PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

10 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

what Whitewolf did was wrong. But as mods you have to apply the same rules to everyone. If you ban anyone who mocks people for "spending on games", you must also ban those who mock people for "buying a console to play indie bhindi / last gen games". 

Yes it applies to everyone. I usually don't care for either side, but a lot of people have pointed out that these threads have become insufferable for them because bait posts and subsequent mud-slinging that follows. So there'll be none of that going forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snake said:

You have been warned.

posted with the intention to bait.

Its what you think. Its a opinion piece. Article just praise Game pass and wants Sony to react. You should read full article. There's nothing super negative about PS. 

Only thing you can take negative that he called Returnal price daylight robbery but nothing else is negative in article. If Era can allow such article then i don't know why IVG mods getting so worked up by harmless opinion piece. 

KC and Ank in past posted far negative Xbox articles and not a single Xbox fan here said anything. They just laugh at it and move on.

But anyway, i hardly post much here anyway now. If you dont want it then i wont post. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

what Whitewolf did was wrong. But as mods you have to apply the same rules to everyone. If you ban anyone who mocks people for "spending on games", you must also ban those who mock people for "buying a console to play indie bhindi / last gen games". 

What i did? I mocked people for spending money? Huh

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

What i did? I mocked people for spending money? Huh

Yes, look at your Outriders comment. Given how quickly threads derail here, that post, plus, the selective quoting here was, at best, irresponsible. You are a veteran on this forum. You should know better than to do that. Keeping the forum from becoming a trash bag of mindless mud-slinging (either directly through own posts or indirectly through posts that bait such) is a collective responsibility.

Thats not to say that I am suggesting a big brother level surveillance of what everyone says. A little friendly jest here or there is not a bad thing. And this thread could be used for that, IMO. But, you gotta read the room. 

Also, please don't do selective interpretation of my posts. Read the whole thing, I was condemning such behavior by the usual suspects from both sides.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Yes, look at your Outriders comment. Given how quickly threads derail here, that post, plus, the selective quoting here was, at best, irresponsible. You are a veteran on this forum. You should know better than to do that. Keeping the forum from becoming a trash bag of mindless mud-slinging (either directly through own posts or indirectly through posts that bait such) is a collective responsibility.

Thats not to say that I am suggesting a big brother level surveillance of what everyone says. A little friendly jest here or there is not a bad thing. And this thread could be used for that, IMO. But, you gotta read the room. 

Also, please don't do selective interpretation of my posts. Read the whole thing, I was condemning such behavior by the usual suspects from both sides.

you talking about this post?

LOL, i was just asking who all are interested and willing to pay full price of the game and turns out lot of people are interested based on Steam charts. It was a general question but people took it as me making fun of them. :/

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

LOL, i was just asking who all are interested and willing to pay full price of the game and turns out lot of people are interested based on Steam charts. It was a general question but people took it as me making fun of them. :/

Dude, give it a rest. Nobody here was born yesterday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Dude, if you all want to take my post wrong way then i cant do anything about it. It was simple question nothing more. Maybe that emoji made it look like iam taking shots at Non GP users :/

Jeez. Your lack of self awareness is hillarious :lol:

51 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I was talking about this one:

But, lets close the issue now. Something tells me that you understand what I am trying to convey. Hopefully others do too. :hug:

6 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Well said. 

Lets ban everyone for childish things. Who are these kids who think threads are insufferable. This isnt a Q&A forum.

Remember same thing happening few years back when @piper started this not needed strictness on IVG. It completely killed the Forum Vibe and many left not to return. Worst modding ever from piper.

A little bit banter should be allowed i think but anyways.

Banter is good, but when it goes for toooooo long the meaning of this thread is gone? 
I come here to see if there is new information or something related to game sales chart comparison stuff, but what i always ALWAYS see is people fighting For MNC companies who dont give two hoots what you think. Please stop fighting for them and have a friendly discussion and above all lets not tell people that if they spent thier money right or not. When they spent 50k the obviously use own brains.
This is not directed towards anyone so please dont take it that way.

Some legendary level banter!! 

Its ok guyz chill on...  And Mods, Plz....  Guyz are arguing with valid points behind. Nobody is blatantly trolling each other by taking names. Offenders can just ignore. But warnings and bans doesn't look cool!

My 2 Cents. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, hope said:

Well said. 

Lets ban everyone for childish things. Who are these kids who think threads are insufferable. This isnt a Q&A forum.

Remember same thing happening few years back when @piper started this not needed strictness on IVG. It completely killed the Forum Vibe and many left not to return. Worst modding ever from piper.

A little bit banter should be allowed i think but anyways.

11 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Banter is good, but when it goes for toooooo long the meaning of this thread is gone? 
I come here to see if there is new information or something related to game sales chart comparison stuff, but what i always ALWAYS see is people fighting For MNC companies who dont give two hoots what you think. Please stop fighting for them and have a friendly discussion and above all lets not tell people that if they spent thier money right or not. When they spent 50k the obviously use own brains.
This is not directed towards anyone so please dont take it that way.

Just now, HarishProGamer said:

Some legendary level banter!! 

Its ok guyz chill on...  And Mods, Plz....  Guyz are arguing with valid points behind. Nobody is blatantly trolling each other by taking names. Offenders can just ignore. But warnings and bans doesn't look cool!

My 2 Cents. :thumbsup:

Then there is only one solution I see for "keeping the forum alive" without hampering genuine discussion. Open a dedicated "console banter" thread and take the Q&As about people's choices and what nots there. Lets see how many people care for jests and playful aliveness now that they get a dedicated platform for it. Just don't derail Xbox and PS dedicated threads by questioning your fellow members' choices. Its is not strictness, its called maturity. 

And yes, I see the irony of my statement asking anyone to "be mature" because, if it had to be said out loud, it for sure fell on deaf ears. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

No 

But I can constructively critisise The Direcor of movie,Composer of music,Creator of Game,Provider of Service 

if I have years of experience in experiencing their offerings 

Yes, but then that can only be the criticism of what you have experienced, not what you haven't. I mean you CAN criticize that too, but not constructively.

One more edit: not owning an XSX/XSS and calling it a scam on its dedicated thread is not constructive. Not owning a PS5 and calling 5K per game a loot on its very thread is not constructive. 

IMO only those people who own those machines, or are excited about them or have genuine curiosity about them to help their decision making should be allowed "constructive criticism" or questions. Rest all is just fanboyism disguised as genuine criticism. 

lastly, I would love to have genuine discussions. And just in case my thoughts came across as pro-censorship, let me clarify that they weren't by giving this analogy - 

Zaroori to hagna bhi hota hai, but that doesn't mean ki pure ghar mein tatti failate firo. Dedicated gusalkhana use karo. Woh bana hi isiliye hai. 

• Haha 3