Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

32 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I  guess it would also depend on how much they netted. 10mil+ would mean nothing if they spent comparatively more for shipping the game.  

Doubt they spent more. The bend team are very small and at best were just above 100+ during the final stage. No way she my didn't make a huge profit of it. 

I’m totally expecting the sequel to be on ice for a few more years. Word of mouth was really good for this game and Sony would be idiots not to capitalise on it

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

This is the company that refuses to acknowledge Bloodborne despite the game trending on twitter every week.

I litreally see people going nuts when a remake/remaster is allowed but its not bloodborne. 

Also a lot of people daily complain on twitter for this not getting a 60fps patch.

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Only sony idiotas would kill a 10+ mill seller because it got poor press reception. 

I don’t think they will kill it. 

Sony evidently is more interested in making all their studios alternate between franchises. 

PS3 gen they had all their studios working on same franchises back to back & it didn’t really work well. 

Since ND & Insomniac started alternating development,it has worked wonders. 

I want even SuckerPunch to make an Infamous game instead of going straight away to GoT 2. 

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Only sony idiotas would kill a 10+ mill seller because it got poor press reception. 

I guess MC is more important to Sony but the way this game was able to turn itself around, sell so much over time is commendable 

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

This is the company that refuses to acknowledge Bloodborne despite the game trending on twitter every week.

They can’t really do anything about it. 

It’s not like they can have another studio work on the sequel….they know it’ll just fall out flat. 

They can’t remaster (or even patch) coz the source code is not with them. 

Remake is the only option they have & they just got done with Demon’s,need to give it a bit time to roll out same genre game. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

They can’t really do anything about it. 

It’s not like they can have another studio work on the sequel….they know it’ll just fall out flat. 

They can’t remaster (or even patch) coz the source code is not with them. 

Remake is the only option they have & they just got done with Demon’s,need to give it a bit time to roll out same genre game. 

Its a first party game with engine developed with Japan Studio. Of course the source code is with them. People with hacked PS4s have unlocked 60fps and variable resolution option. You don't need source code to do a simple 4K/60 unlock for Pro/PS5.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its a first party game with engine developed with Japan Studio. Of course the source code is with them. People with hacked PS4s have unlocked 60fps and variable resolution option. You don't need source code to do a simple 4K/60 unlock for Pro/PS5.

You need official permission from the source code owner to tamper & release an official software patch. 

Ppl doing it locally don’t need that. 

Also I don’t think engine had anything to do with Japan Studios. 
They used & again used same engine for Dark Soul games….I don’t think Sony would have allowed it if engine was co-developed. 

Japan Studio was most likely support staff as From was working on Bloodborne & Dark Souls 3 simultaneously. 

Also I don’t really know what their internal terms or arrangements were,I’m just assuming. 

As it makes no sense why Sony will patch/upgrade all their games for PS4pro & now PS5(even Death Stranding which had similar arrangement). 

Just not this one game,despite repeated requests. 

FromSoftware on the other hand patched DS3 for Pro. 

Edited by AnK

The upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima has to be most convoluted piece of sh*t I have ever seen in my 20+ years as a gamer.

I bought the Ghost of Tshushima PS4 Director's Cut copy from Amazon (discount) and decided to install it last night. I was wondering if there was a way to directly install the PS5 version (like with Miles Morales) by downloading from PS Store with the disc in the system. 

Every time I tried navigating to the store, I was repeatedly prompted to pay for the upgrade. Mind you, this is not the 10$ upgrade, but the upgrade to PS4 Director's Cut that costs 2k+. I was extremely confused and thought it might be because of a different region disc and went on a wild goose chase to figure out the region of my disc. I even thought Amazon duped me by giving a normal edition with a sticker on top (which didn't make sense because the game banner with the disc inserted used the newer yellow color scheme, but didn't say anything about the edition being the Director's cut).

