KnackChap

The Playstation 5 thread

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, triggr happy ss said:

Socom was much much better than turd killzone and resistance ,One of the best mp games before LOU mp.

Not really an apples to apples comparison.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, WhiteWolf said:

If Franchise was any good then we would have seen more games on PS4. Sony decided not fund it ever again shows how they feel about Resistance. :bigyellowgrin:

It's not a turd but gigantic flop Series like Kill zone. 

I mean yeah, ofcourse you know Sony much better than Sony knows itself.

He wanted Resistance 5 (with a side spin off in between somewhere) 

So that Sony shouldn’t have invested in Spider-Man 

which wouldn’t have gone ahead to become best selling platform exclusive in history 

& Wouldn’t have become the day 1 killer app AAA mega blockbuster system seller for PS5 

So yeah no wonder we all know how he really thinks :p

On 8/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, adity said:

Or maybe Sony wants to maintain the high quality and not drag a franchise out until its irrelevant. God of war was also put on hold until SSM came up with an exciting idea for a new game. 

You can give whatever spin u want or bash Halo Gears nd so on. IDGAF..

All im saying that Resistance was a failed franchise. It didn't sell much. Go back and check its sales or u want me to post it?. Games were good but didnt sell much and same goes for Killzone. I doubt you will  see another installment of Resistance anytime soon. Also Insomniac got Spiderman, why they will waste time on a flop Series like Resistance.?

Killzone sequel is a possibility coz Herman is head Sony studios now and he has the power to give one more shot at Killzone.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yes 

please tell us how badly they sold?!? :rofl:

VgChartz say first two games combined  of both franchises on PS3 sold upwards of 7 & 6 million copies respectively 

& that’s Physical data only....digital maybe tad bit more since digital was not trending back then 

By that logic every single XBone exclusive lately is a massive flop 

coz they don’t do anywhere near 

I doubt Gears 4+5 even came close to 7 million :lol: 

Nikaal zara apna data 

mai bhi dekhu :dance:

Edited by AnK

24 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

All im saying that Resistance was a failed franchise. It didn't sell much. Go back and check its sales or u want me to post it?. Games were good but didnt sell much and same goes for Killzone. I doubt you will  see another installment of Resistance anytime soon. Also Insomniac got Spiderman, why they will waste time on a flop Series like Resistance.?

Killzone sequel is a possibility coz Herman is head Sony studios now and he has the power to give one more shot at Killzone.

Insomniac can get out 4 AAA games minimum per gen normally, they won't just work on 1-2 IPs.

And speaking of flops, Crackdown still gets sequels that nobody is interested in playing :giggle:

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes 

please tell us how badly they sold?!? :rofl:

VgChartz say first two games combined  of both franchises on PS3 sold upwards of 7 & 6 million copies respectively 

& that’s Physical data only....digital maybe tad bit more since digital was not trending back then 

By that logic every single XBone exclusive lately is a massive flop 

coz they don’t do anywhere near 

I doubt Gears 4+5 even came close to 7 million :lol: 

Nikaal zara apna data 

mai bhi dekhu :dance:

The only AAA flops on Insomniac's resume are Fuse and Sunset Overdrive.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Konsi daaru peeta hai yeh jo aisa nasha chadta hai  :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

wasn't that an xbox exclusive ? i thought insomniac was a sony owned studio .... 

They recently bought them, but they were a 3rd party studio only having strong association with Sony, iirc they only started multiplat in the late ps3 and early ps4 era, before Sony officially bought them

Feeling like sherlock here, lol. I knew he was a filthy xbot when he said fake 4k.

At least, pretty much everyone on ivg recognised his bs early on. Other than our resident xbots of course. 

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The only AAA flops on Insomniac's resume are Fuse and Sunset Overdrive.

Sure

R2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/resistance-2-sales-only-two-thirds-of-original

R3

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-resistance-3-sales-well-down-on-r2

Sales For 'Resistance 3' Are Worse Than A Chimera's Smell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/resistance-3-sales/amp/

Resistance 1 sold decent but sequels flop.

Resistance 3 and Sunset got almost same meta score but in sales both flop. There's no defending this, so stop trying  lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

47 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Resistance 1 sold decent but sequels flop

R2 sold 3m copies 

that too in 2008 on one system 

Is that considered flop?!?

Quoting an article that compares first week sales of R1 which was a launch title with practically no other exclusive in action/shooter genre 

with R2 which came out after PS3 had exclusives like Uncharted,R&C,MGS4 out on the market?!? 

Abbey isko koi tadi paar kyu nahi karta IVG se :ack: