Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

6 hours ago, pArth said:

Anyone watched Raat akeli hai?

Reviews?

Just finished watching it, a very solid whodunnit. Doesn't feel stretched despite 149 min runtime and a return to form for Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He just won every scene he was in, the supporting cast wasn't great though. 

33 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Just finished watching it, a very solid whodunnit. Doesn't feel stretched despite 149 min runtime and a return to form for Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He just won every scene he was in, the supporting cast wasn't great though. 

Any abuses? Can be watched with family?

1 minute ago, dante77 said:
12 minutes ago, hope said:
Any abuses? Can be watched with family?

Not at all. Woman pics with boobs in the first 10 mins itself. Yet to watch the full movie. Will hopefully finish it by tonight!

Ah ok.

This trend i dont like. Hardly anything can be watched with family. Even Family man cant be watched with Family :lol:

34 minutes ago, hope said:

Ah ok.

This trend i dont like. Hardly anything can be watched with family. Even Family man cant be watched with Family :lol:

Mainly limited to these web series streaming type things.

Currently many films are coming to streaming platforms because "theater band because lockdown " and all, you can watch those.

Smut and filth sells, and perhaps many $$$$ are being spent to keep sarkar, censors and other Thekedars of Bhartiya Sanskriti blind to all these happenings :lol: , otherwise there would be censor board for even netflix, amazon  prime video etc, forcing them to tone down the smut and haram.

Then again without filth nobody would watch, and it would need the director/producer/writer to put more effort in better story, characters and all, woh to karna nahi hai :rofl: , smut is ez way out.

Really enjoyed Raat Akeli Hai. Nawazzuddin great as usual. Really liked the bantering between him and his mother. Everyone acted pretty well.

Had a chuckle when I saw Nawazzuddin and his senior together on screen the first time in movie. (Gangs of Wasseypur ki yaad aa gayi :lol: )

• Haha 1

Saw 'knives out'.  I was really intrigued with the movie when I first heard about it as a clever whodunit.  I had to wait since I couldn't find it on any streaming platform though.  Yesterday I happened to find it on Airtel xtream and finally got around to watching it.  It's really awesome with well rounded performances, but the plot wasn't as deep as I thought it would be.  It's entertaining no doubt, but the depth just isn't there.  Also it's not that difficult to guess, since there are clue given to the viewer every now and then.  I would say an overall entertaining watch, but not really along the lines of Agatha Christie mysteries as I expected it to be !

Edited by Ne0

13 hours ago, hope said:

Eh really? My family watched it, and they really liked it. I didn't watch it with them.

Would recommend watching Panchayat on Prime, it was great.

13 hours ago, adity said:

Your family needs to adapt, lol. 

13 hours ago, hope said:

Har do min mein hearing mc bc. No thank you :slap:

I was also worried about this, then I remembered we live in Delhi. 

56 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Eh really? My family watched it, and they really liked it. I didn't watch it with them.

Would recommend watching Panchayat on Prime, it was great.

Oh yes panchayat was great and can be watched with family. Same with Breathe. 

Raat Akeli Hai

It was a mixed bag experience. Started promisingly with the fast pace, went quite slow in the middle with some repetitive things, ended with a satisfactory conclusion. Acting was top notch from the supportive cast and no mistake this is a complete Nawazuddin Siddiqui movie. It's his brilliant performance which holds the movie together. I wish the script could have been a little better as the story was nothing new. Overall it's strictly one time watch.

Rating - 3.5/5

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mizanurification said:

You said u really liked Breathe S2 :bash:

Yes loved it totally. One of the best indian series. Hardly anything there was for Gaalis bro:P

Also started Jamtara. 5 episodes in. Very good watch.