The Playstation 5 thread

23 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

You're joking, right? It's already playable on the PS5 and PC, and looks good still. 

After playing Forbidden west and going back to HZD, it feels like a PS3 game. 

But yeah, this remake is unnecessary, considering HZD is just an okay game and not a PS classic. 

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

There are millions of gamers who haven’t played the 1st game yet ,this will be a great opportunity to bring them to the world of Aloy and another blockbuster PS franchise.

Love this new direction Sony is taking. Taking care of people who missed out on the game.

Will make multiple accounts to buy digital copies of the game at full price to support the sh*t out of this move.

12 minutes ago, Vamos said:

After playing Forbidden west and going back to HZD, it feels like a PS3 game. 

But yeah, this remake is unnecessary, considering HZD is just an okay game and not a PS classic. 

Didn't Sony try their best to push Aloy as a Playstation icon? Thought it worked. 

24 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Love this new direction Sony is taking. Taking care of people who missed out on the game.

Will make multiple accounts to buy digital copies of the game at full price to support the sh*t out of this move.

Or or, just don't buy the remake and continue to play the BC version since that is not being taken away and plays the same. Crazy thought, right?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

You’re not playing this game on Series S but do buy it multiple times for that no1 sales spot. We thank you for your service 

23 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Ooh. That makes sense. By the way, f**k their live action plans too. A f**king God of War show? Who thought that was a good idea? 

They're going big on live action adaptations, expanding the PS brand, the Uncharted success has has emboldened them clearly. 

In skeptical about GoW TV show too, and also HZD TV show. But looking forward to LoU and the GT Film. 

Edited by gecko89

3 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Or or, just don't buy the remake and continue to play the BC version since that is not being taken away and plays the same. Crazy thought, right?

My thoughts on remaking recent games. I don't have strong feelings about the HZD remake though as the game is not that great even though I had a lot of fun exploring that world and doing everything the game had to offer. 

An argument for the remake would be the fact that the biggest selling point for the Horizon games have always been their top tier graphics. So, I suppose a remake with updated cutting edge graphics does make sense in that way. 

An argument against it would be the obvious 'those resources could be used for another older game that really needs a remake. 

12 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

My thoughts on remaking recent games. I don't have strong feelings about the HZD remake though as the game is not that great even though I had a lot of fun exploring that world and doing everything the game had to offer. 

An argument for the remake would be the fact that the biggest selling point for the Horizon games have always been their top tier graphics. So, I suppose a remake with updated cutting edge graphics does make sense in that way. 

An argument against it would be the obvious 'those resources could be used for another older game that really needs a remake. 

One of the best reasons for them existing is very nicely explained in this thread. 

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

He in all likelihood doesn't own a PS4 and neither does the other pigeon dropping his nuggets here.

Begani shaadi me abdulle deewane :rofl:

If this rumour is true( based upon some random Pakistani journo's article ), it's probably a remaster to go along with their tv show or whatever.

They will only stop doing this when people stop buying, till then it will continue, like the whole $10 upgrade scandal, they only walked back after the outrage :lol:

But the best part is all the gamepass xpigeons who come here acting all concerned :rofl:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Why not remake great games that are actually old enough to need remakes and implement the same features? Good for everyone, right? 

I am pretty sure they will, when they have other reasons to do that as well

8 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I am pretty sure they will, when they have other reasons to do that as well

What other reasons? I can't think of any other than money. Specific cases would be the Demon Souls remake that was meant to be a console seller, and this one and the TLOU remake which are all supposed to help their upcoming TV shows apparently. Any way, it all boils down to making money. Some of us are just wondering if they've found remaking 5 year old games to be more profitable than remaking an actually old game which might be a bigger risk. 

54 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

What other reasons? I can't think of any other than money. Specific cases would be the Demon Souls remake that was meant to be a console seller, and this one and the TLOU remake which are all supposed to help their upcoming TV shows apparently. Any way, it all boils down to making money. Some of us are just wondering if they've found remaking 5 year old games to be more profitable than remaking an actually old game which might be a bigger risk. 

That is what I mean. Ultimately, it is upto the demand. And as you said, they have tv shows coming up and I am confident that those are big reasons as to why these games were chosen for remakes. Having said that, would love a remake/remaster collection of Infamous 1/2 and Resistance series

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

I think this is an exaggeration. Hzd looks beautiful even now:fear:

Yup, a bit exaggerated :P

But the dip in graphics quality can be felt immediately if you go from FW to HZD.