The Playstation 5 thread

55 minutes ago, Channu said:

I have never got my hands on pulse headset but I have mostly used my Bose headphones on my previous gen consoles (a difference of day and night compared to my TV speakers)

A PS5 is incoming, will getting a pulse add to the experience big time ?  

I don't think it would, I have Razer Blackshark V2 Pro which is way better than the Pulse. 3D audio is great but you don't feel like you're missing out on anything even when listening through the speakers. For multiplayer 3D audio might be more helpful.

5 hours ago, sid56 said:

I don't think it would, I have Razer Blackshark V2 Pro which is way better than the Pulse. 3D audio is great but you don't feel like you're missing out on anything even when listening through the speakers. For multiplayer 3D audio might be more helpful.

Absolutely. JBL600, V2 Pro or G733 are miles better than the Pulse.

21 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

So true. The G733 do not stand head to head with the JBL (very dull bass). But aside of this, both are absolute beasts. The JBL for big boomy sound. The logi for stellar battery life, feather weight and the fabric earmuffs which are heaven in summers. 

6 hours ago, Channu said:

I have never got my hands on pulse headset but I have mostly used my Bose headphones on my previous gen consoles (a difference of day and night compared to my TV speakers)

A PS5 is incoming, will getting a pulse add to the experience big time ?  

It absolutely does. For all the people recommending the 3rd party headsets here, I've tried some, and the support on PS consoles (PS4 to be specific) for those (even the big, expensive ones) is pathetic, and the sound quality never reaches it's full potential. I don't know how much of Tempest Audio is supported with these headsets (Tempest is not Dolby Audio, it's different and needs it's own support) Don't know about your Bose Headsets, but using the Pulse with the PS5, the experience is enhanced big time, especially with Tempest Audio.

49 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

25 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

So true. The G733 do not stand head to head with the JBL (very dull bass). But aside of this, both are absolute beasts. The JBL for big boomy sound. The logi for stellar battery life, feather weight and the fabric earmuffs which are heaven in summers. 

I own a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro which itself is very good, bought around 10-11k

What does JBL Q600 offer over dt 770 pro? Would it be very similar sounding?

It’s on sale right now with a CC discount in addition and best time to buy

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

Bhej tera beyer. Bina use kiye how can I say if it’s better or not? :P

Pehle istmaal karo, phir hi vishwaas karo !! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It absolutely does. For all the people recommending the 3rd party headsets here, I've tried some, and the support on PS consoles (PS4 to be specific) for those (even the big, expensive ones) is pathetic, and the sound quality never reaches it's full potential. I don't know how much of Tempest Audio is supported with these headsets (Tempest is not Dolby Audio, it's different and needs it's own support) Don't know about your Bose Headsets, but using the Pulse with the PS5, the experience is enhanced big time, especially with Tempest Audio.

Dunno which 3rd party headsets are pathetic according to you,  but the JBl and Logi models @KunjanPSD mentioned are anything but that. 

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I haven't used 770 pro but from my experience none of the wired headphones being driven by the 3.5mm jack of DS come to close the wireless standard on the consoles, Ps5 or XB.

Wired always lacks behind in the extra oomph and suffers heavily in the clarity because of it.

You can use low impedance headphones but it's still very far off.

• Like 1

Also, battery life of DS is absolutely underwhelming. I didn't notice it before but while playing TLOU2, these don't even last 3hrs and absolutely tanks if you are using wired headphones. 

I don't care how advanced these are but I have to charge these after every play-through, makes me miss the playtime provided Eneloops on Xbox controllers. 

It's not next gen if the battery life goes for a toss.

37 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I haven't used 770 pro but from my experience none of the wired headphones being driven by the 3.5mm jack of DS come to close the wireless standard on the consoles, Ps5 or XB.

Wired always lacks behind in the extra oomph and suffers heavily in the clarity because of it.

You can use low impedance headphones but it's still very far off.

I asked @rushaboswal to test his 600 in wired mode. He was using it wirelessly. He said that, when wired, 600 sounds pretty good 

@KunjanPSDPlease try your 600 in wired mode with your controller and let me know 

Just now, 0verlord said:

I asked @rushaboswal to test his 600 in wired mode. He was using it wirelessly. He said that, when wired, 600 sounds pretty good 

@KunjanPSDPlease try your 600 in wired mode with your controller and let me know 

It sounds better wired can confirm. Just play any song on youtube and you can c the difference :)

8 minutes ago, bharathitman said:

@KunjanPSD Which headset would you recommend for the ps5 as of now? Still the q600 or g733?

Absolutely. 

Go with Q600 if you want better bass, G733's bass is lackluster. But G733 has almost double the battery life and better earcups. Both are amazing nonetheless.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I have tried it many times, wired via DS is an absolute no-go for me.

I can't say for PC but in wired mode they are passive and not powered on PC, I don't think they will sound better. Probably just end up sounding neutral.

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I have q800 (got them for less price than a q600 due to price error).

While wired with DS - the DS doesn't last me even a 3 hour gaming session. Hence I always use wireless. The sound is better for songs/movies while wired but not that much. Always prefer comfort of wireless over that.

I second the thought. I miss my Xbox one s controllers powered by Duracell. Those lasted me 12 hours easily even with headphone connected to them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Is 17th May PS5s pre orders shipped out ?

yes amazon has shipped those

while vijay sales hasnt for my friend from mumbai called him and told him they cant due to lockdown.. and will ship on 31st..