Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Listing the ps4 version and calling it as including "ps4 version" is pretty much just plain old fraud considering it also includes the ps5 version being sold separately for $10 more. This type of misleading advertising is outlawed in a lot of countries. 

It is not advertised anywhere that it’s going to be $10 upgrade 

& it’s not going to be.

It was made clear on psblog that paid upgrade scheme will start with GT7 & then GoW~R.

It’s no fraud but yes they shouldn’t make unaware ppl opt for Deluxe Edition.

That part is scummy for sure. 

17 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Someone at support clearly doesn't know about Jim's update...

I like how this matter has been swept under the rug. 

No discussion on youtube, everything  hush hush. Strange!! As if this thing is fine for gaming crowd. 

Jim said one thing for dmg control, Sony support is saying another. No price correction for ps5 version. I’m very doubtful for which version to get for my ps5 now. Guess I’ll just wait. 

12 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The point is why is the "update" not officially 'updated' anywhere?

All the way from the PS Store description to the FAQ section of Horizon: Forbidden West on the PS website, it mentions that the standard edition will NOT get the free upgrade.

All this is shady at best, and I'm not pulling the trigger on the pre-order until release. I don't want a case of "Sorry, it was clearly mentioned that you won't have dual-entitlement."

I don't get it.. . Paying way extra for both versions seems ridiculous. You only posted the a picture statement by Jim Ryan. Seems official.

You think a CEO will turn back from his statement?

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Tbh, if they turn back on this, I won’t buy the game at launch. 

Will pick up a pre-owned copy later. 

But I think they won’t risk making such a dumb move and risk their goodwill. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

I don't get it.. . Paying way extra for both versions seems ridiculous. You only posted the a picture statement by Jim Ryan. Seems official.

If you buy the PS4 disc or digital version you will get PS5 digital version for sure. 

There is no doubt about it. 

It’s just that it was never announced formally on both instances so

information remains on PSblog. 

If one wants a physical disc version only then one should buy PS5 copy. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Dont worry they aint coming, if they are the upgrade is free. CEO Going back on its words is like throwing the company in a crossfire, aint happening

That’s exactly what they did last time to face criticism,thinking they’ll do it again is far fetched. 

It’s just that the two separate versions & pricing has been put up like it would be for all their 2022 games. 
For GT7 & GoW they’ll ask $10 to upgrade but for HFW they won’t.

It’s been made clear where the controversy began. 

23 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

10% cashback also available on Reliance Digital if payed via Simpl for horizon

Thanks dude! 

I never knew I had these cashback points on RD.. :lol:

670 discount + 10 % off on Simpl.

Good deal. 

eBokG9r.png

9 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Thanks dude! 

Good deal. 

eBokG9r.png

It was available for 2951/- (3279 - 10% Cashback via Simpl) @ Reliance Digital without using cashback points. You could have gotten pre-order deal of the century here :wOOtjumpy:(2951 - 670 = 2281/-)

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

Thanks dude! 

Good deal. 

eBokG9r.png

Pre-ordering on Reliance Digital

This is a much higher risk than jumping off a cliff thinking god will save me. 

it'll get delivered nontheless but when is the question. 

Good luck bro

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

Wait, so what’s the conclusion? If I have a PS4 disc, I can still play the ps5 version, correct? 

Yes,though you’ll have to download the PS5 version digitally & can only access it while PS4 disc is in trey.

In short ppl who have access to good internet have no reason to buy PS5 sku. 

It’s just kept there for unaware & ignorant ppl who never knew that PS4/5 version was promised as crossbuy. 

Also I have good reason to believe that ppl who find out later & take it customer support will be given a refund. 

They are just being sneaky about it coz they never formally announced anything. 

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

You can Play the PS4 version on PS5 :giggle:

Wtf :ranting:

read here, https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/04/pre-order-horizon-forbidden-west-now-collectors-and-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

It says:

Last year we made a commitment to deliver free upgrades for our cross-gen launch titles, which included Horizon Forbidden West. While the pandemic’s profound impact pushed Forbidden West out of the launch window we initially envisioned, we will stand by our offer: Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.

52 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Wtf :ranting:

read here, https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/04/pre-order-horizon-forbidden-west-now-collectors-and-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

It says:

Last year we made a commitment to deliver free upgrades for our cross-gen launch titles, which included Horizon Forbidden West. While the pandemic’s profound impact pushed Forbidden West out of the launch window we initially envisioned, we will stand by our offer: Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.

i don’t know bro 

read this