The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

27 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Holy sh*t

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/amaravati/andhra-pradesh-thousands-throng-krishnapatnam-village-for-availing-miraculous-ayurvedic-cure-for-covid-19/amp_articleshow/82826250.cms

"The confirmation by the official committee, which investigated the medicine preparation by Anandaiah and also noticed oxygen saturation levels going up from 85 to 95 within a few minutes of administration of the eye drops containing the herbal medicine, seemed to have prompted people on oxygen support to rush to the village."

Our company is doing first drive of covid vaccination for employees on Monday. Tied up with Apollo hospital for covidshield. I unfortunately can't register as I am in HQ or atleast would have got first dose on Monday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Our company is doing first drive of covid vaccination for employees on Monday. Tied up with Apollo hospital for covidshield. I unfortunately can't register as I am in HQ or atleast would have got first dose on Monday.

Didnt get why you are being denied one?

11 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Didnt get why you are being denied one?

I am in home quarantine for 17 days so can't step out of my house. I did test negative yesterday though.

They should hopefully have next one soon.

“It’s okay if I die, but we can’t afford the bill,” Harishchandra Dhaware said to his wife, Jayashree, two days before his death. The 48-year-old journalist’s health had turned critical due to Covid-19 and he had been put on a ventilator. Even then, his concern was not for his own life. Instead, he was worried about the hospital bills. “He fought with me and burst into tears,” remembers Jayashree, 38. “He insisted on going home.”

Twenty years as a journalist didn’t count for much when the coronavirus infected Harishchandra in late March 2021. His job made him more vulnerable. A reporter working since early 2001 for news outlets in Maharashtra’s Osmanabad district, Harishchandra’s last job was with the Marathi daily Rajdharma . “He was reporting on the second wave of Covid-19. He attended press conferences and was often out on the field,” says Jayashree. “We would worry every time he stepped out. He had high sugar [diabetes] and blood pressure. But he said he had to do his job.”

On March 22, Dhaware started showing Covid symptoms – body ache and fever. “When his health didn’t improve, we took him to the Civil Hospital in town,” says Jayashree. He was admitted after he tested postive. “The facilities were not great there, and his progress wasn’t satisfactory,” adds Jayashree. So on March 31, the family decided to move him to a private hospital in Solapur, 60 kilometres away. After spending six days there, Dhaware died on the morning of April 6.

The hospital presented a bill of Rs. 4 lakhs. Harishchandra's monthly salary at the time of his death was Rs. 4000. Jayashree, after his death, sold her gold jewellery for Rs. 1 lakh. “Relatives loaned me some amount. Journalists in Osmanabad contributed [Rs. 20,000] and helped me a bit,” she says. “But we have lost the only earning member of the family, and I don’t know how to repay the debt.”

In Maharashtra, however, despite protests and appeals to the state government – by some cabinet ministers too – Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has not included journalists in the priority category.

The situation is worse for journalists like Jadhav. “If you are in Mumbai or Delhi, your voice counts. What have news channels and papers done to protect their reporters in rural areas in these times? How many editors have reassured their reporters? How many have campaigned for their vaccination on priority basis?” he asks. “Reporters in rural areas hardly get a decent salary. What will happen to their children if they die?”

https://ruralindiaonline.org/en/articles/rural-reporters-losing-lives-without-a-voice/

f**king terrible :(