The Cricket Thread

AtheK

Just now, AnK said:

Also Jio is much cheaper & even free for lot of ppl.

Match is free for everyone even without jio sim. World Cup was also free for everyone.

And these are number of views, not viewers. Number of views in final was 35 crore I read somewhere.

Prasidh has always been a sh*t bowler. No matter the format. When you can't bowl a single ball on stumps in death over when batsman are trying to hit everything then you aren't even club level. 

Once again Tilak and Jaiswal didn't bowl a single over. Same old story with Indian cricket. Selectors, management and captain living in LA LA land. 

Ishan Kishan is a grade A chutiyaa. Unnecessary stumping appeal after collecting ball in front of stumps like a baboon, and that led to umpire viewing it in replay and giving a no ball, and then letting 4 byes go. He should never be Indian keeper. And Prasidh should never bowl for India. Garbage bowler 

10 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Ishan Kishan is a grade A chutiyaa. Unnecessary stumping appeal after collecting ball in front of stumps like a baboon, and that led to umpire viewing it in replay and giving a no ball, and then letting 4 byes go. He should never be Indian keeper. And Prasidh should never bowl for India. Garbage bowler 

Does this mean that we don't have enough good fast bowlers as a backup apart from the trio or he is getting the preference. I was also shocked when Prasidh was named as the backup bowler in WC. I'd hopes with Arshdeep when he was introduced to international cricket, was even doing some good bowling but now he has also became bakwas bowler.

11 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Such masterful innings cut short by pathetic umpiring. 

And people compare him with Kohli all the time. Sachin along with Lara was perhaps most technically correct batsman with lots of aggression. 

If there was DRS in most of his career he would have a lot more centuries. Especially against that blind Ahole Steve bucknor.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Does this mean that we don't have enough good fast bowlers as a backup apart from the trio or he is getting the preference. I was also shocked when Prasidh was named as the backup bowler in WC. I'd hopes with Arshdeep when he was introduced to international cricket, was even doing some good bowling but now he has also became bakwas bowler.

Mukesh bowled well in 1st game. He has developed his death bowling since I last saw him in IPL. More importantly he bowled yorkers and stump to stump line. I seriously believe if you are a good bowler you must have the skill to bowl at stumps in death. Only idiots keep doing outside off tactic which won't give a wicket unless batsman gifts it.

Arshdeep has same issue. Doesn't bowl at stumps now like he used to when he came on the scene. I don't know what kinda coaching these guys are getting but it's rubbish. 

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Ishan shouldn't be in team. I have said it before. His keeping is below par. In batting he starts too slowly in t20 and when power play ends he struggles against spin. Plus his off side play is limited. All he does is to slog on leg side. Unless he covers his weakness he shouldnt be in World cup team but then selectors and management are morons so..

52 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

And people compare him with Kohli all the time. Sachin along with Lara was perhaps most technically correct batsman with lots of aggression. 

If there was DRS in most of his career he would have a lot more centuries. Especially against that blind Ahole Steve bucknor.

That inning (though short) is a gem. I can't see anyone in today's time play like that on a pitch like that.

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

People are dumb :P

Walsh, Ambrose, Warne, McGrath, Wasim, Waqar, Lee, Akhtar, Murali.

There is not even a single bowler close to the skill of these bowlers in last 10-12 years, Sachin Lara are on another level. No Batting friendly rules, no rest time, no pressure of being a lone man army in a team of 11.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AtheK said:

There is not even a single bowler close to the skill of these bowlers in last 10-12 years, Sachin Lara are on another level. No Batting friendly rules, no rest time, no pressure of being a lone man army in a team of 11.

Speaking of batting pitches, rules etc.

Our top 3 odi bowlers are averaging 22-23 in odi's

which makes me question ! are our bowlers better than 90's bowers?

Edited by SRINI87

1 hour ago, SRINI87 said:

Speaking of batting pitches, rules etc.

Our top 3 odi bowlers are averaging 22-23 in odi's

which makes me question ! are our bowlers better than 90's bowers?

skill level wise some of the bowlers definitely are. Its just that the batting conditions, bats, 2 ball rule etc favour the batsman so much that bowlers are hardly in the game. Yet still bumrahs stats are as good as any from the bowlers of yesteryear. Had he played in the 90-00’s he would have ended up as an all time great. 

10 hours ago, Sach4life said:

That inning (though short) is a gem. I can't see anyone in today's time play like that on a pitch like that.

Who would like to play on that pitch against Ambrose. He looked unplayable and yet Sachin played him with well. If not for blind umpire Sachin might have made more on that minefield.

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

You forgot Dale Steyn.

That 2011 battle in SA against Steyn was magnificent. Steyn was literally breathing fire in that test match. I am fortunate to see Sachin and Lara from their debuts to their retirement. And they both used to bring out their best against Aussies. 

• Like 1