Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Skip blue beetle. God knows why some critics are giving it great reviews. Maybe its decent for a DC movie or maybe its just the woke culture of giving extra points to a movie that shows little bit more diversity in cast. This is basically Mexican discount Ant Man. The whole plot is stupidly similar to first ant man movie at a lower budget and with even lower stakes. Story is laughable and narrow. I was just waiting for it to get over. Felt like a massive waste of money and time. 

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Toho's new Godzilla films are so good.

I love everything about this except the piss filter. Why does every Godzilla movie (in the recent years) use a piss filter ? Can’t apocalyptic attacks be shown without that particular filter ? 

24 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I love everything about this except the piss filter. Why does every Godzilla movie (in the recent years) use a piss filter ? Can’t apocalyptic attacks be shown without that particular filter ? 

I don't remember Shin Godzilla having any filters.

This one can't really make out much from the trailer, think it's only the dusk scenes :/

Jurassic Park is one of the best movies ever made. It is just incredible how well it holds up after three (!) decades. The sound design, the immersion, the menace, the feel of a bad day gone worse due to Murphy’s law in full bloom are simply unparalleled in a cinematic work. None of the other monster movies that have come since are in the same universe of quality and attention to detail. 

Truly a masterpiece. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, achilles said:

Jurassic Park is one of the best movies ever made. It is just incredible how well it holds up after three (!) decades. The sound design, the immersion, the menace, the feel of a bad day gone worse due to Murphy’s law in full bloom are simply unparalleled in a cinematic work. None of the other monster movies that have come since are in the same universe of quality and attention to detail. 

Truly a masterpiece. 

Yes. And had the luck to watch it in theatres during re-release a few years ago. Such a blast !