After a good 2+ hours of searching around, I found out that the only way to upgrade is to install the game, then launch it and navigate to PS Store in-game (you get a prompt at the top right corner that's easy to miss). Once you do this, you'll be taken a PS Store page that is exclusively visible via this in-game prompt from where you can shell out 800 odd bucks for the PS5 upgrade. Once you do this, the PS5 Director's edition copy becomes a "Free" product to claim from the PS Store. You'll have to claim it, uninstall your PS4 copy of the game and then reinstall the PS5 edition.

Abso-f**king-lutely pathetic

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

The upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima has to be most convoluted piece of sh*t I have ever seen in my 20+ years as a gamer.

I bought the Ghost of Tshushima PS4 Director's Cut copy from Amazon (discount) and decided to install it last night. I was wondering if there was a way to directly install the PS5 version (like with Miles Morales) by downloading from PS Store with the disc in the system. 

Every time I tried navigating to the store, I was repeatedly prompted to pay for the upgrade. Mind you, this is not the 10$ upgrade, but the upgrade to PS4 Director's Cut that costs 2k+. I was extremely confused and thought it might be because of a different region disc and went on a wild goose chase to figure out the region of my disc. I even thought Amazon duped me by giving a normal edition with a sticker on top (which didn't make sense because the game banner with the disc inserted used the newer yellow color scheme, but didn't say anything about the edition being the Director's cut).

After a good 2+ hours of searching around, I found out that the only way to upgrade is to install the game, then launch it and navigate to PS Store in-game (you get a prompt at the top right corner that's easy to miss). Once you do this, you'll be taken a PS Store page that is exclusively visible via this in-game prompt from where you can shell out 800 odd bucks for the PS5 upgrade. Once you do this, the PS5 Director's edition copy becomes a "Free" product to claim from the PS Store. You'll have to claim it, uninstall your PS4 copy of the game and then reinstall the PS5 edition.

Welcome to sony's pathetic and third world game update systmes. Hope your save files worked because mine never did on days gone.

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Welcome to sony's pathetic and third world game update systmes. Hope your save files worked because mine never did on days gone.

Never played much of the OG game but I was able to migrate without any issues. Didn't launch the game to test though. Spent all of my gaming time figuring out the installation sh*t :ack:

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Why was that?!? 
It’s the same PS4 port. 

Asking coz I haven’t started it & will only do on PS5 if there is a transfer issue?!? 

Never figured it out man, played on disc and then got digital tried multiple region accounts tried that software which switches save files region and every possible sh*t . DID NOT WORK.

12 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Never figured it out man, played on disc and then got digital tried multiple region accounts tried that software which switches save files region and every possible sh*t . DID NOT WORK.

Oh I got it. 

If it’s different region then switching accounts locally will never work. 

Never heard about these region switch softwares either…I guess they don’t work either.

Basically if you try to continue with a different region SKU you just can’t.

You screwed. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Oh I got it. 

If it’s different region then switching accounts locally will never work. 

Never heard about these region switch softwares either…I guess they don’t work either.

Basically if you try to continue with a different region SKU you just can’t.

You screwed. 

No but I literally had the same region as my primary account and that should have worked but it did not

also region switch softwares do work ?

38 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

if you re-sell discs, the easiest and cheapest way to play GoT DC is to get the PS5 disc, play and sell at a net cost of ₹500-800

PS4 DC on a PS5 includes this upgrading hassle and a non-recoverable cost of ₹800 along with net cost of ₹300-500 on re-selling the PS4 disc

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

if you re-sell discs, the easiest and cheapest way to play GoT DC is to get the PS5 disc, play and sell at a net cost of ₹500-800

PS4 DC on a PS5 includes this upgrading hassle and a non-recoverable cost of ₹800 along with net cost of ₹300-500 on re-selling the PS4 disc

I got the game for 1750 bucks. Even if I add 800 bucks on top, it tops out around 2500-2600 bucks. Much cheaper than the used copies retailing now and hence decided to go for it. I've already bought and sold the OG GoT, so planning to hold on to this one. 

My brother managed to play the base PS4 game on the PS5 and I was in no mood to play the game, so decided to sell it off. I'll just end up buying the PS5 directors cut when it becomes dirt cheap and not have to go through all this upgrade drama. :P