kmkaks

PlayStation and Xbox thread

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

It's not only about the resolution and fps is it? What if it has half the RAM, then it will affect vegetation density, NPC count etc. Devs will try to make sure the low power SKU version of the game is not significantly worse looking or performing, which will lead to limiting the overall output quality altogether. Unless there will be exclusives for Xbox Sex which won't work on low power SKU.

Well their games also need to be able to run on PCs, and most of them don't have more than 6-8 GB Vram. So even without Lockhart you'll have games hamstrung by minimum spec PCs.

The problem with the design is that it looks so bulky that it won't fit in most entertainment centers at all. There's no point if massive carpentry and rewiring is required just to fit that gigantic box in an entertainment center. It literally looks like a Woofer/Bulky Cabinet - which is generally kept in completely open area vertically. And that is just not suitable for a console.

And that name alone can kill the console. Many sales will be lost by MS - just because many people who do not follow gaming news will think this is an attachment to Xbox One X. Heck, forget attachment - they might just think this is just Xbox One X (Just a code name for a newer model manufactured in 2020) if they even bother to notice that there is a "Series" added in place of "One".

If even a gaming news site/reviewer like Easy Allies is confused, what can you expect of the normal gamer? It's not a good sign at all.

I am actually happy they didn't limit the capability by trying to cram it into a small box.

I think Lockhart will be smaller and a good option too.

Horizontally looking at the size it's very much like an original PS3 in length ,just a couple of inches bigger in terms of height. Depth I don't think should be a problem.

Some people just have to make a fuss I guess, rather than being excited about a new generation they just want to throw their fake concern about stuff. Let's wait and see how sleek the ps5 is, surely lot of people will take the L .

Edited by triggr happy ss
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, roun90 said:

And that name alone can kill the console. Many sales will be lost by MS - just because many people who do not follow gaming news will think this is an attachment to Xbox One X. Heck, forget attachment - they might just think this is just Xbox One X (Just a code name for a newer model manufactured in 2020) if they even bother to notice that there is a "Series" added in place of "One".

You think the x which retails for 400$ will be available with the Lockhart ( much more capable )for 300$?  

No way the x and s of this generation will be available on the shelves. They will disappear like the original Xbox one when the S launched,Just like it happens with the mobile phones.

I actually like the design a lot. Gives Corsair One type of feel but in a smaller footprint and for me I never think of hiding the console in entertainment unit, kinda looks good to me in the open and this might look great sitting on the console table with green glow on top.

Also, the "Series" in the name makes me think that it might indicate Anaconda and Lockhart Series and it will be called more than just Series X.

If Lockhart turns out to be 199$ or a bit more, that might be a no brainer for me as a person who doesn't keep a pc. Will allow me to play Xbox games with Xbox One X equivalent fidelity and have Ps5 on the side.

Edited by kunjanp

27 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

On the contrary, its always recommended to use consoles in an open, well ventilated area and not in cabinets.

I am not talking about closed cabinets. Nobody keeps any machinery in those. But an entertainment center does not include the entire room. The Space for the Series X will have to be extra-wide and extra-long, if you are keeping horizontally or vertically. And renovating the entire shelf is a pain, which requires carpentry + rewiring. You can only keep so many woofer type devices. You can't fill the room with them.

It's not like you can just remove the One S/X and just plug the Series X in the same HDMI Cable.

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

If Series X is 500$ to 600$ then damn. Its much better investment then PC coz there's no way you can build a PC for 600$ with those specs.

Rumours are it will include 1 year of Game pass as well and Lockhart 3 months of GP

Fingers crossed we can stack that on our existing game pass years.

21 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

You think the x which retails for 400$ will be available with the Lockhart ( much more capable )for 300$?  

No way the x and s of this generation will be available on the shelves. They will disappear like the original Xbox one when the S launched,Just like it happens with the mobile phones.

Current Gen (One S and X) will not disappear off the shelves. At least not for another 3-4 years or so. The same thing happened with PS2, PS3, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii and any other console you can think of. 3rd Party Games will also continue to be mostly cross-platform till at least 3-4 years. It takes that long to have a sizable install base to make exclusive development worth it for 3rd parties. And can you imagine the impact that name will have on sales for those 3 years?

Kid asks parent - please get me an Xbox X for birthday/Christmas/Topping Class/Whatever. Parent sees 2 Xbox X's on the shelf. One for $200-300 (Price will be coming down). And another X for $600. Now which console do you think the parent is likely to buy for that child/teen? And children and teenagers constitute a major segment of console players. Add to that adults who like to buy and play casual games (FIFA etc.) and do not keep up with console news. They see FIFA 2020 and 2021 on Xbox one X, and again see 2 Xbox X's on the shelf. Being confused, they just buy the cheaper option.

There is literally a case study for this with the Wii U (which failed miserably - one of the major reasons being that people confused it as an add-on to Wii)

And once unboxed/Seal is opened, store will not take back the console at full price as that will constitue "USED". So at the end of those 3 years - what will happen to the number of consoles sold? And I'm not even including those people who will not buy Xbox because games already come to PC or all other platforms due to XCloud.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

I am actually happy they didn't limit the capability by trying to cram it into a small box.

I think Lockhart will be smaller and a good option too.

Horizontally looking at the size it's very much like an original PS3 in length ,just a couple of inches bigger in terms of height. Depth I don't think should be a problem.

Some people just have to make a fuss I guess, rather than being excited about a new generation they just want to throw their fake concern about stuff. Let's wait and see how sleek the ps5 is, surely lot of people will take the L .

Ofcourse we are psivg.com, everything ps does is best here :p

I like the design, but all that is ok, what we need are games. They need two new ip which make people take notice just like first gears did, all the power is no good, till you have associated software. 

Ps: And I just sold my Xbox one x and ordered gears 5 limited edition today :lol:

Edited by AtheK