The Playstation 5 thread

1 Question. To really enjoy the potential of a game like Death Stranding or Last of Us 2, I should play them on a PS5 with a PS5 game disc / digital or a PS4 disc will do ? Sony ever releases successful games again on a later gen to be able to utilize the potential of the console ?

Reason I ask is I would buy the PS5 and would rather play it on than PS4 if it actually makes a difference. If not, I'll play on PS4 now.

Edited by puns

30 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

True . If it launches above 42000 in India. No launch day buy for me. And this is the first console I want to own on LAUNCH DAY ?

Nahi hoga. 45k to 50k for DE.

60k perhaps for disc edition.

PS4 still has 1 year of life in it before games go next gen only by 2021 end.

If you want it cheap so badly better go to Dubai or Singapore and buy from there i guess.

23 minutes ago, puns said:

1 Question. To really enjoy the potential of a game like Death Stranding or Last of Us 2, I should play them on a PS5 with a PS5 game disc / digital or a PS4 disc will do ? Sony ever releases successful games again on a later gen to be able to utilize the potential of the console ?

Reason I ask is I would buy the PS5 and would rather play it on than PS4 if it actually makes a difference. If not, I'll play on PS4 now.

There is no gaurantee when you might get your hands on a ps5. The patches may or may not make significant enhancements.

Imo better to enjoy it now rather than wait for who knows how long.

Also TLOU2 has been designed keeping ps4 in mind, so barring fps everything else should remain the same imo. Kind of like TLOU and TLOU remastered.

Edited by playstationdude

35 minutes ago, puns said:

Buy PS4 disc, play on PS4, sell on TP.

I think the BC compatibility will either not be present at all or not work properly, so no point delaying playing TLOU2 in some hopes of 4k 60fps boost mode on PS5 that may never materialize.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

60k perhaps for disc edition.

THATS SAD ?

PS4 still has 1 year of life in it before games go next gen only by 2021 end.

If you want it cheap so badly better go to Dubai or Singapore and buy from there i guess.

I know PS4 still has good amount of life in it. It's just that I want to buy a console on launch day itself. Have saved 30k and hoping PS4 pro will get me 20-24k. So if it launches at above 42 il have to miss out Extra controller, charging station, and the media remote for later. 

This is why I'm waiting for Sony to announce THE GODDAMN PRICE!

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

It will gauranteed cost more than 42k in India. 399 pro was 40k and exchange rate has changed since.

I do agree with the exchange rates. It was around 54 today it's 74. Don't know if import duties are now less or more. 

3 hours ago, adity said:

Those games run amazingly well on a ps4. We don't yet have full details of BC but it's reasonable to expect that Sony will release ps5 enhancement patches for all big Sony exclusives. So, TLOU 2 or Death Stranding might get enhanced resolution, frame rates, load times, etc. on PS5. 

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

There is no gaurantee when you might get your hands on a ps5. The patches may or may not make significant enhancements.

Imo better to enjoy it now rather than wait for who knows how long.

Also TLOU2 has been designed keeping ps4 in mind, so barring fps everything else should remain the same imo. Kind of like TLOU and TLOU remastered.

Buy PS4 disc, play on PS4, sell on TP.

I think the BC compatibility will either not be present at all or not work properly, so no point delaying playing TLOU2 in some hopes of 4k 60fps boost mode on PS5 that may never materialize.

thanks all. Just busy in life so might delay playing it next year when PS5 comes out. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

I kinda expected no PS3 BC. It's hard to emulate Cell Processor, I don't think the PS3 emulation scene is perfect right now and I didn't think Sony would spend money to put in the actual Cell Processor Hardware like they did on early PS3 (Putting the PS2 Emotion Engine in it). I had hoped PS1 and PS2 BC would be there (Since almost all modern PCs can emulate them almost perfectly), but oh well - remaster/remake market and all.

But I really hope they have full PS4 BC. That's very important. There is not much difference in technology between PS4 and 5 to skip over the BC, nor is any PS4 remaster going to look much better on PS5. Personal reason - I still have a backlog of PS4 games (quite big) and need it on PS5.

Leaker KatharsisT (who leaked quite a few accurate details regarding Ghost of Tsushima) confirms that Konami is rebooting Silent Hill and it’s gonna be a PlayStation exclusive! Been in development for two years now

another L for Xbots 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Are there any PS3 exclusive games that don't have remasters? I can only think of MGS4

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Killzone 

Resistance 

Infamous 

Demon’s Souls (as of now)

these are some of the big names 

You see remasters only of those games which sold exceptionally well

You forgot Folklore. I couldn't finish the game, this game is the reason I wanted BC on PS4! We have shitty titles as PSN title for PS3 games but not this gem.