The Playstation 5 thread

32 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

To distill this into a single statement - used games allow people who otherwise won't be able to afford games actually afford games. 

Exactly.Damn Right GIF by memecandy

Edited by hussain

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/05/12/dualsense-third-party/

Immersion Corporation is the company that created the haptic feedback technology in the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller. In a recent earnings call to accompany their latest financial report, Immersion revealed the controller is “sparking a lot of interest among third-party peripheral manufacturers.”

To those who already have the PS5 purchased during it's official sale here, i would like to know the shop where most stable units come from.

I would like to avoid the lose tape fan noise issue, ssd corruption issue, broken dualsense issue, and most hardware issues it has. Recently had medical expenses so really need to spend money on a store than imports good build quality PS5.

Also with games the shop how can we pre book on may 17? Do we have to pay full or COD works ? I am from mumbai and idk how to book it, i have a reliance digital 15m away from home but feels risky going out, which websites will have online pre orders?

Been away from this for quite a while and feel lost on these flash sales

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

To those who already have the PS5 purchased during it's official sale here, i would like to know the shop where most stable units come from.

I would like to avoid the lose tape fan noise issue, ssd corruption issue, broken dualsense issue, and most hardware issues it has. Recently had medical expenses so really need to spend money on a store than imports good build quality PS5.

How will any store know what build quality PS5 they are getting?

How do you guys keep the white controller clean? Sweating a bit while playing the PS5 gets grime all over the controller especially on the grips.

I use Colin (the window clean liquid) but it's not as clean as new. Any other safe solutions to clean it?

Also, does anyone use some sort of cover/case for the controller? Like something I can put on the controller so that I don't dirty it while using?

7 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Also with games the shop how can we pre book on may 17? Do we have to pay full or COD works ? I am from mumbai and idk how to book it, i have a reliance digital 15m away from home but feels risky going out, which websites will have online pre orders?

The India units are built shoddily. Last I heard people complained about middle-aged female moaning sounds from the unit even on last gen games. 

Mine's a US unit. Top notch build quality. It purrs like Amanda Cerny if i manage to pull my paunch in and bend next to it. 

200.gif

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

How will any store know what build quality PS5 they are getting?

In india i see a trend some stores are sh*t at getting imports or product handling, i got my X1X on amazon and PS4 Pro from sony center, but now amazon doesn't have a ps5 and my nearest sony center closed idk why it was such a great place the staff was great as well.

A well known gaming importer shop nearby once told me avoid buying from sony mony they remove all good parts install used ones and then sell the product as new, i can trust that shop, all my samsung notes from croma and samsung shop had to be replaced but the samsung phones i got from flipkart worked well.

If all these shop get direct sony imports i do feel there is a cream of the crop thing at play and some shops work only for sony to sell their bad lot, happened with me with my ps3 slim bought at hypercity, it's lens died in 2 years.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

A well known gaming importer shop nearby once told me avoid buying from sony mony they remove all good parts install used ones and then sell the product as new

This is not true. 

Like not even 1% true bro. They don't even know how to insert a Hardisk in the dedicated tray on the PS4 lmao ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

The India units are built shoddily. Last I heard people complained about middle-aged female moaning sounds from the unit even on last gen games. 

Mine's a US unit. Top notch build quality. It purrs like Amanda Cerny if i manage to pull my paunch in and bend next to it. 

200.gif

My friends bro got his aussie ps5, and a couple of friends in canada got their ps5s, all are great, 99% of the time the factory A lot is sold there, and damaged of partially defective but working stuff is sold here, i had 2 kaput ps3s. The initial batches of the new system are always B-Grade here, my ps4 pro is now 3yrs in but seeing how late i got it in ps4 lifecycle i got a good one.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

In india i see a trend some stores are sh*t at getting imports or product handling, i got my X1X on amazon and PS4 Pro from sony center, but now amazon doesn't have a ps5 and my nearest sony center closed idk why it was such a great place the staff was great as well.

A well known gaming importer shop nearby once told me avoid buying from sony mony they remove all good parts install used ones and then sell the product as new, i can trust that shop, all my samsung notes from croma and samsung shop had to be replaced but the samsung phones i got from flipkart worked well.

If all these shop get direct sony imports i do feel there is a cream of the crop thing at play and some shops work only for sony to sell their bad lot, happened with me with my ps3 slim bought at hypercity, it's lens died in 2 years.

WTF :lol:

17 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

You'll be lucky if you get one. Also, I have had zero issues with my unit and 3 of my frnds have also had zero issues. We all got it from different places - Amazon/RD/Fk. 

All the best!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

This is not true. 

Like not even 1% true bro. They don't even know how to insert a Hardisk in the dedicated tray on the PS4 lmao ?

The shop i am informed from is legit into stuff this was a decade back, and he named sony mony not some other big chain also it was not for ps3, it was advice for other electronic goods, but i wouldn't buy from a shady shop anyway.

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

You'll be lucky if you get one. Also, I have had zero issues with my unit and 3 of my frnds have also had zero issues. We all got it from different places - Amazon/RD/Fk. 

All the best!

Did anyone even get from Games the shop, never bought any hardware from them, bought only games, also i don't know how replacement will work with them ? is it home pick up and drop ? They are only taking pre orders starting on 17th

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The shop i am informed from is legit into stuff this was a decade back, and he named sony mony not some other big chain also it was not for ps3, it was advice for other electronic goods, but i wouldn't buy from a shady shop anyway.

Will not argue with you here , but none of this is true. Also none of this Flipkart, GTS , Amazon, PPGC, shopatsc, vijay sales are shady shop.