The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, Big Boss said:

So basically, you can play PS4 pro version for free on PS5, but the enhanced version will require you to buy separate SKU, but other 3rd parties like Avengers, Cyberpunk etc are doing it for free. Come one Sony wtf, give us next gen upgrades for free.

That's what it seems like.

Again, all this can be dispelled if Sony just comes out and explains things clearly, but we know that ain't happening 'because there's 2 months for the launch.'

:fogug::fogug::fogug:

2 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Aww mann.. sux0r.. 

Is this legit? a screen grab of a conversation with weird grammar... 

if this gets confirmed, i will have to buy the 70$ version... :| 

I guess so ,otherwise sony would have said it by now for the PR win

hope Its not true though , even i own digital copies of so many exclusives which i expect to have improvements. 
cant help it thats how things have been on the One X since last 3 years so i expect better .

I am seriously considering waiting and not buying till the pro ps5 launches.
Their games are great but my backlog is even greater ,plus the games will be cheaper by then and hopefully in Ps plus collection.

Sony are just being greedy f**ks and probably dont f**king care coz they know their fanboys  will follow them blindly .

My friend posted this about PS5  ,some very good points on what everyone is noticing 

- 100$ price gap in console versions but low stock of the cheaper console

- No heads-up for preoders and everything sold out leaving fans pissed

- Raised game prices for first party games across both gens

- Backtracked on next gen only stance

- Selling the same gain again to existing owners by calling it a remaster instead of providing a free upgrade

- Locking said remaster behind a $70 combo

- Sill no details on BC besides "trust us"

-Raised controller price and locked out usage of DS4 for PS5 games even when games are cross gen

- Most third party accessories from PS4 won't be supported on PS5

Edited by triggr happy ss

53 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

If that's true, suddenly, 505 Games are not such villains anymore for ditching original buyers of Control.

Basically, there's this whole 'pay to get next-gen upgrades'. If you don't pay, you will be able to play PS4 games on PS5, but it will run like their PS4 or PS4 Pro versions (if the game has received a patch). Again, I'm just assuming here, because Sony have been anything but clear.

Thing about 505 is that Control UE edition is the exact same SKU as Control+season pass or Control Deluxe edition. The UE was even unlocked for people who owned the other two. But then that license got revoked within a day. So they're deliberately c*ck-blocking next-gen upgrade from current owners. 

I'm surprised there's no backlash against DMC5 SE either. Not only is the RT feature exclusive to PS5 (not even PC) but they're doing the exact same thing as 505. I guess people are just happy to see that SE exists at all.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Am I understanding it correctly?

- Plaim BC, with no free enhancement patch

- Enhanced version needs to bought separately

They want to sell Remasters even to people who own it.

Not so sexy. 

Firstly there are NOT many remasters or enhanced old games out there.. so we heard SpiderMan now, but what else ? Valhalla and Punk are anyway doing it because they are launching so close.. 

Next in line is obviously the recent block busters LOU2 and GOT, it’s a question first that are developers even working on a PS5 patch for these ? It’s been a while they launched so I doubt they would want to give it for free, I think they are still OK to charge a small $10 to support developers..

coming to Xbox it’s a different story altogether, The games that will be enhanced are all on GamePass, so if I am a new guy and buying a a Series X directly I definitely want to see all my games close to 4K 60 FPS.. so they are mostly getting their first party AAA like Gears, Forza ready for this.. it’s not that all third party Games on game pass also will be enhanced.. they will run same as One X like RDR2, GTA V etc

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Hmm so xbox series X is not giving auto 4k enhancements either? Didn't know that. At least Xbox One X was pretty powerful so One X BC will be great nonetheless. 

Nope. The series X will run the one X version of games by default.

Also Smart delivery is the choice of developers and publishers. But yes first party games are being given free upgrades.

Edited by playstationdude

3 minutes ago, adity said:

I'm not saying that increasing resolution is as easy is as turning up a slider but it can't be that hard either. 4k should be standard for all BC unless xbox and Sony wanna be lazy af. 

I think if the hardware can upscale the same to 4k, we should be good. 

Also MS is offering free upgrade on FP games. Gotta give them credit.

Edited by playstationdude

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

- No heads-up for preoders and everything sold out leaving fans pissed

Was just reading about it. Apparently Keighley tweeted that pre-orders would be starting the next day (after the event). Sony also tweeted the same thing.

But then Walmart were like, f**k yall PREORDERS RIGHT NOW BITCHES. 

Seeting Walmart open up, then other outlets also started, leading to much chaos and confusion :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Firstly there are NOT many remasters or enhanced old games out there.. so we heard SpiderMan now, but what else ? Valhalla and Punk are anyway doing it because they are launching so close.. 

Next in line is obviously the recent block busters LOU2 and GOT, it’s a question first that are developers even working on a PS5 patch for these ? It’s been a while they launched so I doubt they would want to give it for free, I think they are still OK to charge a small $10 to support developers..

coming to Xbox it’s a different story altogether, The games that will be enhanced are all on GamePass, so if I am a new guy and buying a a Series X directly I definitely want to see all my games close to 4K 60 FPS.. so they are mostly getting their first party AAA like Gears, Forza ready for this.. it’s not that all third party Games on game pass also will be enhanced.. they will run same as One X like RDR2, GTA V etc

This statement will never make any sense ,no wonder they are charging 70$ now . Its just 10$ extra for the better looking games on the new hardware.

Dont agree here. They need to give these minor enhancement patches free to attract consumer to their new platform. I dont want to pay 10 buck on top of the game I already have.

Also I think 4k and fps will be upscaled by the hardware itself.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Tbh it doesn't really mean much since they're all free with Gamepass anyways. I'd still agree that MS is far more pro consumer than Sony with regards to these things. 

I'd still be ok with paying a nominal fee like USD 10 for next gen patches considering that adding raytracing etc can't be easy. But 4k and fps patch should be free. 

If developers didn't bother updating their games for ps4 pro / one X then they won't bother for PS5 & SX. Third party games are giving you that because they're releasing close or after new console launches. Sony will do the same with their cross gen games like sackboy, horizon etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Was just reading about it. Apparently Keighley tweeted that pre-orders would be starting the next day (after the event). Sony also tweeted the same thing.

But then Walmart were like, f**k yall PREORDERS RIGHT NOW BITCHES. 

Seeting Walmart open up, then other outlets also started, leading to much chaos and confusion :lol: 

This is after they said that they will give enough time before preorders begin.

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

This statement will never make any sense ,no wonder they are charging 70$ now . Its just 10$ extra for the better looking games on the new hardware.

Then don't pay that and just play the normal version? I said this for Control and i am saying it here as well, remastered version of Spider man has lots of enhancements which are more than just a resolution bump. This entitlement that we have to get is free is lolworthy. It would have been a problem if they were actively stopping your original PS4 copy to work on PS5 through BC.

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Tbh it doesn't really mean much since they're all free with Gamepass anyways. I'd still agree that MS is far more pro consumer than Sony with regards to these things. 

I'd still be ok with paying a nominal fee like USD 10 for next gen patches considering that adding raytracing etc can't be easy. But 4k and fps patch should be free. 

This 

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If developers didn't bother updating their games for ps4 pro / one X then they won't bother for PS5 & SX. Third party games are giving you that because they're releasing close or after new console launches. Sony will do the same with their cross gen games like sackboy, horizon etc

Exactly and jut imagine big AAAA like GTA V did not bother releasing a Pro or an X patch, now they are going to release a PS5/SX version and make more $$... It obviously doesn't make sense to go and do a patch for every game out there developers needs to work on real new games than spending time on upgrading old games... unfortunately they are not PC games to upgrade automatically to a new hardware... some big titles will definitely get patched.. I am rooting on GOT for this so I can directly play on PS5 but please don't expect 2019 and before releases to get a free PS5 patch...

Edited by Assassins Creed

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah because if the pre-orders started a week later it wouldn't be sold out in a day. Amazing logic ??

Hey how do you feel about cross gen stuff? You were always there with your shitposts about xbox.

let me guess hardware scales easily now ,its a very pro consumer move and obviously they cant leave the 120 milion ps4 users? :rofl: