The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

17 hours ago, KnackChap said:

what the *bleep*. :furious:

Won't be an isolated case. Imagine the shenanigans that may be happening all over. Who knows how bad it actually is :(

We'll only know how f**ked we were long after this is over. Or maybe not even then.

13 minutes ago, Walker said:

Won't be an isolated case. Imagine the shenanigans that may be happening all over. Who knows how bad it actually is

Yeah. Wish it was different but I can't say I'm surprised. This is just how many people are. Meeting targets so you can make your superior happy is #1 priority and people will underhand sh*t to get it done. 

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

This is getting worse. Two of the team mates who work for other vendor lost their father and mother respectively to corona in past 2 weeks

More update on this: His father was on ventilator and getting better . suddenly there was a power cut yesterday and after power came up also ..for some reason ventilator did not start it seems...and he collapsed after sometime.

43 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

More update on this: His father was on ventilator and getting better . suddenly there was a power cut yesterday and after power came up also ..for some reason ventilator did not start it seems...and he collapsed after sometime.

Oh man. Thats f**ked up in more ways than one.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, Sach4life said:

So, my father got tested for COVID yesterday. He has been in isolation for 6 days now as he has been experiencing mild fever. Currently, his temperature hovers around 98.9-99.2. Oxygen level is fine. Hopefully, no other symptoms appear.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

also if it’s a seasonal flu than even heard immunity can’t save the high risk individuals cos they can catch it 2 or even 10 years down the line 

I am among the high risk individuals :nerves:Have been holed up for months and have rarely gone out. But this is getting worse each day :( 

1 hour ago, adity said:

Wtf don't hospitals have backup generators? That's irresponsible as hell. 

Yeah they have but somehow the ventilator didn't start. Many hospitals have additional ventilators now, but I don't think they tested running all of them on generator.

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Oh man. Thats f**ked up in more ways than one.

Yes it is really sad. He has been offline from 5 days so I knew something was wrong, and today I got the news.

27 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Covid has entered my friend circle now :( One of friend and his daughter (2 y/o) has fever and has tested positive. Weirdly his wife tested negative. I guess completely asymptomatic.  

Really sad. Hope they recover quickly.

8 hours ago, AnK said:

Cases obviously can’t go down now 

it will keep on rising until heard immunity kicks in & for that entire country or after world travel begins again,entire world population’s 65-80% population has been infected 

also if it’s a seasonal flu than even heard immunity can’t save the high risk individuals cos they can catch it 2 or even 10 years down the line 

the only answer is a seasonal vaccine that gets an update every year 

Herd immunity doesn't work as people are getting infeced again after 3 months I think. And cases are going down in other parts of the world.

8 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

Herd immunity doesn't work as people are getting infeced again after 3 months I think. And cases are going down in other parts of the world.

Depends where you're looking. In places like France, Uk , UAE cases are going up after completely flattening the curve and even making new record high's. 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Can't have a second wave if the first one never goes. Btw are we officially in community transmission?

9 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

Can't have a second wave if the first one never goes. Btw are we officially in community transmission?

Community? 

We are in country transmission mode now.. 

33 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

f**k. Entire world's economy will crumble due to 2nd lockdown