The Playstation 5 thread

I also don’t preorder. But did so got Fifa 22 as it is the last time I’m buying fifa for at least next 5 years.

Also, preordered WWE 2k22 Deluxe.

6 hours ago, Bauji said:

With most of them :) For some reason, folks want it to replace traditional gaming(which have been around since 1970s) and then only it will become something worth considering. 

Yeah lol. I never said about VR replacing traditional gaming. Why can't it just be a cool alternate way to experience unique games. Also funny people call it being for casual audience when it's probably the most enthusiast level peripheral out there with a significant upfront spend. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah lol. I never said about VR replacing traditional gaming. Why can't it just be a cool alternate way to experience unique games. Also funny people call it being for casual audience when it's probably the most enthusiast level peripheral out there with a significant upfront spend. 

‘Most Enthusiast?’ Doubt it. Yes, casual in regards to the depths of the games

Edited by Aercy

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah ok lol. I don't want to pick an argument with you because you're ignorant. 

Yes, neither I want to, because you are an idiot. 

Whenever we go to a mall with a funzone, we checkout VR kiosks. Kid loves it/

Last time we were hooked to Ubisoft's Rabbids kiosk.

I don't know but a game like RnC could be a lot of fun with VR.

Actually, I would like QD to do some good story-telling game with VR.

1 minute ago, Right said:

Whenever we go to a mall with a funzone, we checkout VR kiosks. Kid loves it/

Last time we were hooked to Ubisoft's Rabbids kiosk.

I don't know but a game like RnC could be a lot of fun with VR.

Actually, I would like QD to do some good story-telling game with VR.

There are solid games on VR. Try Blood and Truth for example. It's a proper action packed game with car chases and aeroplane chases and big action setpieces. So f**king good. 

Even borderlands 2 was very solid but I couldn't play it due to motion sickness.

Wipeout VR was also too good. The complete Wipeout collection in VR. What else do you want? There is also thumper, Superhot VR, etc. which are sorta arcade games but still fun as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are solid games on VR. Try Blood and Truth for example. It's a proper action packed game with car chases and aeroplane chases and big action setpieces. So f**king good. 

Even borderlands 2 was very solid but I couldn't play it due to motion sickness.

Wipeout VR was also too good. The complete Wipeout collection in VR. What else do you want? There is also thumper, Superhot VR, etc. which are sorta arcade games but still fun as hell. 

Also, Astrobot VR.

A proper game that is guaranteed to blow away anyone who plays it. The sense of scale in some of the levels is f**king insane and that is just not possible without VR.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Idk if you've used VR but it's the absolute pinnacle of immersion even with a low spec VR system like psvr. While Superhot VR, I would ducking ducking and shooting like my life depended on it. 

The only reason I sold it off was it was wildly inconvenient with its many cables. 

Yes i have used vr. 

Anyone who will read the whole thing i wrote will know i was just comparing current VR tech (mainly auditory and visual) to somthing like nervegear or even haptic suits.

VR headsets offer great immersion yes, but one is conscious that A/V receptors are being fooled in the process, 

I never dissed on VR , was just comparing it

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

2 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Yes i have used vr. 

Anyone who will read the whole thing i wrote will know i was just comparing current VR tech (mainly auditory and visual) to somthing like nervegear.

VR headsets offer great immersion yes, but one is conscious that A/V receptors are being fooled in the process, 

I never dissed on VR , was just comparing it

What's nervegear? 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's nervegear? 

So there are haptic suits which i think will be the pinnacle of externallly induced VR which is also cool, 

Then there are BCIs which can simulate all 5 senses in a controlled manner, kind of like controlled lucid dreaming( matrix sim reality)

Ofc neuralink n BCIs are in primitive dev stage right now( medical use), but its just a matter of computing power and we probably have to attain singularuty (thats when AIs problem solving ability will exceed human brains) for it

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch