Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

Another simple one, dahi vada.

All you need is Urad dal, Cummins, oil, curd, red chilli powder and salt.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Dude post the recipe as well. Have the ingredients ready. :hi2:

4 hours ago, Monokuma said:

Made potato fry from leftover chicken batter. Didn't stick to the potato that well, maybe should have soaked it in for sometime. Was still tasty though :D

You have been torturing for 3 weeks now. Good that I'm not getting tortured alone anymore :D

16 minutes ago, Walker said:

Dude post the recipe as well. Have the ingredients ready. :hi2:

You have been torturing for 3 weeks now. Good that I'm not getting tortured alone anymore :D

Oh ya i forgot.

1. Soak Urad dal for 5-6 hrs in water, or over night.

2. Grind it with green chillies, cummin seeds, hing powder and add water to form a batter. If you don't have any of these, just make the batter with Urad dal.

3. If you want you can add raisins now, or i prefer to add them from top, Or you can skip it.

4. Stir the batter to mix up everything for couple of minutes to make it fluffy.

5. Heat oil, and fry them in shape of balls. You can just use your hand or use a big spoon.

6. Drain oil, you can eat them just like that, i like it that way too. If you want to eat it this way, i advise you add some salt in the batter.

7. Take curd, add Red chilli powder and salt, dip the vada and have fun. You can garnish it with Pudina chutney, dhaniya, Tamrind chutney and raisins. Or just eat them plain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

Another simple one, dahi vada.

All you need is Urad dal, Cummins, oil, curd, red chilli powder and salt.

9557b0f9e030c5ded0f169db8de84794.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

*drooling* this reminded me of my moms dahi vada 

5 hours ago, Keano said:

can you please share the recipe for the fried chicken pleas, they all look delicious. 

Mix: Buttermilk + 1 table spoon pepper powder, 1.5 tablespoon chilli powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt to taste. You can add chilli flakes as well. Keep the chicken dipped in this mix for around 6-8 hours, in the fridge (P.S I used skinless chicken). The more time you leave it in, the softer the chicken would be. The spices can be mixed and matched as per your taste, some even add hot sauce or other sauces to it. 

For the flour mix, you need all purpose flour, corn flour, mix of the spices mentioned above and salt. If you are using 500 gm all purpose flour, use atleast 250-300 gm corn flour (or more if you want it to be extra crispy, some people use 50-50). 

Before you start dipping the chicken in the flour mix, make sure it has come to room temperature. Leaving the chicken out for an hour or so before the frying would be good. 

Steps to be followed before frying:

Dip the chicken in the flour mix and coat the chicken well, drag it along the mix to get that crispy texture. Post that, dip the chicken in a bowl of water for around 4-5 seconds and then back again into the flour mix (You can do this twice if you want a thicker coating). Shake off the excess flour and then fry them. 

After frying do not rest them on a tissue as it could make it soggy. Rest them on a plate. 

There are a lot of different recipes online, you could experiment with different brine's and spices, rest of the process is pretty much the same. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Anyone missing their alcohol indulgence? I didnt care much for alcohol as lockdown was started along with navratri. But looks like there is no hope for opening up liquor sales as we are a nanny state after all. Did everyone else stock up?

We've been collecting alcohol from different places all over our travels, but we don't consume that much so plenty to go around.

We didn't stock specifically for the lockdown as such. 

Anyone missing their alcohol indulgence? I didnt care much for alcohol as lockdown was started along with navratri. But looks like there is no hope for opening up liquor sales as we are a nanny state after all. Did everyone else stock up?
Have Smirnoff vodka, old monk rum, black label and Chivas regal with me. Although I only take a glass or 2 once in 3-4 weeks just for fun. Though I m really missing having a Budweiser. But my friends who are hard core drinkers are having a tough time getting bottles and their pack of cigarettes. It's available with some sources but with a mark up of 50-60% over usual price.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Have Smirnoff vodka, old monk rum, black label and Chivas regal with me. Although I only take a glass or 2 once in 3-4 weeks just for fun. Though I m really missing having a Budweiser. But my friends who are hard core drinkers are having a tough time getting bottles and their pack of cigarettes. It's available with some sources but with a mark up of 50-60% over usual price.

23 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

We've been collecting alcohol from different places all over our travels, but we don't consume that much so plenty to go around.

We didn't stock specifically for the lockdown as such. 

13 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Even I have stock but my drink to go is Bacardi Black and that got over in march before lockdown. I didnt stock up on that and now I gotta open Either Chivas, JD, Gentleman Jack, Bombay Sapphire Spl Edition or a french wine. Not the items I wanted to open. 

few things even i made at home lel, Le Chef lel

Dalgona Coffee (hot, cold) (moi)

Banana Chips (LeWifey + moi)

Potatoe chips (moi)

Grilled Sandwich (Moi)

Medu Wada + Sambhar (LeWifey + moi)

Khaman dhokla (LeWifey)

Manchurian balls + gravy (LeWifey)

Besan poli (LeWifey)

French fries (LeWifey)

Kanda bhaji (LeWifey)

Batata bhaji (LeWifey) 

Egg Curry (LeWifey)

Paav Bhaaji (paav brought separately tho) (LeWifey)

too lazy to upload pics to a image host and then post it via url, so no pics lel :puspa: