Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

On 9/29/2022 at 9:05 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Nice! More should play this. What an underrated gem of a game :wub:

Hope the pricing is good, wanted to play this since people seem to love this game on the forum, but no PS5 :(

Hope the other PS5 games also come to PC.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Hope the pricing is good, wanted to play this since people seem to love this game on the forum, but no PS5 :(

Hope the other PS5 games also come to PC.

The launch pricing on psn was 4999 , so maybe it’ll be like that on PC too. :P But I think it’ll be fairly priced on PC

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Apparently this is the best game to play with a DualSense but this is a shooter so I'm confused whether to use M+KB or buy a Dualsense 

IMO yes , the haptic feedback on the dualsense triggers feel good. But will you get that feedback if a dualsense controller is used on PC? :scratchchin: 

32 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

The launch pricing on psn was 4999 , so maybe it’ll be like that on PC too. :P But I think it’ll be fairly priced on PC

IMO yes , the haptic feedback on the dualsense triggers feel good. But will you get that feedback if a dualsense controller is used on PC? :scratchchin: 

On spider man you did, but only if it's connected by a cord

Edited by dylanjosh

So I finally beat the 3rd boss. Slowly, Returnal has begun to grow on me, though I don't play this for more than 5-6 hours per week. 

Sad to see all my upgrades and gun vanished when it put me in the 4th biome. :ranting:

Question: Do we always start Biome 4 with some weapon proficiency? It shows mine at 15 iirc. Or if I die, I should re-run through biome 1-3 to get stuff up?

Edited by LordSpymaster
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

So I finally beat the 3rd boss. Slowly, Returnal has begun to grow on me, though I don't play this for more than 5-6 per week. 

Sad to see all my upgrades and gun vanished when it put me in the 4th biome. :ranting:

Question: Do we always start Biome 4 with some weapon proficiency? It shows mine at 15 iirc. Or if I die, I should re-run through biome 1-3 to get stuff up?

You always start at 15 in Biome 4. And B4 is your new base whenever you die.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

So I finally beat the 3rd boss. Slowly, Returnal has begun to grow on me, though I don't play this for more than 5-6 hours per week. 

My sloppy a*s reflexes, 55 hrs in 16 months and still hurting at Biome 3 :cry: 

Stardew valley might be my true calling, lemme check it out.

Edited by Channu
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Channu said:

My sloppy a*s reflexes, 55 hrs in 16 months and still hurting at Biome 3 :cry: 

Stardew valley might be my true calling, lemme check it out.

Try finding suit artifacts like adrenaline leech, damage augment , protection augment . Especially adrenaline leech Whenever u get the chance just buy it blindly. Regenerates health as u kill enemies.Thanks to adrenaline leech I’ve defeated the final boss 3 times now :fear: 

Prioritize integrity augment at every fabricator shop

integrity augment + adrenaline leech = ez win 

if you have unlocked thermogenic launcher gun ….use that….it’s awesome

I only get time to play this on sat night and Sunday , so due to time constraints I searched a bit of YouTube for tips to get better :P Was able to play decently only after that 

Edited by silv3rgunn3r
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Try finding suit artifacts like adrenaline leech, damage augment , protection augment . Especially adrenaline leech Whenever u get the chance just buy it blindly. Regenerates health as u kill enemies.Thanks to adrenaline leech I’ve defeated the final boss 3 times now :fear: 

Prioritize integrity augment at every fabricator shop

integrity augment + adrenaline leech = ez win 

if you have unlocked thermogenic launcher gun ….use that….it’s awesome

I only get time to play this on sat night and Sunday , so due to time constraints I searched a bit of YouTube for tips to get better :P Was able to play decently only after that 

I've got that leech thing very few times, although it blocks Silphium but was so worth it. That was the only time I cleared biome 2 & reached till biome 3 end in first go. After this run, took me atleast a couple few hour long runs to even reach the biome 3 boss :mellow:

Thermogenic is unlocked but I was avoiding it for carbine/hollowseeker with shockstream since it has got very few shots for now and took some bit of aiming else was missing targets. Will give it a go to see how it fares for me. Another weapon that I haven't touched is spitman & rotgland. 

5 hours ago, Channu said:

I've got that leech thing very few times, although it blocks Silphium but was so worth it. That was the only time I cleared biome 2 & reached till biome 3 end in first go. After this run, took me atleast a couple few hour long runs to even reach the biome 3 boss :mellow:

Thermogenic is unlocked but I was avoiding it for carbine/hollowseeker with shockstream since it has got very few shots for now and took some bit of aiming else was missing targets. Will give it a go to see how it fares for me. Another weapon that I haven't touched is spitman & rotgland. 

Bro..... adrenaline leech does not block silphium usage. You keep regenerating health as your adrenaline levels go up. You can use silphium vials alongside that .

Do not forget buying integrity augment upgrades at the shop though. That thing is so useful

Hollowseeker is amazing but to fight the sentients and those bigass creatures in biome 3 i highly suggest using a thermogenic launcher 

Spitman is good but rotgland bc i could never use it 

For aiming put aim assist to high :P will help a lot as i did that for biome 5 to 6....was difficult without that :P

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Bro..... adrenaline leech does not block silphium usage. You keep regenerating health as your adrenaline levels go up. You can use silphium vials alongside that .

Do not forget buying integrity augment upgrades at the shop though. That thing is so useful

Hollowseeker is amazing but to fight the sentients and those bigass creatures in biome 3 i highly suggest using a thermogenic launcher 

Spitman is good but rotgland bc i could never use it 

For aiming put aim assist to high :P will help a lot as i did that for biome 5 to 6....was difficult without that :P

Ah... yes. It wasn't adrenaline leech, rather some regeneration parasite which used to heal some % of damage dealt at the cost of blocking silphium. It was so perfect though!

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Stardew Valley is bae

:wub: It's time, enough of this roguelike world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...