Coronavirus

hope

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

. It will last at most a month or so, then we can eat all we want.

30 days is the least it will continue.

Another 45 days probably, possibly more. (Depends on a vaccine)

It's not magic that will eradicate just after lockdown, just look at the time it affected other countries way before us and still at large and India will of course last longer.

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

30 days is the least it will continue.

Another 45 days probably, possibly more. (Depends on a vaccine)

It's not magic that will eradicate just after lockdown, just look at the time it affected other countries way before us and still at large and India will of course last longer.

Yes, then I will have to step out to buy groceries and veggies, but by then government would have closed everything down because of overcrowding. Lets see how long we survive.

18 minutes ago, hope said:

You keep mentioning going here and there quite frequently. Order to your home dude.

Going to mandi is such a no no :bash: Stupid. 

Not everyone can afford online.

Especially now that big basket have stopped cash on delivery and paying 3-4 days in advance that too for expensive stuff and possibly delivery charges too is not digestible.

Edit to prevent double post

did one mistake today though, an insect got into the eye in the market and I rubbed the eyes to remove it :|

Edited by GunnerY2J

27 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Not proper Keto but low carb, as in less than 100 carbs a day. Its kinda hard to maintain strict Keto here for long periods of time. Also no refined carbs, so I'll make something like brown rice pudding or biryani etc. sh*t fills you up for days.

No fresh chicken, but supermarket is full of frozen ones that no one's buying. I asked the dude and he was like "le lo jitna chahiye sir, I'll bring another trolley if you want" :lol: 

Yep, Keto is very difficult to do for more than 2-3 months. And refined carb are WTG, whole food!

Try loading omelette with Chia and Sabja seeds. Both are near-neutral on carbs.

I was thinking of doing Paleo in May-June with Mangoes season coming in....but kaput now.

19 minutes ago, Banz said:

Not everyone has the means to stock up. You need enough space to store stuff for a month, and a big enough fridge that can keep things fresh for that long. Plus enough cash to buy all of that in one go. Most people lack one or more of these things.
Today is 10th of the month, the day when workers traditionally get paid. Everyone has got their salaries in their last week and a half only, so those who can stock up must be doing it right now.

Also you can buy one month of stock for foodgrains and pulses as there are enough reserves but that is not possible for fresh stuff like vegetables, meat, eggs, milk etc which are sold as they are produced. If people buy a month of stuff at one go, then a small portion of the people will have a month of stock, and the rest of the people will have nothing. Every week, only a week's worth of supply can come to the market. It is impossible for everybody to stock up for the future when supply is like this.

The chickens that most people will eat at the end of this month are too small right now; same for the the eggs which haven't been laid yet and the vegetables that are still in the field.

Frozen processed meat can last for months in a freezer, especially if its vacuum packed. Same with eggs, can last for over a month in fridge. 

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Frozen processed meat can last for months in a freezer, especially if its vacuum packed. Same with eggs, can last for over a month in fridge.  

You don't get my point. Eggs can last outside fridge for a long time too. There just aren't enough eggs in the market that everyone can buy a month's stock. 

Just now, Banz said:

You don't get my point. Eggs can last outside fridge for a long time too. There just aren't enough eggs in the market that everyone can buy a month's stock. 

Oh. I meant the old stock that you usually find in Dmart, Reliance etc. For some reason they're not sold out like other items, in fact they're piled up right to the limit. So for me its literally "one man's trash is other man's treasure".

51 minutes ago, Pushy said:

whats the news of Lockdown in Maharashtra? is it going to uplift on 14 or it's extended till April 30th?

Not sure about Maharashtra entirely but Mumbai, MMR and Pune district have the most cases so don't expect lockdown to be lifted on 14th in these regions.

I've been able to stock up on chicken, frozen meat and enough veggies for two weeks.

Big basket is able to deliver onions, potatoes and tomatoes at the same price that I pay at local veggies shop. Also purchased enough lentils, rice, flour etc till the end of the month.

All I need more are some eggs and bread of I can find em. I'll know tomorrow once I head out for a supply run.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Not everyone can afford online.

Especially now that big basket have stopped cash on delivery and paying 3-4 days in advance that too for expensive stuff and possibly delivery charges too is not digestible.

Edit to prevent double post

did one mistake today though, an insect got into the eye in the market and I rubbed the eyes to remove it :|

:doh:

We haven't gone for any supply since the 1st lockdown day.

Essentials via BigBasket (yes, payment is in advance, but their inventory management is pretty good, and most orders hardly have 1-2 items missing now), veggies and fruits get delivered via local shop, milk and bread via Country Delight. 

Only stepped out once for a hospital visit. 

For those who can afford it (read middle class and above), there's hardly a reason to step out in Tier 1 and 2 cities. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Essentials via BigBasket (yes, payment is in advance, but their inventory management is pretty good, and most orders hardly have 1-2 items missing now), veggies and fruits get delivered via local shop, milk and bread via Country Delight. 

For those who can afford it (read middle class and above), there's hardly a reason to step out in Tier 1 and 2 cities. 

This so much. 

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup, I spent a grand total of around 3K for my essentials since lockdown, around same price as a semi old second hand PS4 game that is being sold on TP. Big Basket has been a godsend in this lockdown. They are priced same as the vegetable shops in my area, and the quality of veggie was way better and even quantity seemed more. And now BB Daily has tied up with my society and they will deliver all non-milk items on a specific day in a week. No need to step out at all.

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

BB/Grocers has been showing no slots avb since day 1. 

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Yeah I can't get BB to deliver anything here. Luckily there's two MOREs and a Dmart within 5 min driving distance from where I live.

Looks like a Mumbai specific thing. 

Here in Noida (obv less population compared to Delhi/Mumbai), getting slots pretty easily (one after 3-4 days; heck just 3 days back got a slot for next day !). BB has increased their hiring multifold. 

I think even Delhi is doing fine with Grofers and BB.

Here, like Bangalore, Swiggy and Zomato have also started home delivery of essentials. 

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

BB/Grocers has been showing no slots avb since day 1. 

You have to look at specific times for BB slots. Snake also wasn't getting them till he tried early in morning. For me the slots opened up at 9-9:30 PM. We kept items added the cart and kept trying to checkout throughout the day every day till we figured out the timing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big Boss said:

You have to look at specific times for BB slots. Snake also wasn't getting them till he tried early in morning. For me the slots opened up at 9-9:30 PM. We kept items added the cart and kept trying to checkout throughout the day every day till we figured out the timing. 

Yeah, same. 

I add items, check multiple times a day, and order the moment I get a slot. 

Yeah. In Hyderabad bbdaily is delivering only milk. For others they accepted order only to cancel the night before. Estimation is very bad for them in Hyderabad. Shouldn't have opened slots if not sure of delivering. 

Did a supply run today to vijetha which started stocking up freshly after I finished billing and came out :| 

Felt like a battlefield for me with heighned senses, extraordinary focus on surroundings and a big question mark in mind all the way until you are back home taking a bath.