Coronavirus

hope

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

You have to look at specific times for BB slots. Snake also wasn't getting them till he tried early in morning. For me the slots opened up at 9-9:30 PM. We kept items added the cart and kept trying to checkout throughout the day every day till we figured out the timing. 

Did the exact same thing and stocked up on the groceries for a month. There is no issue for vegetables and fruits as local corporator is sending truck loaded with veggies and fruits once every week in our complex. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Looks like a Mumbai specific thing. 

Here in Noida (obv less population compared to Delhi/Mumbai), getting slots pretty easily (one after 3-4 days; heck just 3 days back got a slot for next day !). BB has increased their hiring multifold. 

I think even Delhi is doing fine with Grofers and BB.

Here, like Bangalore, Swiggy and Zomato have also started home delivery of essentials. 

In Delhi atleast in our apartments

we get 3 vegetable vendors/3 fruit vendors everyday who are either at the apartment gates or allowed inside for a short period of time.

and we have one harvest gold kart which gets us bread/milk/butter etc.

also we have a small General store in the apartment itself which gets stocked up with atta/rice/bread/butter/milk almost on a daily basis. So far it has been good.

Hats off to the guys putting their life in danger to get us all the stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, I know it's not the need of the hour.

Milk tea cannot be given up for sure by father, headache whole day if not tea and he would go to the market himself if I don't and he doesn't get huge stock either ,which I do get for like 5-6 days.

Plus small kids want what they want and when they want no matter what.

Stocking stuff from the market isn't being responsible either, if everyone buys what they need for 3-4 days in a controlled manner while taking precautions, all's good.

I definitely agree and also surprised though with the hard steps and precautions you all are taking and are right.

You should probably look into this new technology called 'tetra packs,' . I heard you can keep them unopened for 180 days from the manufacturing date...and almost 7 days in the fridge after opening.

Also,the steps other members are taking is necessary because every time you move out is an opportunity to get infected and get the infection home and spread to others.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Also,the steps other members are taking is necessary because every time you move out is an opportunity to get infected and get the infection home and spread to others.

I do agree, although still stocking is not the way to go and not for everybody.

And maybe if one takes the same precautions as the delivery guys, then  both approaches are fair.

The risk is definitely lower with online/home orders and prevents crowds which is the goal of the lockdown.

Could add some minor points but shouldn't post more 'negativity' after seeing so many opposite steps being taken rightly.

I was under the wrong impression.

Edited by GunnerY2J

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Dmart lines are crazy here. People still care about discounts more than their life. 

This is the biggest irony. Even near my place, there’s a grocery store who offers discounts. Its always crowded :doh: 

Problem with everyone is, they want life to be normal even at this hour. They want to eat and live the same way even during pandemic. We have no option now

From march 15th. i have gone out only twice to get essentials. Even though its available easily here everywhere. Went couple of days back and bought veggies for 300 rs. It will last us for 10 days easily.

Even m unable to get BB/Amazon/grofers slots. Its always full.

Here Grofers is open to taking orders for a day or two, then shuts down for 2-3 days while they fulfill the backlog of orders before opening for 1-2 days again. Bigbasket is not delivering to our city at all (maybe they never did). DMart has a huge outlet here but DMart Ready doesn't work here.

I am most likely going to make my next grocery order from my Grofers or my usual kiranawala, who takes orders on phone and keeps it ready. Normally he'd deliver it home, but now he doesn't have staff for that so we have to pick it up. As for vegetables and meat we have to go out once or maybe twice a week.

• Like 1

I am terrified of going out. Even for essentials I feel doomed stepping out. People dont get the cue. There is still no clarity on how this Virus spreads and suddenly there are requests from government to wear masks while stepping out. Even CDC previously informed that masks are not required unless infected only to issue an advisory later for wearing masks. 

I hope to somehow get out of this pandemic alive. I prepped early as I am extremely lazy when it comes to shopping so much that I buy provisons for 2 to 3 months normally and i shopped in Feb to only shop again in March once initial cases started coming out.

Been relying on Dunzo and Licious/FTH as Big basket, Supr Daily and Grofers are crap for not giving even one slot in 2 weeks. Thankfully BB Daily delivers so I dont step out for 3 to 4 days at a strech. At times my main door remains locked for 2 days straight and we eventually open it to put the trash out.

My dad on the otherhand :rant: 

60+ people are outta their minds.

Even before the lockdown, some people were hoarding things like crazy.

I was in MK and woman in front of me had bought 40-50 packs of Maggie Masala, She had many triple packs of Top Ramen and this wasn't enough, she also had 304 Hakka noodles.

Then other guy was on shopping spree for chips & namkeens, at least 30-40 bags of chips, all sort of namkins, the cart was a nothing short of a truck full of carbs.

When these guys emptied the shelves, there were other type of people who made Atta, Salt and Oil disappeared.
I was in Tata's Star Market, and it didn't have even one pack of Tata Salt left.

These people even wiped off things and brands they never ever buy.  Some of the Ghee brands which I have never seen anyone buying, were cleaned off. 

Edited by Right

12 minutes ago, Right said:

I was in MK and woman in front of me had bought 40-50 packs of Maggie Masala, She had many triple packs of Top Ramen and this wasn't enough, she also had 304 Hakka noodles.

Then other guy was on shopping spree for chips & namkeens, at least 30-40 bags of chips, all sort of namkins, the cart was a nothing short of a truck full of carbs.

When these guys emptied the shelves, there were other type of people who made Atta, Salt and Oil disappeared.
I was in Tata's Star Market, and it didn't have even one pack of Tata Salt left.

These people even wiped off things and brands they never ever buy.  Some of the Ghee brands which I have never seen anyone buying, were cleaned off. 

Prepping is one thing. Going batshit crazy is other. 

Thankfully i fall into frugal prepping. My bill didnt even exceed total 10k for both my major shopping. 

212 cases in Mumbai alone today.

And all  I’m seeing is people going about their lives as if there is nothing.

Entire Kandivali was out on road to buy Bhaaji. Not one policeman in sight.

Edited by Right

f**king people are crazy. Don't know what's crawled up their asses that they feel the need to leave the house for random sh*t and then crowd places. Had to yell at one lady to stop f**king picking things up from my shopping basket and then putting them back. Like god damn woman, it's a supermarket, look the f**k around. Don't rummage in my basket and definitely don't come near me. Here I am with gloves till my elbows and a FP3 mask and then there's this woman with no mask, no gloves rummaging through my basket while  I'm holding it. FFS. Smh. End rant.

• Haha 1

Kranti nagar is a slum/chawl area near Kandivali East Lokhandwala & entire Lokhandwala has already been turned into a containment zone, so these ppl are stupid beyond belief. The samta Nagar police chowki is also hardly 1-2 km away from that place. ??

21 minutes ago, Right said:

These people cannot eat potato sabji and daals for a month? Now before anyone says lentils are costly, what the *bleep* will you achieve by saving that money if you DIE? This is life and death situation out there. f**king idiots.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Kranti nagar is a slum/chawl area near Kandivali East Lokhandwala & entire Lokhandwala has already been turned into a containment zone, so these ppl are stupid beyond belief. The samta Nagar police chowki is also hardly 1-2 km away from that place. ??

This is one problem I have identified with low-income group that they don't have Refrigerator or access to storage of food. 

they need to buy stuff very often and they buy small quantities.

They really stood no chance to ward it off with social distancing if they are living in cities.

The lockdown will save middle-class and upper-class, but even many of them acting like idiots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

They are gonna die of obesity before the virus gets them.

1 hour ago, Right said:

How can they let this happen ?
This sort of sh*t unimaginable in Bangalore. 
Our area doesn't seem to have much cases. There are police in all major junctions. Today they stopped my friend and questioned him y he got his mother, y cant ge buy groceries.

This is just stupid..