The Xbox Series X|S thread

17 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Nope. Just use a regular drive. The Black logo is just marketing for extra bucks.

That’s a shame. Since WD Black usually claim higher RPM than regular drives, figured it might be better. Looks nice and all but I don’t feel like spending 1200 bucks more for something that’ll stay hidden behind the console for most of it’s lifespan. 

28 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

That’s a shame. Since WD Black usually claim higher RPM than regular drives, figured it might be better. Looks nice and all but I don’t feel like spending 1200 bucks more for something that’ll stay hidden behind the console for most of it’s lifespan. 

Higher rpm barely makes any difference, if at all. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle

37 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Higher rpm barely makes any difference, if at all. 

“Given two identically designed hard drives with the same areal densities, a 7,200 RPM drive will deliver data about 33% faster than the 5,400 RPM drive. Consequently, this specification is important when evaluating the expected performance of a hard drive or when comparing different HDD models.”

^Taken from Seagate’s website. 

But yeah, any performance bump wouldn’t have been that significant because consoles don’t transfer data in a uniform manner. My reasoning was that the WD Black line up being gamer focused would provide some advantage beyond just the aesthetics

There have been so many random drops on flipkart and Amazon in last one week. Just follow the Twitter accounts which keep track of it and buy from a legit retailer than someone as scummy as ppgc

8 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

There have been so many random drops on flipkart and Amazon in last one week. Just follow the Twitter accounts which keep track of it and buy from a legit retailer than someone as scummy as ppgc

Could you link me one of the twitter handles? Dealing with that jackass is the last resort 

Those who bought Xbox Series X from Amazon in the past 6 months: What was the wait times from ordering and delivery? My estimated time is Feb 14th, ordered on Jan 16th

3 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Those who bought Xbox Series X from Amazon in the past 6 months: What was the wait times from ordering and delivery? My estimated time is Feb 14th, ordered on Jan 16th

Got mine in 5 days, but that was because Amazon had it in stock. 

In the latest drop, they themselves showed mid Feb as the delivery date. So looks like they're going to get new stocks, nothing in stock. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Amazon always sticks to the delivery date, for better or worse. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aercy said:

This guy plays with time.