Dead Space

Heaven Angel

11 hours ago, SuperT said:

Is the Riffle any good later on ? It is pretty sh&t compared to the plasma cutter right now (3hrs in). Should I just stick to the plasma cutter ? 

Plasma can carry you entire game.. If you don't like any gun don't use it and send it to storage.. you will only receive ammo of those guns which you carry in inventory in this game..

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Plasma can carry you entire game.. If you don't like any gun don't use it and send it to storage.. you will only receive ammo of those guns which you carry in inventory in this game..

Yeah Plasma is OP. Riffle is good to take out those baby creatures with the grenades, one grenade to their tentacles wipes them out. But yeah, I guess I need to send the gun to the storage because I keep getting Riffle ammo and I am always short on the Plasma.  

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it. Brilliant experience. The atmosphere and music :wub: 

Definitely a lot more scary than RE series specially when it comes to jump scares. The story is also pretty decent. The only minor complaint is that some tasks get repetitive at times and there could have been more enemy variety but all in all a superb experience.

Honestly, much better than many RE games or other survival horror games and very close to RE7 in terms of atmosphere. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, SuperT said:

Finished it. Brilliant experience. The atmosphere and music :wub: 

Definitely a lot more scary than RE series specially when it comes to jump scares. The story is also pretty decent. The only minor complaint is that some tasks get repetitive at times and there could have been more enemy variety but all in all a superb experience.

Honestly, much better than many RE games or other survival horror games and very close to RE7 in terms of atmosphere. 

How would you compare this vs re4 remake?

16 hours ago, RV1709 said:

How would you compare this vs re4 remake?

DS is more scary specially when it comes to jump scares and environment. 

Both the games look amazing but if I had to pick one I would pick RE4 Remake because it is overall a more fun experience. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, b!T said:

So question, I have very fond memory of playing the OG DS. Is it a good idea to play this if I liked that one a lot? Does this change a lot of things?

Yes.

It’s a ground up remake with fresh technology & a deeper lore with more dialogues.

Overall design & feel is still the same.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, b!T said:

So question, I have very fond memory of playing the OG DS. Is it a good idea to play this if I liked that one a lot? Does this change a lot of things?

Ofcourse.

Its almost 1:1 remake but some boss fights have been tweaked and levels are interconnected. New alt fires on weapons too

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

This is my personal fav game this year, the sound design , atmosphere is top tier. Some jumpscares are bangers. Please play

But IMO it shouldn’t be nominal for GOTY.

It’s far too 1:1 to be called an original effort.

RE4 might be a different case.

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Yes.

It’s a ground up remake with fresh technology & a deeper lore with more dialogues.

Overall design & feel is still the same.

2 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Ofcourse.

Its almost 1:1 remake but some boss fights have been tweaked and levels are interconnected. New alt fires on weapons too

28 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

This is my personal fav game this year, the sound design , atmosphere is top tier. Some jumpscares are bangers. Please play

Thanks, Will play this after I am done with Dead Island 2.

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

But IMO it shouldn’t be nominal for GOTY.

It’s far too 1:1 to be called an original effort.

RE4 might be a different case.

i mean they did it so so well , using all the new tech , when other companies are just ripping off under the name of remasters.

GOTY for me this year is a challange man, Lies of P, Dead Space Remake , Star wars , and now playing spider man 2. Such a great year.

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

i mean they did it so so well , using all the new tech , when other companies are just ripping off under the name of remasters.

GOTY for me this year is a challange man, Lies of P, Dead Space Remake , Star wars , and now playing spider man 2. Such a great year.

I was skeptical earlier but now I think this year really dethroned 2007. So many great games and I am yet to play most of them.

• Like 2