Jump to content

Marvel’s Avengers


Heaven Angel
 Share

Recommended Posts

OpenCritic 75 | 69% Critics Recommend

 

:roflroll:

  • OK multiplayer stitched onto a great campaign
  • Crystal Dynamics' take on the Avengers characters and the story therein is compelling, but live service aspects get in the way.
  • When Avengers isn't getting in the way of itself with its tacked-on campaign, it's a bit of silly arcade fun. If a lot of these concerns are answered via post-launch patches and the DLC characters are fun to play, there's plenty of room for improvement with Avengers. At launch, it's not going to wow everyone. Maybe Marvel wanted this out as soon as possible, but it could have used another delay.
  • Past its flaws and behind the grind, Marvel's Avengers is still a fun superhero brawler that has plenty of room to grow in the coming months.
  • You come to Marvel's Avengers to play their campaign and leave it a few hours later, fed up with repeating tedious missions just to get that gear or skin that you think you need.
  • Whether players will be quite as enthusiastic after repeating the same mission objectives for the hundredth time, just in a slightly different location (that still lacks any personality or sense of place) we’ll have to see. But at the moment we can’t help wishing this was a considerably smaller game with fewer heroes and a lot more villains.
  • The missions haven't been incredibly inspiring so far, but I'm hopeful that as my team grows and the challenges build, so will the variety in enemies.

Wait for sale material / play SP and sell on console. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought it mainly to play SP

Few hours into the campaign its pretty good,

the game starts to lose its pacing with the forced looter shooter tutorials like go to this vendor for upgrades and buy chaddi baniyan from that vendor🙄 I was like just let me play the story ffs, 

The performance on Xbox one x is great, didn't notice any drops, playing on Resolution mode 4k 30fps.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

OpenCritic 75 | 69% Critics Recommend

 

:roflroll:

  • OK multiplayer stitched onto a great campaign
  • Crystal Dynamics' take on the Avengers characters and the story therein is compelling, but live service aspects get in the way.
  • When Avengers isn't getting in the way of itself with its tacked-on campaign, it's a bit of silly arcade fun. If a lot of these concerns are answered via post-launch patches and the DLC characters are fun to play, there's plenty of room for improvement with Avengers. At launch, it's not going to wow everyone. Maybe Marvel wanted this out as soon as possible, but it could have used another delay.
  • Past its flaws and behind the grind, Marvel's Avengers is still a fun superhero brawler that has plenty of room to grow in the coming months.
  • You come to Marvel's Avengers to play their campaign and leave it a few hours later, fed up with repeating tedious missions just to get that gear or skin that you think you need.
  • Whether players will be quite as enthusiastic after repeating the same mission objectives for the hundredth time, just in a slightly different location (that still lacks any personality or sense of place) we’ll have to see. But at the moment we can’t help wishing this was a considerably smaller game with fewer heroes and a lot more villains.
  • The missions haven't been incredibly inspiring so far, but I'm hopeful that as my team grows and the challenges build, so will the variety in enemies.

Wait for sale material / play SP and sell on console. 

Nice. Will play once on Ps Plus :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dylanjosh said:

Oh man so it sounds like all the GAAS was forced into the game by some exec. CD actually made a good core SP campaign. 

No one's gonna pay $60 for a 10 hour game. Should've made a SP game or committed to the GaaS aspect. They half assed both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Matchmaking in campaign doesn't work
  • Matchmaking in MP will usually only yield 1 of 3 people
  • Quickplay doesn't actually work
  • Inventory locker does not work
  • Crafting a skin pattern will more often then not just eat your materials
  • Buying skins off vendors will occasionally just eat your materials
  • Mission critical npc's will fall through the map forcing a restart
  • When you do load with someone in MP they can sit afk till the end and get the rewards(no auto kick or vote to kick)
  • Last campaign mission infinite load screen
  • Multiplayer mission infinite load screen
  • Massive frame dips, especially in performance mode(single digit on pro consoles on final mission)
  • Players can quit your session and your stuck with underdeveloped AI(prior to loading to destination and you're stuck loading to just quit)
  • Infinitely falling through the helicarrier
  • Harder difficulties is jump unblockable sh*t spam
  • Sometimes the menu just randomly changes your difficulties
  • Hair on characters just bugs out and sometimes goes missing
  • Lip synch out of whack in many non-CS dialogue
  • Daily and weekly missoons not awarding progress
  • Mandatory loading into the helicarrier rather then just select mission is unnecessary
  • All mp players have to open chest and one at a time
  • No way to ping chest or objective
  • No way to tell AI companions to do even rudimentary tasks
  • Breakable walls and hackables and people can't do either

:roflroll:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
  • Matchmaking in campaign doesn't work
  • Matchmaking in MP will usually only yield 1 of 3 people
  • Quickplay doesn't actually work
  • Inventory locker does not work
  • Crafting a skin pattern will more often then not just eat your materials
  • Buying skins off vendors will occasionally just eat your materials
  • Mission critical npc's will fall through the map forcing a restart
  • When you do load with someone in MP they can sit afk till the end and get the rewards(no auto kick or vote to kick)
  • Last campaign mission infinite load screen
  • Multiplayer mission infinite load screen
  • Massive frame dips, especially in performance mode(single digit on pro consoles on final mission)
  • Players can quit your session and your stuck with underdeveloped AI(prior to loading to destination and you're stuck loading to just quit)
  • Infinitely falling through the helicarrier
  • Harder difficulties is jump unblockable sh*t spam
  • Sometimes the menu just randomly changes your difficulties
  • Hair on characters just bugs out and sometimes goes missing
  • Lip synch out of whack in many non-CS dialogue
  • Daily and weekly missoons not awarding progress
  • Mandatory loading into the helicarrier rather then just select mission is unnecessary
  • All mp players have to open chest and one at a time
  • No way to ping chest or objective
  • No way to tell AI companions to do even rudimentary tasks
  • Breakable walls and hackables and people can't do either

:roflroll:

Omg :roflroll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We say that every time and yet someone everyone fails to watch. :rofl:

 

Destiny - hope they don't repeat same mistakes -> D2 garbage launch 

Division 2 - hope they don't repeat same mistakes -> repeat same mistakes

Anthem - hope they learn from other online games and not make mistakes -> garbage launch and abandoned 

Fallout 76 - hope they learn from other online games and not make mistakes -> garbage buggy broken cash grab 

Avengers - hope they learn from other online games and not make mistakes -> broken buggy garbage launch

 

Good thing Gotham Knights and Suicide Squads aren't GaaS type games (at least for now) and just SP co-op game. 

 

Halo Infinite is what next up. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. But as much as people like to sh*t on destiny it was polished as F even on day 1 and not just destiny 2 but even D1. 

 

Have to give Bungo props to maintaining high standard regardless how game launched. They stayed and changed the game. 

 

Out of all online games, Destiny 2 is most alive and developed over the years extremely well. They even decided to support the game for 3 more years than make D3 and re-start again. I love it. I don't like when online games die after a year or 2 just so they can make copy-paste into new game.

 

The game is so highly polished, amazing artwork, fantastic music, awesome gunplay, not buggy compared to other online titles. All paid currency is only for cosmetics too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

Have to give Bungo props to maintaining high standard regardless how game launched. They stayed and changed the game. 

 

Out of all online games, Destiny 2 is most alive and developed over the years extremely well. They even decided to support the game for 3 more years than make D3 and re-start again. I love it. I don't like when online games die after a year or 2 just so they can make copy-paste into new game.

 

The game is so highly polished, amazing artwork, fantastic music, awesome gunplay, not buggy compared to other online titles. All paid currency is only for cosmetics too.  

I think Destiny was f**ked because of Activision. Obviously Bungie also had a hand but I think the current model of having a massive game with continuous improvements was always Bungie's visions rather than launching a new game every 2 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, adity said:

I think Destiny was f**ked because of Activision. Obviously Bungie also had a hand but I think the current model of having a massive game with continuous improvements was always Bungie's visions rather than launching a new game every 2 years. 

 

World  of Warcraft has been doing this since 2004

Still going strong, with new expansions :rofl:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

World  of Warcraft has been doing this since 2004

Still going strong, with new expansions :rofl:

 

MMORPG games are different and having sub fee with expansion is best way to go... WoW is pinnacle of a game. 

 

46 minutes ago, adity said:

I think Destiny was f**ked because of Activision. Obviously Bungie also had a hand but I think the current model of having a massive game with continuous improvements was always Bungie's visions rather than launching a new game every 2 years. 

 

The game wasn't making enough money for Activision so they moved out. 

 

Current Destiny state is easily best. Bungie has full control. Free/paid seasons, free content, regular events, live game feeling alive, no shitty DLC like CoS or Warmind, yearly expansion, cosmetics making into gameplay and not just paid game not recycled every 2 years, etc,.

 

So much better. Yes, with Activision we did get Menagerie which is still best 6 player activity outside raid but Bungie is improving in other places. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UK Sales Charts: Avengers at Number 1, But Sells Less Than a Third of What Spider-Man PS4 Managed

 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/uk_sales_charts_avengers_at_number_1_but_sells_less_than_a_third_of_what_spider-man_ps4_managed

 

 

But but .... Spidey is a flop superhero :rofl::giggle:

 

Spiderman as an exclusive character is a huge get for PlayStation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...