The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

No it's not. If it was #Sir would know it. 

He said there is no confirmation or revert on that yet 

& rightly so since there is no console out there that is remotely reaching that stage 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

It’s been like that since PS3 

nothing new 

Also after the warranty expires & it goes faulty within the warranty cover they give you a new one for 33% of MRP within first 3 years & 50 % for next 3 years 

Don’t know if this has been applied to PS5 though coz of lack of availability 

Wow so 33% even after the warranty expires ? damn thats honestly great . Hope it continues with ps5 too.

11 minutes ago, b!T said:

I would say congrats to both PS and Xbox brothers because half of those pages are debates :lol:

Still better than that other thread XD

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

Hardly any PS console ever dies in first 3 years 

My launch PS3 fat died after 4 years 

& I got a new PS3 slim (not super) at 50% MRP of that date 

It was a boon if you ask me 

I agree, definitely a boon.

First PS3 broke because my controller cable wasn't connected during firmware update, bricked, out of warranty, paid 50%, about 10K I think, got new PS3 slim with twice the storage and a year of warranty. 

This one broke too but within 1 year warranty, got replacement with no extra charge.

31 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Wow so 33% even after the warranty expires ? damn thats honestly great . Hope it continues with ps5 too.

Still better than that other thread XD

Yup… that’s great if it is for ps5 too … get a new ps5 for 16k 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

First PS3 broke because my controller cable wasn't connected during firmware update

What sort of an issue is this 

never heard anything like this before 

What’s the controller got to do with firmware?!?

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

Yup… that’s great if it is for ps5 too … get a new ps5 for 16k 

I remember now 

the 30% scheme was limited to PS3 

with PS4 they started flat out 50% after 1 year of warranty expires if I’m not wrong 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

just get a suggested drive bro

Haha, I won’t be getting an ssd expansion for either my ps5 or xsx because internal ssd & external hdd combo makes more sense. 

But after all these arguments, I’d love to see how many people here actually buy an ssd expansion for either console 

my actual concern was - if considered the vast majority of console owners, they aren’t tech savvy enough to pull off such a complicated brain-surgery level upgrade - I mean attaching a heat sink to an ssd - come on. I am in my 20’s and could do it with my eyes closed but think about average global casual console gamer. 

also, both ps5 and ssd are significantly costly. If you make a silly mistake, it’d cost you a bomb. Ps5 with its curves is a slippery…console.

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

But after all these arguments, I’d love to see how many people here actually buy an ssd expansion for either console 

I will buy when it’s $100 each, both Xbox and PS5 expansions :P OK to spend that much to to support my laziness :hypocrite:

with that, let’s close this topic.. I want to see next when someone actually buys it and posts real experience.. 

Edited by Assassins Creed

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

my actual concern was - if considered the vast majority of console owners, they aren’t tech savvy enough to pull off such a complicated brain-surgery level upgrade -

HOLY HYPERBOLE BATMAN!!

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I mean attaching a heat sink to an ssd - come on.

90% of those sold will already have a heatsink attached.

I am in my 20’s and could do it with my eyes closed but think about average global casual console gamer. 

You are underestimating the gaming public

also, both ps5 and ssd are significantly costly. If you make a silly mistake, it’d cost you a bomb. Ps5 with its curves is a slippery…console.

Now this is nothing but console trolling

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

What sort of an issue is this 

never heard anything like this before 

What’s the controller got to do with firmware?!?

I used to update firmware using a USB stick. I remember not connecting controller to PS3 through cable while updating. The update didn't complete and console got bricked.

I did everything right, even firmware was correct. While checking the firmware download page, it clearly said in a note, to connect controller to PS3 through cable before starting update. So I assumed that's what went wrong.

Updated the replacement PS3 with the exact same steps plus connected controller with cable, and it worked just fine. 

Edited by gecko89

14 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I used to update firmware using a USB stick. I remember not connecting controller to PS3 through cable while updating. The update didn't complete and console got bricked.

I did everything right, even firmware was correct. While checking the firmware download page, it clearly said in a note, to connect controller to PS3 through cable before starting update. So I assumed that's what went wrong.

Updated the replacement PS3 with the exact same steps plus connected controller with cable, and it worked just fine. 

I think you should take the burden off your chest 

You did nothing wrong & controller had nothing to do with it (dono why it was there in the note) 

Your PS3 died due to bad HDD not being able to take the update & there’s nothing you could have done 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Ps3 was a piece of sh*t console. It died during an update because it was a stupid piece of sh*t console with a piece of sh*t controller which would get all sorts of issues if you just looked at it wrong. 

I agree, I guess it had something to do with that generations extensive foray into software updates, for games as well as the consoles, maybe the hardware and software integration wasn't good enough. PS4 and XB1 were far better compared to its predecessors in this regard.

27 minutes ago, Snake said:

Now this is nothing but console trolling

I accept your other points but for this, I’d say that the ps5 body and console stand is so weirdly designed in terms of stability that in horizontal mode, whenever I try to plug in something in usb ports/power/hdmi, the whole console wobbles and comes off the stand because there’s nothing to permanently fix it to stand in horizontal mode. It is just kept there without the (vertical) screw. 

Also, the console is much larger and heavier than others and significantly more difficult to maneuver comparatively. It just doesn’t have a stable base and is just a slippery…console.

I’d say that writing step 1, step 2 etc makes it look simple but practically speaking, the instability of curved body does pose a challenge to a majority. Not me, I could of course do it with eyes closed and one arm behind my back.

Edited by 0verlord

29 minutes ago, Snake said:

I mean attaching a heat sink to an ssd - come on.

90% of those sold will already have a heatsink attached.

Also, I checked the Mark Cerny approved WD Black SN850 in Amazon India. Comes without a heatsink

Western Digital WD Black™ SN850 1TB, PCIe Gen 4 SSD 7000MB/s R, 5300MB/s W, for Gaming & Content Creators https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08KFS6THF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R4EXV8YD26XEJYEPH4C6

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I accept your other points but for this, I’d say that the ps5 body and console stand is so weirdly designed in terms of stability that in horizontal mode, whenever I try to plug in something in usb ports/power/hdmi, the whole console wobbles and comes off the stand because there’s nothing to permanently fix it to stand in horizontal mode. It is just kept there without the (vertical) screw. 

Also, the console is much larger and heavier than others and significantly more difficult to maneuver comparatively. It just doesn’t have a stable base and is just a slippery…console.

I’d say that writing step 1, step 2 etc makes it look simple but practically speaking, the instability of curved body does pose a challenge to a majority. Not me, I could of course do it with eyes closed and one arm behind my back.

If it wobbles when plugging in a USB cable, use your other hand to hold it steady.

Let others worry about how they'll accomplish a task that's being compared to brain surgery.