CG Magazine - 10/10

ScreenRant - 10/10
VGC - 5/5
VG247 - 5/5
GamesHub - 5/5 
ComicBook - 5/5

SkillUp - *Very Strongly Recommends*

Currently 97 on Meta 

"Tears of the Kingdom could end up being one of the best games ever made, with unparalleled exploration that offers freedom and creativity on a scale never before seen."

5nrHHW0.png

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

I really don't understand the reviews and scores. I tried BOTW once (gave it like 10+ hours) but found it boring. The open world was really bland and the combat is also sub-par. Seeing the same kind of reviews for a sequel which largely looks the same albeit expanded makes me wonder, am I out of touch or what?

14 minutes ago, Aloy said:

I really don't understand the reviews and scores. I tried BOTW once (gave it like 10+ hours) but found it boring. The open world was really bland and the combat is also sub-par. Seeing the same kind of reviews for a sequel which largely looks the same albeit expanded makes me wonder, am I out of touch or what?

Nothing unusual here. Mario and Zelda are celebrated franchises and get favoured treatment. If you played it and didn't enjoy it, you know. I also thought Twilight Princess was ridiculous. 

Though I liked this game in one of the videos. Looked very cool. Will get Switch 2 for it.

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

we2Qkz5.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Nothing unusual here. Mario and Zelda are celebrated franchises and get favoured treatment.

Yeah, that’s exactly why the last Zelda and Mario games sold 30 million copies (each). 

:doh:

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

It’s almost like a massive open world with sandbox elements where the game asks too much from the player. 

It can be too tiring to put in that much time for sure and if you didn’t like Botw, you’ll probably not like this as well. 

Edited by Vamos

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

You need to spend time with BOTW. I found it tedious initially too and left. 

Picked it up a second time and stayed with it. Ended up spending 200 hrs plus in it. Best game ever.

47 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Nothing unusual here. Mario and Zelda are celebrated franchises and get favoured treatment. If you played it and didn't enjoy it, you know. I also thought Twilight Princess was ridiculous. 

Though I liked this game in one of the videos. Looked very cool. Will get Switch 2 for it.

15 minutes ago, Vamos said:

It’s almost like a massive open world with sandbox elements where the game asks too much from the player. 

It can be too tiring to put in that much time for sure and if you didn’t like Botw, you’ll probably not like this as well. 

Yeah It's probably that. Open world games demand too much. I kind of left HFW after 5 or so hours for the same reason, too much running around and long downtimes. I will definitely give BOTW another try though.  I feel out of spot with all the hype around this franchise. Heck, I bought a switch specially because of BOTW.

24 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Just watch the conclusion 33.00 onwards. What a great game ???

He can literally sell me any game with his reviews. 

Now I’m waiting for Dunkey’s video. :P

• Like 1

I might start this today. Saw DF's review and it certainly has fixed somethings I didn't like about BOTW which includes varied places to explore and not just roaming in the landscapes of Hyrule. Crafting mechanic, at least to some extent, addresses issues I had with weapon breaking. Lets see how much it makes a difference while playing. Will report back on Monday, hopefully I have put in enough time by then.

16 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

cb8.jpg

26 minutes ago, harjas said:

cb8.jpg

Wut? 

That's the reality of it. 

Check this review, he isn't even discussing the game, it's good or bad design choices. Just praising it to high heavens. 

If this were in hindi, all you would hear is 

Bahut badhia hai...

Bahut achha hai ... 

Repeat ad nauseum.