The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, AnK said:

No matter how many times we keep saying the exact same thing 

He just won’t understand 

This is the first time in generation cycle history that a manufacturer is replacing the last gen SKU with a new last gen SKu 

I just hope Multiplatform developers don’t bind themselves with this “new last gen SKU”

Else all PC & PS5 owners will be deprived of improved content too

Oh he does understand, the reason our pair of endangered xbots are now suddenly devotees of 60 fps is that they feel they now have a "point" against the PS5, now that nobody cares about the 12 TFLOPs meme.

3rd party devs will only bother with lockhart or shoebox series x if it sells well, much more than what the PS5 would sell.

As of now that seems unlikely :giggle:

During PS360 era the 360 was the "base" because early on it outsold the PS3.

This gen it was PS4, nobody bothered about the Xbox 720p which costed $500, bloated because of a shitty 2 rupees camera with motion tracking :lol:

16 minutes ago, AnK said:

Again you are missing the point 

If 3rd party developers start keeping Series S in mind 

it’s our loss too 

kabhi to ek baar mai baat samajh ja :rofl:

Y ? All 3rd party are making games for xbox and ps only?  All 1050-1060 ,other lower end cards  blow up tomorrow looking at 30fps true NextGen games from Sony :rofl:

It's our loss also :giggle:

2 hours ago, AnK said:

I bought Blacklist but never finished 

Last few games of that gen. Like this Crysis 3 , Deus Ex all I bought but missed?!?

was playing crap like KZSF,Infamous SS & watchdogs on PS4 instead :doh:

Not gonna repeat same mistake 

Saw this guy play Blacklist (only stealth) and I can't wait to play it. The game still looks gorgeous!

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

You can get the game for as low as 125rs in the upcoming steam summer sale.

It's quite an old game, so any half-decent PC/laptop should be able to run it well.

I don't have a gaming PC. I know it probably sounds weird but I'm so used to playing on consoles that it just doesn't feel right playing on a PC. I don't know what it is. ?

I guess I'll look for some cheap deals on digital codes. 1500 is just way too absurd for that old a game.

If Lockhart has same CPU, SSD and scaled back RDNA2 GPU then you can definitely make games for it, just at reduced resolution and fps. The API support and instruction set for modern architecture will be same, just without RT and at lower res.

4 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I really hope 3rd party don't cater to Lockhart or whatever that sh*t is named. They should just go for series x and PS5 giving middle finger to Lockhart and we get proper next gen games.

If it has the same SSD/CPU as the XSX, I don't think it'll matter much honestly. From what I've read, they're mostly skimping on the GPU and taking a hit on the price.

Personally, I'd prefer they don't release Lockheart and instead do what Sony has with their 2 SKUs.

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

It's very much possible all right. PS4 prices - they announced in front of everyone confidently in the E3 where the console was revealed itself. It's the way they are conducting themselves.

When asked about PS5 Price - "Oh don't worry guys!! You will definitely find the console definitely worth it. Look we have a new Horizon, TLOU will work on PS5 at launch, upgraded even. Don't sweat about the small details like the price. The console is definitely worth it. We Promise" That is not an ansswer. That is someone trying to skirt the issue and still trying to ensure that no one runs away when the price is finally revealed. Kind of like when a kid tries to talk to his parents on the day the exam report card comes out and he knows he has not done well on exams. Giving out expectations beforehand so the blow is softened later on when people actually see the results.

There is a 0% chance of PS5 being $700

I beat RDR2 on PS 4 pro yesterday and installed it on one x today. The crispness due to native 4K is noticeable. I totally regret playing that game on pro. If that game had a 1080p60fps option, I would have never selected that especially on a 4K screen. The loss in visual quality is too much. The surroundings look blurry. I played it on 1080p tv earlier and it was alright, but difference is staggering on native 4k display. I hope we always have native 4K 30 fps option next gen for all games. And if series X really does 4k60fps then I am buying that SOB too once there are enough next gen 3rd party games on it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I beat RDR2 on PS 4 pro yesterday and installed it on one x today. The crispness due to native 4K is noticeable. I totally regret playing that game on pro. If that game had a 1080p60fps option, I would have never selected that especially on a 4K screen. The loss in visual quality is too much. The surroundings look blurry. I played it on 1080p tv earlier and it was alright, but difference is staggering on native 4k display. I hope we always have native 4K 30 fps option next gen for all games. And if series X really does 4k60fps then I am buying that SOB too once there are enough next gen 3rd party games on it. 

This.

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

That is what I am praying for man. 4K30FPS HDR :P Funny how even 2k/QHD or even Checkerboard 4K on PRO looks WAY WAY ahead of 1080P on normal PS4. I might be the only one who was more impressed with HDR/Higher Resolution jump from PS4 to PRO rather than PS3 to PS4 gfx jump :rofl:

You can experience 60fps on any screen but to truly get the 4k/QHD/HDR visual effect idea you need a brilliant screen first. 

Edited by rAgHaV

1 minute ago, rAgHaV said:

That is what I am praying for man. 4K30FPS HDR :P Funny how even 2k or QHD or even chekerboard 4K on PRO looks WAY WAY ahead of 1080P on normal PS4. I might be the only one who was more impressed with HDR/Higher Resolution jump from PS4 to PRO rather than PS3 to PS4 gfx jump :rofl:

I am reinstalling all my old PS4 pro games which I beat on my older HDR tv which had sh*t HDR. God of War, HZD, Spider-Man look like entirely upgraded games in HDR. It's stunning. Started NG+ in God of War yesterday.

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I am reinstalling all my old PS4 pro games which I beat on my older HDR tv which had sh*t HDR. God of War, HZD, Spider-Man look like entirely upgraded games in HDR. It's stunning. Started NG+ in God of War yesterday.

Yup. HZD is one game I regret playing on standard PS4. Played all others, Spidey, Gow, Odessey (playing right now) on Pro HDR. 

For Me Black Flag (Played On Ps3) -> Unity/Syndicate (Played on PS4) was NOT as big of a visual jump as Unity/Syndicate (PS4) to Origins/Odyssey (PS4 PRO HDR) just an example using a Multiplat series that literally runs on everything out there. GOW performance mode is the best example tbh it feels like a completely different game visually in favour resolution setting if you have the correct setup.

Playing Odyssey on PRO + 4K HDR Monitor right now and every 20mins I literally stop for 2-5mins to absorb the visuals. :wub:

Edited by rAgHaV

1 minute ago, adity said:

This reminded me that I'll have to buy a 4k TV too along with the ps5. Goddammit. 

Bhai using this since 1.5yrs https://www.amazon.in/LG-inch-68-58-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B078GRM2MV iss monitor ne meri zindagi badal di, waqt badal diya, jazbaat badal diye.

I got this + Pro + PS headset in 1 order. Played 6 games since then but these 6 games have washed out normal ps4 visuals from my brain altogether :P I gave my normal PS4 to my sister's husband so every now and then when I go to their place I boot the normal PS4 and feel really nice about my monitor :fear:

Edited by rAgHaV

12 minutes ago, Keano said:

choosing upscaled game at 30fps over the same game 60fps at lower resolution :lol: 

Yes many people prefer playing GoW on favour resolution mode instead of favour frame rate. I don't know what kind of upscaling (no knowledge on checkerboard etc) it is but it looks drop dead gorgeous on a 4k screen and makes the 1080p mode look funny. 

They would have never bothered with the toggle in the first place if EVERYONE out there prefers higher frame rate instead of better visuals. Also, 1080p mode on that doesn't give 60fps always, it stays between 30 to 50fps while resolution setting stays at 30fps stable. 

I know Xbox one x does 4k native on rdr2 which gives me hope that next gen most games should be native 4k30fps.

Edited by rAgHaV