox One Consoles~pcmcat303600050004&saas=saas&sc=Global&st=xbox one&type=page&usc=All Categories

They said they're clearing old stock of all the bundles (and there's shitton of Xbox bundles) but its not actually discontinued. Maybe newer models of 1S and 1X with new lower price or something. If Lockhart is priced $299 or something it'll make the current lineup look really stupid.

• Like 1

Guys anyone know what is Sony's policy towards OOW PS4, my 2015 fat model's power and eject buttons are dead, before they died they used to malfunction, like discs used to eject randomly with the beep, and i used to get reboot loops again with the beep, like the power button is being touched, these are touch sensor buttons btw, not push buttons.

The normal policy was you pay 50% of the MRP and your get a refurbed PS4 from Sony, but mine is from 2015 so does this still apply?

I can turn on console and play games using DS4's ps button, so that is no issue, for now, but if my DS4 conks it will be :fear:

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Guys anyone know what is Sony's policy towards OOW PS4, my 2015 fat model's power and eject buttons are dead, before they died they used to malfunction, like discs used to eject randomly with the beep, and i used to get reboot loops again with the beep, like the power button is being touched, these are touch sensor buttons btw, not push buttons.

The normal policy was you pay 50% of the MRP and your get a refurbed PS4 from Sony, but mine is from 2015 so does this still apply?

I can turn on console and play games using DS4's ps button, so that is no issue, for now, but if my DS4 conks it will be :fear:

Honestly open up the ps4 and just clean out the dust from the metal contact on the bottom cover. That should fix the eject issue. I went ahead and just removed the metal contact altogether since I haven't used a disc in about 2 years. If I do need to eject I'll do it with a ds4 anyway.

Same for the power button. It's probably dust between the contact and the board. Of course don't remove the contact in this case.

Also you'll need a T9 security torx to open it up.

Edited by Walker

24 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

So i came across this old video and didn't know where to post it. These were hilarious.  

Damn so much nostalgia with BF3. 

Fitting that this series died with the boring nuBF's like BF1, BFV etc :rofl: