The Xbox Series X|S thread

7 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Motion sickness sucks, dude. I remember playing Doom and Wolfenstein as a kid, when we got a PC for the first time, and getting these bad headaches and almost puking. Never got much better, so I usually skip FPS games. I think 60fps kinda helps in my recent experience, played and finished Titanfall 2 a few months ago without much issues.

We got you the first time :P

P.S. This Double triple posting is getting out of hand. 

P.P.S. Ok, I saw 4 posts and now I see only 2.

Edited by gecko89
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Does quick resume randomly not work for anyone ? It’s annoying how random it is. Had to redo a ton of missions in Yakuza 0, despite adding the game to the quick resume folder, didn’t work.

Some games don't work well with it. I've faced my fair share of issues. Sometimes it's a software thing, sometimes it's a user error. For the longest time, I thought QR wasn't working for me but it turned out that I was powering off the console wrong. It's been great after that but I do face some issues here and there.

15 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Does quick resume randomly not work for anyone ? It’s annoying how random it is. Had to redo a ton of missions in Yakuza 0, despite adding the game to the quick resume folder, didn’t work.

DP

Edited by TRMNTR

2 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been feeling nauseated while playing Metro Exodus.

I think cause I haven't played FPS in quite a while and the tv being kinda big (43in) is causing this.

I have stopped playing after the 4th arc. Anyone else feels sick during FPS and how do you deal with it.

I've faced it as well. Juddery camera and sometimes the colors or art style makes me feel nauseated. It happens rarely but it's mostly triggered when I play such games for longer durations. The first game where I felt like this (as far as I can remember) was Half Life.

5 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

The first game where I felt like this (as far as I can remember) was Half Life.

Yep. This is the reason I've never completed HL2 till today. 

Strangely never had the problem with L4D2 or Portal 2. Only Half Life 2.  But it was really bad. I couldn't play more than an hour without needing to go lie down. 

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Strangely never had the problem with L4D2 or Portal 2. Only Half Life 2.  But it was really bad. I couldn't play more than an hour without needing to go lie down. 

Yep, I have some bad memories of that game. :lol:

30 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I've faced it as well. Juddery camera and sometimes the colors or art style makes me feel nauseated. It happens rarely but it's mostly triggered when I play such games for longer durations. The first game where I felt like this (as far as I can remember) was Half Life.

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I have faced the same issue with certain FPS like Half Life and Portal (sometimes). But never with Far Cry or Doom. Probably to do with corridor based games.

I found that using speakers helps. Headphones increased the sense of claustrophobia for me.

12 hours ago, makdi_man said:

I have been feeling nauseated while playing Metro Exodus.

I think cause I haven't played FPS in quite a while and the tv being kinda big (43in) is causing this.

I have stopped playing after the 4th arc. Anyone else feels sick during FPS and how do you deal with it.

Basic triggers for me are low fps, narrow FoV and head bobbing. So practically every shooter on console made me sick :lol: This is one reason why I switched to PC. High fps and super wide FoV (110+) will usually cure that feeling of queasiness. Metro on next-gen consoles have FoV slider, try maxing it out and see if it works.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I know it's cool to sh*t on GTAO and RDRO because mtx and muh SP dlc but f**king hell RDRO is fun as hell. We've been playing in a group of 5-7 since the last few days and just can't get enough. 

I imagine GTAO will be even more fun. 

Never got into any R* MP before and now i can kinda see why these games have such long legs. 

GTAO is very fun with friends/proper groups and not randoms. Most complain due to pricing of the items really. Though when I played I didn't bother much as long I had a car to drive and enough money to plan heist. 

The progression was very slow/expensive though. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I know it's cool to sh*t on GTAO and RDRO because mtx and muh SP dlc but f**king hell RDRO is fun as hell. We've been playing in a group of 5-7 since the last few days and just can't get enough. 

I imagine GTAO will be even more fun. 

Never got into any R* MP before and now i can kinda see why these games have such long legs. 

idk, rdr2 mp seems boring, maybe because these olden days settings don't make for good MP.

GTAO is fun though unless

1)You encounter those vile chinese hackers griefers with technical skill*( maybe it's a PC only issue )

2)You have buddies to play GTAO with along with headsets and all.

There's a reason it's going well for like ~8 years now

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Basic triggers for me are low fps, narrow FoV and head bobbing. So practically every shooter on console made me sick :lol: This is one reason why I switched to PC. High fps and super wide FoV (110+) will usually cure that feeling of queasiness. Metro on next-gen consoles have FoV slider, try maxing it out and see if it works.

I have already set the FoV to max. Still this game is giving me nausea.

Cause there's no permanent mini-map, no waypoint and pesky mutants spawning behind my back. I constantly keep the screen moving and it is causing the headache.

Another game bought which I won't complete. :cry:

7 minutes ago, makdi_man said:

I have already set the FoV to max. Still this game is giving me nausea.

Cause there's no permanent mini-map, no waypoint and pesky mutants spawning behind my back. I constantly keep the screen moving and it is causing the headache.

Another game bought which I won't complete. :cry:

I'd say play it in short bursts but it'll take forever to finish then. :P